Syria is nothing but trouble.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:
What do you know about Foreign Relations DaveC. Did you take a political Science classes, I am not really familier. Enlighten me.

History 2335 - Foreign Relations of the United States in the 20th Century and Beyond last term there, captain.

And yes, Russia was...20 years ago. How can you possibly make the correlation that Russia was meddling internationally in 1986 with an invasion of Syria?

Do you have even the slightest idea how many more millions of Muslims we'd piss off for absolutely no reason?

The people have spoken. The 2004 election was a mandate. Resolution 1441 affirms everything.

Peace

Russia was spreading the iron curtain over europe and asia. Where did you get your degree at

Russia was meddling in the middle east. Yemen is split. a portion of the country is communist thanks to Russia.

There are surely more subtle ways of acheiving those ends, things that have not been exhausted. The defection of Abdul Halim Khaddam certainly raises questions of internal stability.

We will not invade Syria or Iran. Unlike defeating a failed state (Afghanistan) and one tattered by 15 years of sanctions (Iraq), Syria and Iran are organized enough to create, at least, a more drawn out conflict. Our military is also pretty much as stretched out as it gets right now, so they don't exactly have the room (or budget, for that matter) to start a four-front "war on terror."

In terms of Iran, a matter of patience could yield a rather liberal government in a generation or two. The best course of action in Iran, probably, is to lob a few missiles at their nuclear facilities if the UN determines that Iran is a nuclear weapons threat. Israel did this to Iraq in 1981.

Syria would probably fall quicker than Iran, considering that even Israel's military capability dwarfs that of Syria, but again, unless you're interested in another protracted and expensive insurgency, it would probably be best to leave Syria alone, while continuing to keep an eye on it and continuing to freeze assets of likely offenders.

Melon

Justin24 said:
Russia was spreading the iron curtain over europe and asia. Where did you get your degree at

Nowhere. I'm in my second year of university.

I actually passed ninth grade Social Studies.

The Warsaw Pact has jackshit all to do with any of this.

And Yemen isn't half-communist. It was at one point, but that was more a result of Nasserism than influence from the USSR.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and prove it."

financeguy said:

Indeed, and I also love the way 'we' is used in this thread as if in automatic assumption that EVERYONE that posts on this form is a US citizen.

Have I been missing something all these years and are U2 actually a band from one of the towns called Dublin in the USA?

There's a Dublin, GA...real shit-hole, no offense...there's a Dublin Ohio too, right near Columbus, my uncle lived there. Go buckeyes!!!

There's also a Lebanon, Georgia and a Lebanon, Ohio (yeah those are the only 2 states I know anything about really)....I'm starting to see a connection honestly. :shifty:

As much as I believe in defending the Lebanons of the world, I think a war in Syria could get a tad messy and all. Just a thought :shrug:

ps- Sovereignty means absolutely nothing in my expert opinion :wink:

Justin24 said:
Yemen is split.

Looked at a recent atlas? As in one printed after 1990?

Yet again, you prove you haven't a damn clue. Learn the facts before you open your mouth.

Axver said:
Looked at a recent atlas? As in one printed after 1990?

Hehe...that's the first thing I thought of when he talked about a split Yemen. :wink:

Melon

first off I am not twelve and the souther part of yemen is communist, thanks to a yemenes person I have worked with. So your questioning my intelligence.
The only reason you all may know a little more than me is because your rich parents pay for all your shit. You probably have never been to a third world country, the farthest you people may have travelled is mexico or canada. You people are the stupid ones who ask do you speak Guatemalan??

Even with the maps revised dosent mean russias effect on that country is still not felt.

VertigoGal said:

ps- Sovereignty means absolutely nothing in my expert opinion :wink:

Yeah. Fuck 'em! We'll go into any country we want and install any damn government we want! GO USA!!

Thank God other countries don't share your expert opinion, or the US would have been fucked a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Justin24 said:
first off I am not twelve and the souther part of yemen is communist, thanks to a yemenes person I have worked with. So your questioning my intelligence.
The only reason you all may know a little more than me is because your rich parents pay for all your shit. You probably have never been to a third world country, the farthest you people may have travelled is mexico or canada. You people are the stupid ones who ask do you speak Guatemalan??

:crack:

Hey you guys, are his posts always this articulate?

I could have sworn that the palestines recently knocked down a border wall along egypt.`Isnt that an invasion?? Shit I were the egyptian govt. I would take the Gaza strip.

Back
Top Bottom