Sunday Dispatch Megathread - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2015, 11:28 AM   #451
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:08 AM
Sunday Dispatch.724

Sunday Dispatch.724

And the cards are no good that you’re holding
Unless they’re from another world

~ Bob Dylan

Old 07-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #452
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.725

Sunday Dispatch.725

The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It’s our handle on what we can’t see.

~ Hebrews 11:1

Old 08-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #453
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.726

Sunday Dispatch.726

“Being in a hurry. Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me. I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing.... Through all that haste I thought I was making up time. It turns out I was throwing it away.”

~ Ann Voskamp
Old 08-09-2015, 07:34 PM   #454
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.727

Sunday Dispatch.727

Jesus called the crowd together again and said, “Listen now, all of you—take this to heart. It’s not what you swallow that pollutes your life; it’s what you vomit—that’s the real pollution.”

When he was back home after being with the crowd, his disciples said, “We don’t get it. Put it in plain language.”

Jesus said, “Are you being willfully stupid? Don’t you see that what you swallow can’t contaminate you? It doesn’t enter your heart but your stomach, works its way through the intestines, and is finally flushed.” (That took care of dietary quibbling; Jesus was saying that all foods are fit to eat.)

He went on: “It’s what comes out of a person that pollutes: obscenities, lusts, thefts, murders, adulteries, greed, depravity, deceptive dealings, carousing, mean looks, slander, arrogance, foolishness—all these are vomit from the heart. There is the source of your pollution.”

~ Mark 7:14-23 (The Message)
Old 08-16-2015, 06:44 PM   #455
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.728

Sunday Dispatch.728

A man walked into a gift shop that sold religious items.

Near the cash register he saw a display of caps with "WWJD" printed on all of them. He was puzzled over what the letters could mean, but couldn't figure it out, so he asked the clerk.

The clerk replied that the letters stood for "What Would Jesus Do," and was meant to inspire people to not make rash decisions, but rather to imagine what Jesus would do in the same situation.

The man thought a moment and then replied, "Well, I'm sure Jesus wouldn't pay $19.95 for one of these caps."

~Unknown
Old 08-23-2015, 11:03 AM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.729

Sunday Dispatch.729

“All the persons of faith I know are sinners, doubters, uneven performers. We are secure not because we are sure of ourselves but because we trust that God is sure of us.”

~ Eugene H. Peterson
Old 08-30-2015, 01:33 PM   #457
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.730

Sunday Dispatch.730

“God is not disillusioned with us. He never had any illusions to begin with.”

~ Luis Palau
Old 09-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #458
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.731

Sunday Dispatch.731

I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy. He listened so intently as I laid out my case before him. Death stared me in the face, hell was hard on my heels. Up against it, I didn’t know which way to turn; then I called out to God for help: “Please, God!” I cried out. “Save my life!” God is gracious—it is he who makes things right, our most compassionate God. God takes the side of the helpless; when I was at the end of my rope, he saved me.

~ Psalm 116:1-2 (The Message)
Old 09-13-2015, 09:27 PM   #459
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.732

Sunday Dispatch.732

“Science fiction is the result of mankind’s God-given sense of adventure, wonder, creativity, and imagination. It emerges from being made in God’s image.”

~ Randy Alcorn
Old 09-20-2015, 11:25 AM   #460
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.733

Sunday Dispatch.733

Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.

Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.

Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they’re happy; share tears when they’re down. Get along with each other; don’t be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don’t be the great somebody.

Don’t hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you’ve got it in you, get along with everybody. Don’t insist on getting even; that’s not for you to do. “I’ll do the judging,” says God. “I’ll take care of it.”

Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he’s thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness. Don’t let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good.

~ Romans 12:9-21 (The Message)
Old 09-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #461
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.734

Sunday Dispatch.734

Christianity is the story of how the rightful King has landed, you might say in disguise, and is calling us all to take part in His great campaign of sabotage.

~ C.S. Lewis
Old 10-04-2015, 12:44 PM   #462
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.735

Sunday Dispatch.735

I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.

~ Philippians 3:14 (The Message)
Old 10-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #463
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.736

Sunday Dispatch.736

“Once you realize that Jesus died on the cross and forgave you of your sins, you’re like, ‘Wow, somebody did that for me!’ It’s pretty crazy to know that someone died for us — yet we’re all sinners! I’ve done so many things and asked for his forgiveness. But even today, I know I’m still going to fall short in certain ways. I’m still a work in progress.”

~ Reginald Quincy "Fieldy" Arvizu, bassist for the band KoЯn
Old 10-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #464
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.737

Sunday Dispatch.737

Christ Holds It All Together

We look at this Son and see the God who cannot be seen. We look at this Son and see God’s original purpose in everything created. For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels—everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him.

He was there before any of it came into existence and holds it all together right up to this moment. And when it comes to the church, he organizes and holds it together, like a head does a body.

He was supreme in the beginning and—leading the resurrection parade—he is supreme in the end. From beginning to end he’s there, towering far above everything, everyone. So spacious is he, so roomy, that everything of God finds its proper place in him without crowding.

Not only that, but all the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe—people and things, animals and atoms—get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of his death, his blood that poured down from the cross.

~ Colossians 1:1-20 (The Message)
Old 10-25-2015, 07:09 PM   #465
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sunday Dispatch.738

Sunday Dispatch.738

In a word, we may reasonably hope for the virtual abolition of education when I'm as good as you have fully had its way. All incentives to learn and all penalties for not learning will vanish.

The few who might want to learn will be prevented; who are they to overtop their fellows? And anyway the teachers--or should I say, nurses?--will be far too busy reassuring the dunces and patting them on the back to waste any time on real teaching.

We shall no longer have to plan and toil to spread imperturbable conceit and incurable ignorance among men. The little vermin themselves will do it for us.

~ C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters