Teacher kicks student for wearing GOP shirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

So we should fire all racists, homophobes, and sexists? Hmmm let's start with D.C.
First let's make very easy definitions:

Racists: people who hate blacks, jews, other racial minorities.
Homophobes: people who hate gay people. (The term doesn't apply to those who only disagree with the lifestyle.)
Sexists: people who hate based on gender.

Yeah, fire all the racists, homophobes, and sexists. There are honest people out there who need jobs, and they're willing to fill their shoes.

nbcrusader said:
If you fire all people who harbor some hatred in their heart, then everyone is out of a job.....
Interesting point. I admittedly have some hatred for what the ACLU is trying to do - kick God out of the country.

But... I offered a non-partisan post for once, and yet, it got misinterpreted. I don't think anyone on here supports what this teacher did - inflict violence on a student. I believe that my message was positive - try to respect difference. And yet... somebody somewhere had the nerve to harp on it.

There is no way to wipe every bit of hatred out of every person in the world. You can't do it.

U2Kitten said:
There is no way to wipe every bit of hatred out of every person in the world. You can't do it.
I agree with you. However, this teacher harmed one of her students. That deserves punishment in my book.

Macfistowannabe said:

But... I offered a non-partisan post for once, and yet, it got misinterpreted. I don't think anyone on here supports what this teacher did - inflict violence on a student. I believe that my message was positive - try to respect difference. And yet... somebody somewhere had the nerve to harp on it.

Not harping, I was trying to make a point.
You said;
Fire this irresponsible teacher for not tolerating a view other than her own.

If she's fired, it should be for assault charges filed, not because of her tolerance levels. Our government, our schools, our work place, this forum, they all have intolerant people. We live in a country that allows that, you can't be fired for your views, but only your actions. I was just trying to make that point.

So I ask politely that you don't call me out without confronting me first. Thank you.

Didn't mean for it to be THAT personal. I was just surprised that my post - which I thought was very positive - got a bad rap. No, you can't be fired for your views, but for some people, disagreement leads to violence. Tolerance is something that is a mis-definition a lot of the time. I think tolerance is respecting a difference. I believe I've made my point, enough said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom