Super scary (to me) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2002, 01:18 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

I sincerely doubt that alternative medicine would ever go up against a smallpox infection and win, nor would I ever be daring enough to test the theory.

Melon
I have seen it go up against ms and final stage AIDS and cancer and WIN. You just don't hear about it in the news because it's too threatening to the medical/pharmaceutical industry. But even though I say I wouldn't have a vaccination, I guess the truth is that 'never say never' because when truly threatened with something serious, I guess I honestly don't know for sure what path I would take.

Last year every one in my office got a flu shot except me and every single one of them not only got a bad bout of the flu but were sick repeatedly throughout the year--colds, bronchitis, etc.--and each time they took more antibiotics, which weakened their immune systems further. I was the only one who didn't even get a sniffle all year (knock on wood). Of course, the flu is different than smallpox, but I have seen miracles with alternative health and repeated horrors with allopathic treatments and the former is always my first choice.

Old 12-12-2002, 01:24 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I have seen it go up against ms and final stage AIDS and cancer and WIN. You just don't hear about it in the news because it's too threatening to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
I would really be interested in what you have to say about this. If you could elaborate, I would be a captive audience.

Quote:
Last year every one in my office got a flu shot except me and every single one of them not only got a bad bout of the flu but were sick repeatedly throughout the year--colds, bronchitis, etc.--and each time they took more antibiotics, which weakened their immune systems further.
I'm the same way, although I wouldn't say that antibiotics weaken their systems further necessarily. I would argue that the antibiotics were merely a placebo--in fact, considering the reality that all those aforementioned illnesses are viral, I'm positive. My vitamin regiment has kept me healthy, while others have been sick in the past.

Melon

Old 12-12-2002, 02:21 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:06 PM
melon, there is so much information out there it's hard to know where to begin. There are also so many different approaches--often they contradict one another but if you follow one program, it works. If you mix it up with another, it doesn't. But here are some starting points.

In the underground alternative health scene, for the do-it-yourself approach, this guy is famous:

www.sambiser.com

But for your particular mind which I am guessing would require more than anecdotal information, I would recommend these sites:

www.biomedicsinstitute.com A clinic in Tijuana, Mexcio (which for some reason seems to have a large number of pretty well-respected alternative health clinics). They use a blend of mostly alternative therapies with a smaller proportion of traditional therapies with a very high success rate--I believe it's around 60-80% of cancer patients achieve 100% remission--using hyperthermia and low-dose radiation, along with massive amounts of intravenous injections of nutrients. A friend of mine with an autoimmune disease used to work for them and still goes there once a year for injections for maintenance. His recovery has been miraculous.

www.paracelsus.ch/e/index.htm A clinic in Switzerland that a friend of mine is involved with with a completely different approach, focusing on dental work and biological medicine. Her whole family went there for various treatments with amazing results. I attended an all-day seminar here and it was absolutely fascinating. It is run by a traditionally trained allopathic physician who turned to alternative health. The American companion site is www.marionfoundation.org.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:50 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm the same way, although I wouldn't say that antibiotics weaken their systems further necessarily. I would argue that the antibiotics were merely a placebo--in fact, considering the reality that all those aforementioned illnesses are viral, I'm positive.
Not necessarily. It's possible that they were bacterial infections, but the particular strains had acquired resistance markers through horizontal transfer.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:34 PM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I haven't even touched prescription meds or antibiotics in 15 years.

This vaccine is a joke...and convincing the Americacn public that it's a good idea is a joke.
If the vaccine was created today, it would not even be allowed as a vaccine, that's enough right there for me to not want it.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:09 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkysgrrrl
This vaccine is a joke...and convincing the Americacn public that it's a good idea is a joke.
If the vaccine was created today, it would not even be allowed as a vaccine, that's enough right there for me to not want it.
Really?

The small pox vaccine was developed over 200 years ago. Small pox was declared erradicated in 1980. Apparently, they didn't check with Iraq.

You are probably more at risk walking down the sidewalk.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:15 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:06 PM
Quote:

Even I enjoy alternative/natural medicine, but I would never tempt fate by not getting my vaccinations. I have never received a reaction to any of the vaccines I have received (I've even gotten the meningitis vaccine), and, as long as I feel healthy at the moment in time, I would not fear the smallpox vaccine either. I sincerely doubt that alternative medicine would ever go up against a smallpox infection and win, nor would I ever be daring enough to test the theory.

Melon
I got the menngitis injection and it was fine we all had to get it here if you were at school 2 years ago

I seen clips on the news when they said everyone in the britain and n.ireland were getting the small pox vaccines and it was of a nurse with this massive contraption and a big line of people and she just put it up to their arms and they all walked along- so if they could do it then im sure theres nothing wrong with everyone getting it nowadays
Old 12-12-2002, 08:16 PM   #23
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:06 AM
Fascinating. I dont think I have ever witnessed an intelligent debate over the negatives of vaccinations!
When I was young, my mum did the vaccines so I could go to pre-school and school. I had measles, german measles, chicken pox and mumps vaccines. A while later, I got mumps anyway. 2 years after it, I was diagnosed with diabetes. T'was blamed on the mumps. These vaccines may do harm to an immune system, but what these actual diseases can do can be far far worse.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:19 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I already had the small pox vaccination (goodness, Iím that old) and my arm still works. Who else has received one?
Well, I guess I am old too!!!!!

I received the vaccination as a child. I have the scars to prove it. I was kind of hoping I received one when I entered the military, or during Desert Storm, but I am pretty sure that I did not.

Having seen the pictures in boot camp of the effects of Biologocal Weapons during my training, I am very concerned about the current world stituation. The pictures are enough to give nightmares.

Strange enough, I received an email from a parental unit yesterday telling me that I was very, very ill from my small pox shot as a child. I guess I had lesions, allergies to foods, high fevers, and something to do with alergies to chemicals. I am curious about the chemical thing because I am hypersensative to chemcials and smells to this very day. Supposedly I was sick for 18months after the shot.

That being said, I am not worried about myself so much as my children inheriting my reaction to the shot.

Peace