Talibans are sick...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patti Jones

The Fly
Yeah, we can all agree in that (or most of us) but what we maybe are not taking care about is that Afgani ppl hate them...but Talibans have the arms...ask anyone who have been there...look for it in Amnesty's reports...Women have secret organizations to study or to be seen by doctors, cos they cann't be touched by a man that's not her son or husband, they can be touched by other womans, but since woman can not study or work anymore there are no woman doctors so they die of silly illness. Afghani Men allow them to have this organizations 'cos they are NOT Talibans. If the US is really thinking about end up all the terrorist they should join the Afganistan ppl against the Talibans...

What US is going to do is like bombin jews in Nazi German 'cos they dislike Nazis...

BTW. The US is thinking about destroyin' all the terrorists training caps...does it includes the CIA camps? 'Cos as far as I know they trained Ossama Ben Laden...

Hey US ppl, dont get me wrong. I think you ppl have the power to change the history...I don't think you are wrong, I think your gobernment is wrong...and what are you going to do about it?

Love and Peace on earth.

------------------
Patti
-Pride Girl-

Hey, I've got an idea. This is pretty radical, so hear me out.

How about...you still with me? How about we wait for the damn government to do something before we start bitching and moaning about it. How's that sound?

They haven't done a thing, but their action is already wrong. That's brilliant.

Originally posted by Patti Jones:
BTW. The US is thinking about destroyin' all the terrorists training caps...does it includes the CIA camps? 'Cos as far as I know they trained Ossama Ben Laden...

Good grief, I think the is the 5th time I've had to say this!
The US government trained The Muhajidin rebel forces to drive the soviets out of Afghanistan. Bin Laden just happened to be a member of the Muhajidin. That is the extent to which we trained Bin Laden. Some of you folks make it sound like we trained the guy to be a terrorist.

Originally posted by MSU2mike:
How about...you still with me? How about we wait for the damn government to do something before we start bitching and moaning about it. How's that sound?

They haven't done a thing, but their action is already wrong. That's brilliant.[/B]

Yep, they havent done a thing, but they are talking about go against the "Countries" that protect the terrorists, and those "countries" that are not with them (So if you are neutral, are you against?), and "countries" includes ppl, a lot, the majority inocent ppl.

BTW, are you going to wait for them to take the desition of (for example) bombing Afganistan to do something about those inocent woman who cannot live with dignity and also have to be killed, or injured, or see their sons die? For those boys who will never have the chance to get a good life and also have to live injured or without parents? Do you know that a little girl can be killed if she has no male relatives? Do you think you are going to have time to do someting once the desition is made?

NOW is the time to do someting, if you are there, you can do it. Im in a Banana Republic of the South (Argentina) and we are doing our best, but US ppl and goberment have never saw us... i hope this time you do
smile.gif

Love and peace on earth,

------------------
Patti
-Pride Girl-

Who says they're going to bomb Afghanistan? There isn't much there to bomb, aside from training camps and other Taliban resources. I don't see them going in and blowing the shit out of civilian areas just for the hell of it. Maybe in Iraq, and if that's what it takes then so be it, but they aren't going to go killing civilians all willy nilly like you seem to think.

And frankly, death would be a step up for most of the citizens in Afghanistan (saw a piece where a couple females said it themselves). Now obviously that's not what we want. The preferred result would simply be to remove the Taliban and either institute the Northern Alliance or some other more moderate form of government.

If the US is really thinking about end up all the terrorist they should join the Afganistan ppl against the Talibans...

---Watch the news once in a while and you'll find that the US has been in contact w/ anti-Taliban Afghani leaders

What US is going to do is like bombin jews in Nazi German 'cos they dislike Nazis...

--What???

--see 80sU2's response to this

Hey US ppl, dont get me wrong. I think you ppl have the power to change the history...I don't think you are wrong, I think your gobernment is wrong...and what are you going to do about it?

--Our GOVERNMENT (note the correct spelling) is right trying to put an end to terrorism. Are you a terrorist??

Yep, they havent done a thing, but they are talking about go against the "Countries" that protect the terrorists, and those "countries" that are not with them (So if you are neutral, are you against?)

--DEAD WRONG; the US is NOT after countries that choose to remain neutral. For Christsake, learn how to think, listen, type, and spell before you post.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

[This message has been edited by StarsnStripes (edited 09-20-2001).]

Who says they're going to bomb Afghanistan? There isn't much there to bomb, aside from training camps and other Taliban resources. I don't see them going in and blowing the shit out of civilian areas just for the hell of it. Maybe in Iraq, and if that's what it takes then so be it, but they aren't going to go killing civilians all willy nilly like you seem to think.

And frankly, death would be a step up for most of the citizens in Afghanistan (saw a piece where a couple females said it themselves). Now obviously that's not what we want. The preferred result would simply be to remove the Taliban and either institute the Northern Alliance or some other more moderate form of government.

Are you saying it wouldn't be a crying shame to sacrifice those ppl of Afghanistan that aren't affiliated with the Taliban then?
I did read your post very carefully so dont attack me right off by saying read it again!

Just wondering...

How about we wait for the damn government to do something before we start bitching and moaning about it.

Careful......people may not be able to handle this kind of sound logic.

------------------
If they knock you down get right back up. That's the only way to do it. ~ Elvis Presley

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

[This message has been edited by Like O2 (edited 09-21-2001).]

---Watch the news once in a while and you'll find that the US has been in contact w/ anti-Taliban Afghani leaders

>Yesterday was the first time we heard your government talking about going against the Talibans only. What we get here (Again Argentina) is...

[Pic]
Dick Cheney, vicepresidente de los Estados Unidos, durante la entrevista para la NBC. Identific? a Afganistan como "blanco probable de los ataques? Clarin 09-16-2001

Dick Cheney, US vice president, during a NBC interview. Identified Afganistan as ?Target of probables attacks? Clarin newspaper 09-16-2001

See Afganistan does not mean Talibans.-

--What???

>Just a comparison...get it?

--see 80sU2's response to this

>I read it, but what i?ve got is that the first people in his organization (That later took the name of 'al Qa'eida') was trained by the CIA (I gues it is in the ?See the face of Satan? book (Just in case, that?s the translation of the spanish name of the book) and in ?Osama bin Laden, la 'oveja negra' de la CIA? Adri?n Mac Liman's report. Centro de Colaboraciones Solidarias. Espa?a, abril del 2001) in sabotage actions ...don?t you think that can be used to be a terrorist? Don?t you think that was the best training they could get, CIA trainig?

Here it is a Quote (In my Bad translation, I hope your spanish is Better than my English) of the Adrian Mac Liman report:

Sus detractores dicen que su historia violenta se remonta a mucho tiempo antes, m?s precisamente a 1979, cuando las tropas de la ex Uni?n Sovi?tica invadieron Afganist?n y se alist? junto a la guerrilla de ese pa?s. R?pidamente entabl? contactos con la CIA, que apoyaba a los guerrilleros y entrenaba a los seguidores de Bin Laden en t?cnicas de sabotaje. El apoyo que les dio entre 1981 y 1988 sum? 2.300 millones de d?lares.

His detractors says that his violent story starts a long ago, more precisely in 1979, when the ex URSS troops invaded Afganistan and He enroled in the guerrilla. He quickly contact the CIA, that support the guerrilla and trained Bin Ladens men in Sabotage technics. The support given between 1981 and 1988 raised to 2,300 millions dollars.-

Maybe, we will never know the true
frown.gif

--Our GOVERNMENT (note the correct spelling) is right trying to put an end to terrorism. Are you a terrorist??

>Fortunatly not yet! Don?t get me wrong again, I dislike those men as much as you do (and as much as anyone who has no trouble in killing). But I think that terrorism is bad for you when is against you in your country, and when it is against others does not matters, cos not even when the bombs of al Qa'eida go off in Arabia and kill only US ppl you react...it is just an opinion, right? (sorry for the spelling, the spanish is Gobernante, with B)

--DEAD WRONG; the US is NOT after countries that choose to remain neutral. For Christsake, learn how to think, listen, type, and spell before you post.

>The following are quotes of Bush?s last nite speech:

?This is the world's fight. This is civilization's fight?

?Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists.?

?Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them?

>I dont know where the neutral chance is there. And less since...when the Israel embassy went off here in Buenos Aires (In fact twice, in 1992 and 1994), and our Government ask yours for help, the US answered that this was OUR fight...so, you werent with us, were you with the terrorists?

I?ve learnt how to read, now you start to read between the lines.

PS that?s worried, and says: I?ve talked from what i read here (In my city) , I dont misjudge you. I think you talk of what you?ve got, so don?t misjudge me. Maybe you are wrong, maybe Im wrong, maybe we both are wong. Try to take it in a more mature way when someone says something you dislike to hear.-
biggrin.gif

Peace on earth

------------------
Patti
-Pride Girl-

Back
Top Bottom