Swedish minister dies after being stabbed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
From the BBC website:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3098834.stm

Swedish minister dies after stabbing

Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh has died in hospital from stab wounds inflicted while she was shopping in a Stockholm department store.

Unfortunately, this wasn't the first killing in Swedish history. A similar case happened in the mid-Eighties.

Her killing stirred memories of the murder of Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme, who was shot in the back as he walked home from the cinema with his son and his wife in 1986.

His murder has never been properly explained.

I also had to think about the murder last year of a Dutch politician, less than 2 weeks before elections. What is going on in this world?

:sad:

Marty

Popmartijn said:
What is going on in this world?

:sad:

Marty

It reminds me of the quote from Cool Hand Luke, "What we've got here is, failure to communicate. What one man wants, he gets, I don't like it anymore than you do."

People have stopped trying to communicate. There are those that believe a car bomb will spread the word faster than a sermon, that a missile will get their point across, a gun will get them to believe the way you do. We're becoming more and more disconnected from each other. You can see it everywhere.

Well said

BonoVoxSupastar said:

People have stopped trying to communicate. There are those that believe a car bomb will spread the word faster than a sermon, that a missile will get their point across, a gun will get them to believe the way you do. We're becoming more and more disconnected from each other. You can see it everywhere.

I was reading about this online too - I dont understand why someone had to do this.

Condolences to her family and loved ones.
Do we know yet the motive?( maybe we never will) She had been promoting conversion to the Euro for the upcoming referendum. Surely that isn't something to incite murder.
What really upset me last night ( well one of the things) watching this news report on TV, was the footage of her with a group of her "fellow" politicians. What was wrong with this picture? She was one of only two women there, the rest were suits. Women like her are brave and struggle to reach such positions...every life is valuable, hers more so I feel.
:(
RIP beautiful girl

:mad: it's so senseless it makes me angry! What a coward, whoever it was! it did take alot of courage on her part 2 take such a public position. Really sad:( RIP

Re: Re: Swedish minister dies after being stabbed

BonoVoxSupastar said:
It reminds me of the quote from Cool Hand Luke, "What we've got here is, failure to communicate. What one man wants, he gets, I don't like it anymore than you do."

Yep, I am now officially depressed. :(. It's just so horrible that our world's gotten to this point. :tsk:. What in the hell is wrong with people?

That's horrible to hear that about this girl. My condolances to her family and friends.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom