Suspect Arrested in JonBenet Ramsey case - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2006, 11:04 AM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
There's one thing that bothers me about this....and it relates to OJ Simpson.

O.J. Simpson has maintained his innocence since his trial and acquittal yet he's also lived under suspicion and he's been the butt of jokes for years....EVERYONE thinks he did it.

In light of Ramsey news, could it be totally possible that O.J. IS innocent after all? Could it be that the real killer is still out there?

What do you think?
http://www.sportspickle.com/features...2-1113-oj.html
(Fake article in case anyone misses that.)

The DNA on the underwear was convincing. They confirmed it wasn't from the family.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
He is a child molester and unless is story is verifiable with the facts of the case, he might be just another wacko looking for attention.
I'm starting to think that, too. CNN.com this morning has blurbs saying "he was with her when she died," and right below it there's a headline saying his ex-wife says he was in Alabama that night.

Someone's lying.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:24 AM   #18
JCR
The Fly

Location: Higley, Arizona (it's a chunk of land in Gilbert AZ)
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
Is it just me or does having the murder suspect sitting at a press conference and answering questions from the press and making public statements seem incredibly bizarre?

Umm, this guy hasn't been proven guilty either and a confession doesn't mean he did either. He is a child molester and unless is story is verifiable with the facts of the case, he might be just another wacko looking for attention.
Ummm, nope trevster, it's not just you, I was going to say the same thing. I'll wait for the DNA tests thank you. THey better keep Dennis Fung out of it!

As for the OJ aspect, I read every book on the case (okay, maybe I got a little obsessive, but hey what's a stay-at-home mom to do? Plus, Orenthal James was my favorite football player--GO Bills!) and for what it's worth (shit) it is my personal determination that the son did it.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:05 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm not sure it was this guy. It seems suspect to me.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

The media spent 10 years blaming the parents and last night they immediately jumped into blaming this guy. I wouldn't be shocked if they were guilty on both accounts.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:51 AM
The media sucks period. Especially if a person is innocent but think he is guilty, that person will be hounded by the press. I wonder if the Father of Jon Bennet Ramsey could sue the media for Defimation??
Old 08-17-2006, 12:54 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
I wonder if the Father of Jon Bennet Ramsey could sue the media for Defimation??
Probably not since he was considered a top suspect for a long time. The police had good reason to consider him a suspect (it's rare that strangers do things like this), but the media doesn't seem to understand that a "suspect" is not the same as someone convicted.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I am afraid to hear the rest of this story. Was Jon Bennet the only one in ten years that he murdered. It sounds horrible but I hope so, I hope that she was the only one.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

i dunno, i always thought the parents should be murdered for what they did to that child

Old 08-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

I always thought the parents did something and yes what they made her do was disgusting.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:39 PM   #26
JCR
The Fly

Location: Higley, Arizona (it's a chunk of land in Gilbert AZ)
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
The media sucks period. Especially if a person is innocent but think he is guilty, that person will be hounded by the press. I wonder if the Father of Jon Bennet Ramsey could sue the media for Defimation??
Heeeeeeeyyyy! Don't be dissin' my former profession! (No, that's okay, you have your 1st amendment right and you're right that there are elements of journalism that suck and deserving of criticism.
Let me try to answer your question about defamation. (My mate's a prof. of mass media law--and american pop culture at ASU, so I can get quality info).
there are a number of case law in this area, the Sam Sheppard case comes to mind...some of you may remember Dr. Sam Sheppard who was accused of killing his wife, was pretty much tried in the press before being found wrongfully convicted. The press hounded the man and made fun of Sheppard's description of a "bushy haired intruder" killing his wife that he chased down the beach, but he got away. Anyway, poor SHeppard gets convicted and spends 12 years in prison before being granted another trial by the Supreme court due to press saturation coverage. Sam gets acqutted in the second trial...but he doesn't sue the state or any of the newspapers. (He wasn't the best specimen of health after all he'd been through.) His son to this day is trying to get his father's record expunged.
As far as Ramsey is concerned, he could sue for defamation if he wanted to but he would have to sue one publication at a time for specific passages. He would have to prove actual malice; that is, knowledge of falsity or reckless disregard for the truth. So the press is pretty well covered here because they'll just say they thought it was the truth at the time.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

A former journalist, eh? I'm about to become one.

A former journalist that is.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:48 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

^ why? what's going on? everything okay?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

It's time to move on. It's gotten to the point where I'm just bored with it. It's been fun, but it's been six years. I've started my own PR company on the side, so I'm hoping to land a job in PR soon, to help me get some experience in that field, then I'll do my own thing. That's the goal for now. Plus, the money sucks in journalism. That is, unless you make up the news or make fun of it. : )

BTW, thanks for asking. How are you?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:13 PM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

doing well -- getting to do more writing and actual producing, so small steps in the right direction.