Stupid Dirty Girl - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2004, 03:33 PM   #46
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:35 PM
They should both resign one for being stupid and not doing their research and the other for just being a mean bastard.

Old 07-09-2004, 06:17 PM   #47
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
Local Time: 03:35 PM
At least Dymally can be voted out....

I didn't read this clearly before. I gotta give props to the NAACP for issuing this statement in the wake of the embarrassment of Dymally's double faux pas:

Quote:
"It is abusive to use such language toward a child, regardless the gender, race, socioeconomic background or national heritage," Alice A. Huffman, president of the California State Conference of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said in a statement.
I really was serious, I hope Riordan gets a neuro checkup ASAP. The sooner you act on senility disorders, the better chances you have of keeping some semblance of control of your life, and blurting out something that horrifically inappropriate is a classic symptom of such.
I think I'd be more disturbed if he turned out NOT to have a disease process, actually.

Old 07-09-2004, 06:30 PM   #48
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by wolfeden
At least Dymally can be voted out....

I didn't read this clearly before. I gotta give props to the NAACP for issuing this statement in the wake of the embarrassment of Dymally's double faux pas:

I was REALLY hoping someone from the NAACP would speak out and clarify that this was wrong, regardless of the race of the child.

Quote:

I really was serious, I hope Riordan gets a neuro checkup ASAP. The sooner you act on senility disorders, the better chances you have of keeping some semblance of control of your life, and blurting out something that horrifically inappropriate is a classic symptom of such.
I think I'd be more disturbed if he turned out NOT to have a disease process, actually.
Watching the tape of his comments, I have to agree. He seemed a little disoriented.

I wouldn't wish dementia or any other disease on anyone but if he is okay and just said this to be funny, that is disturbing.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:52 PM   #49
you are what you is

Local Time: 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

I thought he was talking about the meaning of her name, not about her as a person.
well, he couldn't seriously have thought that was the meaning of her name, could he?

if he did he should actually follow any kind of education himself instead of being a Education Secretary

so he still should lose his job
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 07-11-2004, 02:00 AM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:35 PM
I'm actually going to do a departure here, and am willing to let this go. I'm partially convinced that this is really just a bad joke gone awry and taken completely out of context in print media. By all indications, it looks like Riordan really was just teasing her, but, like I said: the fact that print media inherently strips out any form of context is why this looks very bad.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

Quote:
The conversation, videotaped by KEYT-TV, took place July 1. The girl, 6-year-old Isis D'Luciano, asked Riordan if he knew her name meant "Egyptian goddess."

Riordan replied, "It means stupid dirty girl."

After nervous laughter in the room, the girl again told Riordan the meaning of her name.

"Hey, that's nifty," he said.

A day later, Riordan issued a statement that said he "teased" the girl. "I immediately apologized to her, and I want to do so again for the misunderstanding," Riordan said.

The governor's chief spokesman, Rob Stutzman, said Thursday Riordan had not been asked to resign and, "That's the end of the issue, as far as we are concerned."

The girl's mother, Trinity Lila of Goleta, said her daughter was fine, and she considered the issue over.

"Obviously it hurt her feelings, but she didn't take it personally. She knew he was wrong and she let it go," Lila said. "I'm not going to sue them for therapy bills."

"He's already apologized repeatedly," Lila added. Although Riordan's office has tried to contact her, "I don't see what else is to be done."
If the mother of the child is satisfied with Riordan's apologies, then so should we. If Riordan should be removed from his position, let it be for other reasons (and I'm sure he has others). As far as I'm concerned, though, it really is time to move on.

Melon
Old 07-11-2004, 12:10 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

oh jeez, i am putting my two cents in and agreeing with melon. i had heard about this and didn't actually see it on the news until friday. but it truly appeared that he was just teasing her, although it was an in appropriate remark, i don't think there was any malice intended. i likened it to one of my brothers teasing me. plain and simple.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:19 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:35 PM
stupid man
Old 07-11-2004, 02:12 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MissMaCo
stupid man
stupid, dirty man!
Old 07-11-2004, 02:50 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Doozer61

stupid, dirty man!
sure !

stupid dirty man
(in bed )

sorry for this private joke !

Old 07-14-2004, 06:21 PM   #55
Refugee

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Seems there's not alot of people with any tact these days!! How does one Educate someone on that? Sad, really sad!