Syria is nothing but trouble.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:

Yeah. Fuck 'em! We'll go into any country we want and install any damn government we want! GO USA!!

Thank God other countries don't share your expert opinion, or the US would have been fucked a long time ago. :rolleyes:
So you do not recognise the situations were sovereignty is forfeit?

Justin24 said:
first off I am not twelve and the souther part of yemen is communist, thanks to a yemenes person I have worked with. So your questioning my intelligence.

Yup, we are questioning your intelligence, and so far, all evidence points to the same answer: You're an idiot. Either that, or the person you worked with is and you're incredibly gullible.

ym-map.gif

Courtesy of http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ym.html - aka The CIA.

Justin24 said:
first off I am not twelve and the souther part of yemen is communist, thanks to a yemenes person I have worked with. So your questioning my intelligence.

Here's a history of Yemen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemen

From 1962 until 1990, the country was divided into North Yemen, which was a republic governed by Islamic sharia law, and South Yemen, which was communist. In 1990, South Yemen merged with North Yemen and took North Yemen's form of government. The present government of unified Yemen is a republic governed by Islamic sharia law.

The only reason you all may know a little more than me is because your rich parents pay for all your shit. You probably have never been to a third world country, the farthest you people may have travelled is mexico or canada. You people are the stupid ones who ask do you speak Guatemalan??

I had my hints from the start that your ancestry was from either Central or South America, which is why I am also baffled by your heavy anti-immigrant rants in this forum.

Rest assured, in terms of wealth, I have always been the furthest from it. But I do believe that's besides the point. The best respect I can give to people in this forum is to treat everyone here equally...which I do. I can be a very vicious and argumentative person, and I treat no one here with kid gloves. But that does not mean that I don't respect everyone here as a human being. I have no clue what everyone here is like in the real world (and, as such, the best indication I have for anyone here is based on their words), and I also believe that the internet brings out the worst in everyone. Anyone at Interference who has met me in person can attest to that.

Melon

How dare you call me an idiot you pompus fuck face. You dont know me. I am also majoring in history only that I have been having a rough week. So sorry I am not up to par with you einstein. I hope your studies are going well. Why dont you leave MIT and go live in a different country and experience life.
you know ever since elementary school I was considered and moron and put in special education classes. Yet I was facinated by history. And because I was thought of that way I contiplated suicide, but I didn't.

Thanks to Wikipedia and a few other really good sites, the idea that 'knowledge' depends on being rich is going the way of the dodo. I mean, ok some things are opinion and will always be contested, but we don't have to rely on buying books to find out stuff.

martha said:

Yeah. Fuck 'em! We'll go into any country we want and install any damn government we want! GO USA!!

Thank God other countries don't share your expert opinion, or the US would have been fucked a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Maybe you didn't get what I was trying to say. What I meant was that if a country has strategic interests and goals in a country and thinks an invasion is in their best interests, and can be accomplished, the notion of some sort of sovereignty is probably not going to stop them. Only being realistic, I'm not saying that I support such policies.

(Although I have to say that our definition of what makes a nation sovereign seems kind of fuzzy sometimes)

Kieran McConville said:
'pompous fuck face'??? Wow, Melon, I think he's got you pegged. We are always complaining about that at Xeidon!:wink:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling he was referring to DaveC. :wink:

Melon

VertigoGal said:

Maybe you didn't get what I was trying to say. What I meant was that if a country has strategic interests and goals in a country and thinks an invasion is in their best interests, and can be accomplished, the notion of some sort of sovereignty is probably not going to stop them. Only being realistic, I'm not saying that I support such policies.

(Although I have to say that our definition of what makes a nation sovereign seems kind of fuzzy sometimes)

I misunderstood you. I'm sorry.

Justin24 said:
Thank you melon again I will read it over tomorrow at work.

Happy reading. Wikipedia is a decent source for any kind of random knowledge, but the only major disclaimer about that site is that they sometimes get their minor details wrong. Exercise reasonable critical thinking, and it's a useful treasure trove.

Melon

I read about wikiepedia getting some info wrong.still a treasure trove though

I want to apologize for saying what I said to DaveC. I knew it wasn't right, but I was furios. Please accept my apology.

Justin24 said:

Now I'm questioning both your intelligence and your sense. Seems like you're gullible.

The only reason you all may know a little more than me is because your rich parents pay for all your shit. You probably have never been to a third world country, the farthest you people may have travelled is mexico or canada. You people are the stupid ones who ask do you speak Guatemalan??

Seems like you're stupid too and love to make inaccurate assumptions. What do rich parents have to do with anything? I'll have you know that I've lived below the poverty line, and I can barely afford to go to university even in Australia's heavily subsidised system.

However, I have a passion for geography, history, and knowledge in general. You don't need to be rich to be able to read and get your facts right.

So yeah, get a clue. Come back here once you do.

Wow.

He may be stupid but to actually go and try to reason with him is, wow.

Enough with the name calling please, it is not necessary. You all know better.

Justin thank you for apologizing.

Back
Top Bottom