Suicide bombing in Uzbekistan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Today in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, the Central Asian nation's capital, three people were killed in suicide bombings. One bombing took place at the U.S. Embassy and the other at the Israeli embassy. Another blast in another part of town caused damage to property but no deaths. The bombings were carried out to protest the trial of 15 alleged Islamicist terrorists in Tashkent. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

How I wish I could say I'm surprised by this. I get so frustrated hearing about these things. I just don't understand how bombing/killing people is considered by some to be a form of protest. What good do people see in doing it? Violence just breeds more violence. Someone please explain to me the logic in this!

Uzbekistan has a host of its own problems, there is the Islamist factor to be sure but the drug running and smuggling are also rife, couple that with a dictator who is consolidating his power by putting pressure on the Islamic fundamentalists and thus recieving international support and you have a recipe for these things.

I agree, A_Wanderer. Uzbekistan is plagued with problems, not the least of which is that it's a dictatorship and the people don't have any rights. They can't choose their leaders; they must accept the corrupt dictator they have. Women are second-class citizens, and yes, drugs are a problem. I'm really tired of this stuff. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom