Super Tuesday: place yer bets here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar,

"#1 You're right they've seen an increase under his watch but they've also seen cuts during wartime. Inconsistent at best."

If you look at overall spending on pay for the past 3 years by the Bush administration, the increases have been huge and overwhelm any temporory decrease in "combat pay" which amounts to a tiny fraction of total pay and benefits, which Bush has been increasing at rates not seen in years.

When it comes to pay, weapons and training for our troops, Bush wins out on this issue every time against Kerry who has often opposed such funding in the past.

joyfulgirl,

"Bush is extremely despised here and everyone is voting for the candidate they think can beat Bush, period."

Remember, Democratic Presidential Primary's are not a reflection of the actual Presidential election. Republicans and many independents do not vote in them. Of course all the people are angry and want Bush gone, most are loyal Democrats voting in a Democratic Primary.

STING2 said:
joyfulgirl,

"Bush is extremely despised here and everyone is voting for the candidate they think can beat Bush, period."

Remember, Democratic Presidential Primary's are not a reflection of the actual Presidential election. Republicans and many independents do not vote in them. Of course all the people are angry and want Bush gone, most are loyal Democrats voting in a Democratic Primary.

I am aware that this was a Democratic caucus where only registered Democrats could vote. What I meant is that there is much more unity among Democrats here in putting aside their particular issues with each of the candidates and are voting for the person they think can beat Bush. Not only that, but every single person I know without exception who was not a registered Democrat, and who typically votes Independent or Green, changed their party status so that they could vote for Kerry in this caucus even if they preferred Dean, Kucinich or Clark.

BonoVoxSupastar,

The fact that Kerry voted against modern Weapon systems currently in use by US soldiers that have helped to win battles more quickly and with less loss of life is what means a lot to me and many other voters.

I do not feel a technical issue do to a small amount of pay, most likely as a result of the Defense Department balancing the books for a particular time period, to be more important than what the soldiers actually recieved in total at the end of the year.

STING2 said:
BonoVoxSupastar,

I do not feel a technical issue do to a small amount of pay, most likely as a result of the Defense Department balancing the books for a particular time period, to be more important than what the soldiers actually recieved in total at the end of the year.

I guess that's what Bush can tell the wives and widows of those in Iraq and Afghanistan, it was just a technical issue.

Kerry has one thing for him....Vietnam. No one will challenge him on this.

Kerry voted for the war for one reason and one reason only.....

He was running for President. He did not vote for war in 1990 when Saddam invaded another nation. Please....if there was clear evidence in 1990, how the heck could he have not voted for it.

Last Poll I saw showed 65% of Americans supported the war in Iraq. Americans=Democrats, Independants, Republicans, and whatever other party you decide.

Now, Kerry may be the most electable Democrat standing there, but that does not mean he is going to defeat this president.

Kerry has NO legislative record to stand on.

[Q]Kerry has been the lead sponsor of eight bills that have become law.

*Two are related to his work on the Senate panel on oceans and fisheries - a 1994 law to protect marine mammals from being taken during commercial fishing and a 1991 measure for the National Sea Grant College Program Act, which finances marine research.
*In 1999, President Clinton signed his bill providing grants to support small businesses owned by women.
*The rest of the laws he saw passed were ceremonial - renaming a federal building, designating Vietnam Veterans Memorial 10th Anniversary Day, National POW/MIA Recognition Day and World Population Awareness Week in two separate years.[/Q]

19 Years in the Senate and these are the Major Pieces of Legislation that he sponsored that PAssed.

He has a 19 year voting record, which will lead most centrist , minded voters to lean away from him.

This is barring any unforseen blunders....ie investigations....ie findings that the administration faked us all out.

Of course...what do I know...LOL

Last edited:
I am shocked that Kerry is doing so well after being written off by the press, Democratic big shots, and everyone else. This is not what I expected. There's got to be some reason all of these people are voting for the guy. It's not like they don't have a choice.

The voters are telling the pollsters that they really think Kerry is the most electable Democrat, rather than the one they agree on the issues the most. They like Clark better on the issues. Of course I'm biased geographically but Edwards might be more electable, I don't know. I don't give a damn where someone was born. These are Democratic party activists, many of whom opposed the war. Kerry voted for this war but against Desert Storm. His military background might help him with that.

Back
Top Bottom