Syria is nothing but trouble. - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Yeah. Fuck 'em! We'll go into any country we want and install any damn government we want! GO USA!!

Thank God other countries don't share your expert opinion, or the US would have been fucked a long time ago.
So you do not recognise the situations were sovereignty is forfeit?

Old 01-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
first off I am not twelve and the souther part of yemen is communist, thanks to a yemenes person I have worked with. So your questioning my intelligence.
Yup, we are questioning your intelligence, and so far, all evidence points to the same answer: You're an idiot. Either that, or the person you worked with is and you're incredibly gullible.

Courtesy of http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/ym.html - aka The CIA.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:32 PM   #63
She's the One

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Old 01-18-2006, 09:34 PM   #64
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
So you do not recognise the situations were sovereignty is forfeit?
Whatever the hell those may be. I have always had serious issues with countries invading and taking over other countries, for whatever justifications they can make up.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:36 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
first off I am not twelve and the souther part of yemen is communist, thanks to a yemenes person I have worked with. So your questioning my intelligence.
Here's a history of Yemen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemen

From 1962 until 1990, the country was divided into North Yemen, which was a republic governed by Islamic sharia law, and South Yemen, which was communist. In 1990, South Yemen merged with North Yemen and took North Yemen's form of government. The present government of unified Yemen is a republic governed by Islamic sharia law.

Quote:
The only reason you all may know a little more than me is because your rich parents pay for all your shit. You probably have never been to a third world country, the farthest you people may have travelled is mexico or canada. You people are the stupid ones who ask do you speak Guatemalan??
I had my hints from the start that your ancestry was from either Central or South America, which is why I am also baffled by your heavy anti-immigrant rants in this forum.

Rest assured, in terms of wealth, I have always been the furthest from it. But I do believe that's besides the point. The best respect I can give to people in this forum is to treat everyone here equally...which I do. I can be a very vicious and argumentative person, and I treat no one here with kid gloves. But that does not mean that I don't respect everyone here as a human being. I have no clue what everyone here is like in the real world (and, as such, the best indication I have for anyone here is based on their words), and I also believe that the internet brings out the worst in everyone. Anyone at Interference who has met me in person can attest to that.

Melon
Old 01-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:04 PM
How dare you call me an idiot you pompus fuck face. You dont know me. I am also majoring in history only that I have been having a rough week. So sorry I am not up to par with you einstein. I hope your studies are going well. Why dont you leave MIT and go live in a different country and experience life.
you know ever since elementary school I was considered and moron and put in special education classes. Yet I was facinated by history. And because I was thought of that way I contiplated suicide, but I didn't.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Thanks to Wikipedia and a few other really good sites, the idea that 'knowledge' depends on being rich is going the way of the dodo. I mean, ok some things are opinion and will always be contested, but we don't have to rely on buying books to find out stuff.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Yeah. Fuck 'em! We'll go into any country we want and install any damn government we want! GO USA!!

Thank God other countries don't share your expert opinion, or the US would have been fucked a long time ago.
Maybe you didn't get what I was trying to say. What I meant was that if a country has strategic interests and goals in a country and thinks an invasion is in their best interests, and can be accomplished, the notion of some sort of sovereignty is probably not going to stop them. Only being realistic, I'm not saying that I support such policies.

(Although I have to say that our definition of what makes a nation sovereign seems kind of fuzzy sometimes)
Old 01-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

'pompous fuck face'??? Wow, Melon, I think he's got you pegged. We are always complaining about that at Xeidon!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Thank you melon
Old 01-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville
'pompous fuck face'??? Wow, Melon, I think he's got you pegged. We are always complaining about that at Xeidon!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling he was referring to DaveC.

Melon
Old 01-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

i wasnt refering to melon
Old 01-18-2006, 09:43 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Shit, this is confusing, daveC hasn't even posted since the last page somewhere! I stand corrected!

WHOOP!!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:44 PM   #74
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal

Maybe you didn't get what I was trying to say. What I meant was that if a country has strategic interests and goals in a country and thinks an invasion is in their best interests, and can be accomplished, the notion of some sort of sovereignty is probably not going to stop them. Only being realistic, I'm not saying that I support such policies.

(Although I have to say that our definition of what makes a nation sovereign seems kind of fuzzy sometimes)
I misunderstood you. I'm sorry.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Thank you melon again I will read it over tomorrow at work.