Suicide - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2001, 10:54 PM   #46
Banned

Local Time: 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by CannibalisticArtist:

Old 12-21-2001, 06:18 PM   #47
War Child

Local Time: 02:41 PM
suicide is something i often think about; its not something i want though...though i've tried it...err, life is full of darkness as i see it

i wish it upon no one

------------------
--U2002revolution
(not-a-newbie)

U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Old 12-21-2001, 07:00 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 08:41 AM
Personally im not gonna bring religion into the topic of suicide cus i know in my religion they thinks its wrong but i think in my religion all their ideas and opinions are wrong and really i dont care much about religion.

In my own opinion life is short and ur not gonna get a 2nd chance so dont waste it and kill urself early.

I couldnt go through with suicide it seems pretty scary and a REALLY lonely way to die, anyone who feels compelled to kill themselves must be really depressed.

We shouldnt argue about this topic anyway, we should have compassion and think about those families who have lost a loved one expecially at Christmas through suidice, it must be awful for them and they are very brave to have been able to cope with it.

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000
Old 12-25-2001, 05:36 PM   #49
Babyface

Local Time: 10:41 PM
I can understand why people would want to kill themselves. For about 2 years I have had suicidal depression. I wouldn't go and see anyone professional about it and have a few times tried to end my life as it seemed like the only way out. About 1 and a half years ago I discovered the joys of U2. They especially Bono's lyrics have helped me get through it and though I think that you can never totally be over real depression not just feeling a bit down I have had large spells of time where I have been fine. Bono gave me my life back and for that I am truly grateful. Through their music I have made some good friends and have also found a purpose/aim for life so I now am no longer suicidal. I have found another way out and though many when they here my plans say its stupid or that I can't do that don't realise that there are two ways out. One leave where I am and start afresh or the second is take my life. Now they are my only two ways out, my only two releases and I think that the leaving and starting afresh to fulfil my purpose is a whole lot better than taking the easier quicker way out by killing myself. Sorry I babbled.
Old 12-30-2001, 10:12 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Spoon Girl:
I can understand why people would want to kill themselves. For about 2 years I have had suicidal depression. I wouldn't go and see anyone professional about it and have a few times tried to end my life as it seemed like the only way out. About 1 and a half years ago I discovered the joys of U2. They especially Bono's lyrics have helped me get through it and though I think that you can never totally be over real depression not just feeling a bit down I have had large spells of time where I have been fine. Bono gave me my life back and for that I am truly grateful. Through their music I have made some good friends and have also found a purpose/aim for life so I now am no longer suicidal. I have found another way out and though many when they here my plans say its stupid or that I can't do that don't realise that there are two ways out. One leave where I am and start afresh or the second is take my life. Now they are my only two ways out, my only two releases and I think that the leaving and starting afresh to fulfil my purpose is a whole lot better than taking the easier quicker way out by killing myself. Sorry I babbled.

Your story was very touching, it was lovely actually

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000