Supreme Court Strikes Down Texas Sodomy Law

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jebediah Springfield: People, our search is over! On this site we shall build a new town where we can worship freely, govern justly, and grow vast fields of hemp for making rope and blankets.
Shelbyville Manhattan: Yes, _and_ marry our cousins.
JS: I was - what are you talking about, Shelbyville? Why would we want to marry our cousins?
SM: Because they're so attractive. I, I thought that was the whole point of this journey.
JS: Absolutely not!
SM: I tell you, I won't live in a town that robs men of the right to marry their cousins.
JS: Well then, we'll form our own town. Who will come and live a life devoted to chastity, abstinence and a flavorless mush I call rootmarm?

I have never heard his broadcast, but I read what he had said and it was so atrocious it makes you wonder how a network could have hired someone like this in the first place.

He should rot.

same with Ann Coutier or however you spell her name. She wrote a whole book about how she idolizes Joe McCarthy. Dumb ass bitch. Gives the rest of us smart women a bad name.

as for the sodomy case, I have a friend who is gay and lives in Houston. And spent Gay Pride Day at the NYC Gay Pride Parade. Sounds like even people in Texas support the SP ruling. If only they would not vote for Bush in the next election. Please!

Hmmm, I'm just recently hearing about Ann Coutier.

So she idolizes McCarthy, eh?

Great. :rolleyes:.

Moron.

Also heard about the whole thing with Michael Savage. That was possibly one of the stupidest things anyone could ever say. He's a moron, too.

It's nice to hear that Mrs. Cheney doesn't think the government has any right to interfere in something like this. Yay for her.

And they don't. Like stated on the first page, who really cares anyway? I truly don't need to hear about what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom. That's their business, not mine. So I'm glad to hear that Texas overturned that law.

paxetaurora said:
Nice. :grumpy:

I suppose slavery and segregation were also just "local norms," too.

Really, no kidding.

I read that Frist article a while back. Ooh, that guy pissed me off.

I also read a short article recently in the Des Moines Register about how there's some Republicans that are hoping to amend our Constitution and ban gay marriage and things along that line. That scared me. Seriously.

But I highly doubt something like that will ever be allowed.

Originally posted by najeena
Let's all hope that the Supreme Court stays on this righteous path and upholds the freedom of choice for women.

:yes:.

*Crosses fingers*

Angela

sharky said:

Originally posted by sharky:
same with Ann Coutier or however you spell her name. She wrote a whole book about how she idolizes Joe McCarthy. Dumb ass bitch.

Originally posted by ouizy:
He should rot.

originally posted by Moonlit Angel:
Hmmm, I'm just recently hearing about Ann Coutier.
So she idolizes McCarthy, eh?
Great. . moron

It's nice to see such love and "open liberal minds" here.

So, what I am to take from today's lesson is that you 3 are in support of free speech, just as long as they agree with you, right? If not, then the person's just a "moronic dumb a** bit** who should rot", right?

The most ironic thing about the above quotes is that while ouizy agrees (as I do) that Savage should be taken off the air for saying that a person should get AIDS and die, ouizy sees nothing wrong with he himself saying that a person should rot. Now that's pretty funny.

There is something to be said for free speech that doesn't cross the line into abuse and hate. I'd say Savage crossed that line. And Coulter isn't even worth talking about as she wants to rewrite history to make all people who disagree with her (essentially anyone who isn't hard-right) a "traitor". However, I myself would not call these people names. Merely feel sorry for them and choose to avoid them, boycott them or whatever.

80s-- you can agree with Coulter if you want. But the fact that she supports McCarthyism is actually ANTI-speech. Saying I am against that is free speech. McCarthy didn't persecute everyone -- just the people that spoke out against him until enough people took a stand and censured him.

80s,

Ann has gone over the edge.

I heard her say that because we are in a time of war. i. e. War on Terror. If anybody speaks against the War they are committing treason and should be brought up on charges.:coocoo:

Savage is despicable in my book. Thanks to clear channel he is still on several hundred talk stations spreading hate.

There is a big difference between what someone might post in this thread and being on international TV or radio.

Repeat offenders that cross the line are disciplined in this forum.

call me a hypocrite if you wish, but I do see a difference between Mr. Savage (who was a personality being paid a lot of money to be on MSNBC) telling a homosexual man he should get aids and die because of the sexual acts he chooses to perform in the privacy of his own home, and me saying that said Mr. Savage should rot.

I say he should rot for his actions, which I believe have nothing to do with free speech, but rather attacking a caller while he is on the job.

I do not think attacking his callers and telling them to die is part of his contract. That to me is not free speech.

He should rot.

sharky said:
80s-- you can agree with Coulter if you want. But the fact that she supports McCarthyism is actually ANTI-speech. Saying I am against that is free speech. McCarthy didn't persecute everyone -- just the people that spoke out against him until enough people took a stand and censured him.
I never said I support Coulter's stand on this. Nice of you to read that into it, however. I'm sure that somewhere out there is someone who didn't understand my post and needed you to interpret it for them. Thank you. Your service to mankind is duly noted.

Fact is I've never read that book or any book by her. I was responding to the incredibly articulate way in which you voiced your disagreement with her; IE: "Dumb a** bit**"

80sU2isBest said:
It's nice to see such love and "open liberal minds" here.

So, what I am to take from today's lesson is that you 3 are in support of free speech, just as long as they agree with you, right? If not, then the person's just a "moronic dumb a** bit** who should rot", right?

The most ironic thing about the above quotes is that while ouizy agrees (as I do) that Savage should be taken off the air for saying that a person should get AIDS and die, ouizy sees nothing wrong with he himself saying that a person should rot. Now that's pretty funny.

Personally, while I think Savage's comment was really rude and cruel, I do feel he still should have the right to say what he want. Same with Ann Coultier.

I certainly don't expect everyone in this world to agree with me. If I talked to those two, I'd present my arguments, and if they changed their minds and agreed with me, great, but if they didn't, fine, that's their choice-they have the right to believe this stuff if they wish.

I personally feel that their comments were moronic, but then again, they'd probably say the same thing about my comments on these types of issues. My calling their views moronic doesn't automatically mean I want them silenced. I'd hate it if they silenced me, so I will not do the same to them.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom