Supreme Court Vacancy - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
That's not my hope; speak for yourself (and 99 percent of FYM).

But this 1 percenter is glad to see the opportunity to replace O'Connor.
You know, it isn't even abortion that I'm worried about. It's all the baggage that goes along with those kinds of judges, and I think that many in that "1%" would be happy to see America turn into Iran, just so they could get rid of abortion. And the funny thing is? It still wouldn't stop many people from taking a trip across the border one day and still having one.

Melon
__________________

__________________
melon is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:43 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon


I think that many in that "1%" would be happy to see America turn into Iran, just so they could get rid of abortion.
Yeah, right, melon. No way.
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:44 AM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 07:41 PM
I admire her because I think she was honestly not adhearing to any ideology in particular. She looked at the issues on an issue by issue basis.....I think her record deomonstrates this.

That is what I hope for in a new justice.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:52 AM   #34
pax
ONE
love, blood, life
 
pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ewen's new American home
Posts: 11,412
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I admire her because I think she was honestly not adhearing to any ideology in particular. She looked at the issues on an issue by issue basis.....I think her record deomonstrates this.

That is what I hope for in a new justice.
I think that's something we can all agree on.
__________________
and you hunger for the time
time to heal, desire, time


Join Amnesty.
pax is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:57 AM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


Yeah, right, melon. No way.


i wonder if those -- not necessarily you, 80s -- who care so much about abortion would even notice if we were to turn into a Christian version of Iran along to way to banning abortion.

secularism ... secularism ... secularism ...

nuclear arms in the hands of a theocracy is never a good idea.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:57 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict
 
redkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: racing to the waterside
Posts: 19,620
Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


That's not my hope; speak for yourself (and 99 percent of FYM).

But this 1 percenter is glad to see the opportunity to replace O'Connor.

Plus, this thread needed a dissenting voice.
I was wondering where the dissenting opinions where?

She was fair and a moderate something our government is sorely lacking these days. I'm not looking for leftists to take over but this country is losing it's balance. We need more moderates in washington.
__________________
redkat is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 10:03 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
VertigoGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: I'm never alone (I'm alone all the time)
Posts: 9,860
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


That's not my hope; speak for yourself (and 99 percent of FYM).

But this 1 percenter is glad to see the opportunity to replace O'Connor.

Plus, this thread needed a dissenting voice.
you don't hope for a reasonable conservative? okay...

I agree with what Dreadsox said.
__________________
VertigoGal is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 10:06 AM   #38
War Child
 
MaxFisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 776
Local Time: 12:41 AM
I'm a 1 percenter who certainly hopes the USA doesn't turn into Iran.
__________________
MaxFisher is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal


you don't hope for a reasonable conservative? okay...

I don't want what most people in this forum consider a "reasonable" Republican. Calling someone a "Reasonable" Republican in this forum is exactly the same as saying "Moderate" or "Liberal" Republican. What I want is a Conservative Republican, and Conservative Republicans are not considered by most in this forum to be "reasonable".
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 10:25 AM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
and Conservative Republicans are not considered by most in this forum to be "reasonable".
Certainly not the ones that Bush pick.

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 10:25 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




i wonder if those -- not necessarily you, 80s -- who care so much about abortion would even notice if we were to turn into a Christian version of Iran along to way to banning abortion.
You can stop wondering. Every conservative Christian I know would want to secede from the union if the US started to become like Iran.

And hey, I live in Texas, where it's still legal to secede.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 10:27 AM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
Every conservative Christian I know would want to secede from the union if the US started to become like Iran.
They don't want Muslims running the show, but I would find it to be a stretch if they would secede if their religion became the theocracy.

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 10:31 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon


They don't want Muslims running the show, but I would find it to be a stretch if they would secede if their religion became the theocracy.

Melon
Theocraacy = bad, even for Christians. A theocracy would try to shove religion down unwilling people's throats. None of my friends would want that.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 10:45 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


Theocraacy = bad, even for Christians. A theocracy would try to shove religion down unwilling people's throats. None of my friends would want that.
i have noted this before

What you describe as your "group of friends" is not what this Administration represents and panders to


Melon is right the one's in the driver's seat would be happy with their values imposed on others, just like the conservatives in Iran.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 04:41 PM
My question is:

Will Bush do the recess appointment of Bolton to the U N?

Will he bypass the Senate's right to "advise and consent"?


If he does this
he is even stupider than any of us could imagine.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com