Super Tuesday: Edwards or Kerry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The age of Electronicly faked elections with suspicious power outages....ooohhhh......heaven help us if our guy does not win....:madspit:

Mwwwwaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ouch that hurt my new kidney stone.

I've expressed my disappointment that Edwards has dropped out of the race in another thread, so I won't rehash that again.

What I DO want to mention is that from what I saw today, people were very interested in voting in the primary. I'm in New York, and my library is usually a polling place. This year, extensive renovations got the polling place moved to a nearby school. We received several calls asking if voting was taking place at the library, as well as one very nice call from a woman who wanted to know where to find more information on Kerry & Edwards' platforms (I suggested their websites). I also spoke to a couple of people who had already voted, and they were happy to have had the opportunity to have their say.

I think us Democrats can't WAIT to hit our polling places in November!!!

And just one more thought about Edwards...when things looked bleak for his campaign before Iowa, I just wished to have the chance to vote for him in the New York primary. And I'm still glad I got that chance, even if not enough people agreed that he was the best man for the nomination.

Last edited:
Diane L said:

I think us Democrats can't WAIT to hit our polling places in November!!!

Damn straight. The first step is almost over. We have our man now. Let Operation ABB begin!

(And hey, did you hear Sen Nice Guy's speech congratulating Kerry? Sounded to me like Edwards might still be running for VP, which means I get to see him debate Cheney. :hyper: )

sd

I think that a Kerry/Edwards ticket will be incredibly formidable, and I think that if this doesn't beat Bush, then we can, at least, say that we did our best.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. We still don't know if they will match up or not.

Melon

Except if Bush chooses a different running mate--not impossible. I read someplace that there are whispers in the trees of Bush trading Cheney in for a new model--say, one who has a name that ends in "i", begins with "G," and has an "iulian" in the middle. :sexywink:

paxetaurora said:
Except if Bush chooses a different running mate--not impossible. I read someplace that there are whispers in the trees of Bush trading Cheney in for a new model--say, one who has a name that ends in "i", begins with "G," and has an "iulian" in the middle. :sexywink:

His past support for gay rights as NYC mayor is Giuliani's greatest liability, which is why it looks like he wouldn't be chosen anyway.

And if Giuliani did accept, I would lose all respect for him.

Melon

For Verte, Martha, Melon and Diane :D :laugh:

20040303.gif

ThatGuy said:
They moved my polling place (to somewhere farther away, but I digress) to a place that didn't even have punch-card voting machines. Intead I had to mark my choices with a pencil. I'm reading all of these news stories about people in California voting with these fancy touch screen voting machines, and I'm using a freakin' pencil.

:tsk: Even KENTUCKY has electronic voting. They've had it for several years, though, probably because Kentucky historically has had a problem with dead people voting and living people 'voting early and voting often.' :up:

I was talking to my Sri Lankan flatmate who was telling me about how people there stand outside the polls and will go in and vote for you if you don't want to vote. I want that job. ;)

We still have paper and pencil balloting in Alabama. No computer glitches. I have yet to hear of a huge stink about this, or indeed complaints at all.

Sounded to me like Edwards might still be running for VP, which means I get to see him debate Cheney.

Though Edwards is an outstander debator, he may have trouble debating against Cheney's experience in foreign policy. Hopefully, Kerry (who is on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee) can coach him well on these matters before that debate.

There's news that Kerry may choose a running mate far sooner than expected. I hope it's Edwards--I would hate to see Edwards' supporters holding out on their votes on Election Day.

Toles's cartoon? :lmao: :lmao: <thinks- must get print-out>

Thanks, Sherry!

Diane L :wave: to another NY'er/u2 fan & Dem {or Independnet?}

I didn't get home to vote till 8:30 and I still hadn't made up my mind. I'd talked with my sis the night bfore and had said my politic's are closer to Kuscinich's ...but i'd choose between K or E most likely {electibility and they *do* have important differences than the shrub}

IN NYS *first time*we're dividing up our delegates by rank.... vs winner takes all -previously.

By 830I'd heard K had major lead aND HAD ALSO READ kcH HAD ONLY 10 DELEGAtes. I felt DK was so far behind in delegates that voting for him was kind of nil. So I did vote for E because he talked about poverty, & was a trial lawywer ojnn the little people's side!

ps my sis voted for DK

Back
Top Bottom