Sydney Morning Herald: Napalm used by the coalition...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:

Meegan....

The napalm was used according to all that I have read.....after being bombed. There were reports of troops, artillary troops, being moved into postions where they could use chemical weapons. This was an artillary postion. If we hit a postion that had chemcial weapons, napalm might be used to clear out the chemicals/biological or whatever. It would save American soldiers lives to use it rather than risk any accidental exposure.

Do you have a link to an article that mentions the possibility of chemical weapons being stored at Safwan Hill? The Sydney Morning Herald article doesn't mention it at all.

NO....but....i have links to articles mentioning that we had intelligence that there were artillary units potentially armed with chemical weapons.

From reading the Sydney article, it was artillary they were firing from Safwan Hill. I am making an assumption and a connection here. I said in my earlier pure speculation on my part, but if they had put missles on warheads that had chemicals, napalm may very well be the way of cleaning it up.

Dreadsox said:
No there are no indications that there were civilians there.

Would it surprise anyone to find out that Iraq was using Napalm?

Anyone?

Using weapons off this babaric kind to find weapons off massdestruction ? Can Iraq use chemical weapons on alied soldiers now ? I guess that there are no girl scouts in the army.

Rono, I guess it would be better to expose soldiers to chemical and biological agents, RIGHT?

Dreadsox said:
Rono, I guess it would be better to expose soldiers to chemical and biological agents, RIGHT?
No, but if i would support a army i only can hope they will use normal weapens because i want to believe in a moral better army.

BTW, gasmasks wont protect soldiers agianst napalm.

Rono said:

Using weapons off this babaric kind to find weapons off massdestruction ?

Is there a weapon that isn't barbaric? Violence, in any degree, by its very nature is barbaric. Maybe some of the non-lethal weapons?

Of course violence has to be used sometimes in order to protect one's family, freedom, and human rights. But it's still a barbaric solution, no matter the justification.

Hence, the idea that "War is a failure", idelogically at least- even if it sometimes is necessary.

I'm all for a strong military force used wisely and morally, because it is still necessary at this time in humanity's timeline, but I still hold by the belief that fear, hate, and evil ultimately can only be conquered by love and grace.

elfyx

Rono said:

Using weapons off this babaric kind to find weapons off massdestruction ? Can Iraq use chemical weapons on alied soldiers now ? I guess that there are no girl scouts in the army.

Is there a humane way to kill someone in war?

elfyx said:

Is there a weapon that isn't barbaric? Violence, in any degree, by its very nature is barbaric. Maybe some of the non-lethal weapons?

Of course violence has to be used sometimes in order to protect one's family, freedom, and human rights. But it's still a barbaric solution, no matter the justification.

Hence, the idea that "War is a failure", idelogically at least- even if it sometimes is necessary.

I'm all for a strong military force used wisely and morally, because it is still necessary at this time in humanity's timeline, but I still hold by the belief that fear, hate, and evil ultimately can only be conquered by love and grace.

elfyx
But there is no reason to use that kind off weapons , except for pestcontrol. But hey, if someone think that iraq soldiers are not more than insects,......

atrocious. im glad we all get to die. we all deserve to die, when this is the way we CHOSE to spend our time on earth.

Last edited:
Scarletwine said:
OMG, that is terrible. I thought we were not barbarians, but liberators. No wonder there will be bodies. They will have been incinerated.

The Pentagon has reported only a few Iraqi soldiers dead in the outward movements to Bagdad.

scarlet wine...I'm confused...and I'm not trying to be condescending when I say this

It's a war...did you really expect any different? they had a chance to surrender they took an offensive posture and were destroyed...had tehy had the oppurtunity they would have killed the US troops in a similar fashion....soldiers have taken that risk with their lives.

Back
Top Bottom