Study: Men Smarter than Women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Link

Men are more intelligent than women, claims new study

It is research that is guaranteed to delight men - and infuriate the women in their lives. A controversial new study has claimed that men really are more intelligent than women.

The study - carried out by a man - concluded that men's IQs are almost four points higher than women's.

British-born researcher John Philippe Rushton, who previously created a furore by suggesting intelligence is influenced by race, says the finding could explain why so few women make it to the top in the workplace.

I thought it was established a long time ago that men score higher on the IQ test. In fact they score higher on most forms of standardized tests. For example, the highest scoring group on the LSAT are white males, and I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence but rather the form of test we are talking about.

"I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science." ~ Ron Burgundy

"Smart" has absolutley NOTHING to do with IQ tests. By and large (and I'm a guy) judging from the hundreds of men and hundreds of women I've known throughout my life I have to say that overall the women are "smarter" - I am NOT saying that there aren't alot of stupid women out there. Take for example all the supposedly "smart" women who actally have relationships with total buffoons.

boysstupidfactory.jpg

Sorry I couldnt resist... :wink:

Seriously though.

The study - carried out by a man

I would be curious to see how the same participants do on a test carried out by a woman.

I also agree with what anitram said. I also think that there are just some things women are 'smarter' at and some things men are 'smarter' at. I dont feel you can classify a whole gender as being smarter than the other.

Study: Men More Likely to Believe Anything They Read Than Women

:lmao:

Seriously, I'm always leery of these 'studies' anyway - regardless of their outcome. Just like taking polls, you can manipulate your data into the results you desire. The plain and simple truth of the matter is that men are naturally more adept at mastering certain concepts and tasks, women more adept at others. Sometimes a woman is exceptional in an area generally populated by men, sometimes it's the other way 'round.

No big woop. :shrug:

anitram said:
I thought it was established a long time ago that men score higher on the IQ test. In fact they score higher on most forms of standardized tests. For example, the highest scoring group on the LSAT are white males, and I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence but rather the form of test we are talking about.

My thoughts exactly. I read "IQ test..." and thought "pffft! duh!" and basically stopped reading.

If the IQ test is seriously what they believe to be the best indicator of "smartness", then men can go ahead and have that honor.

Being the speptic I am, I wouldn't doubt that many questions were directed for a male frame of mind. You can manipulate data and fool some of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all the people all the time.

Please :rolleyes:

Men may have bigger brains than women, but isn't a fact they only use half of it, while women use nearly all of theirs?

Last edited:
Women and men both have their specific strengths, I question what exactly constitutes these tests.

It is well known that men are better with things like logic, problem solving, mathematics, spatial skills etc. whilst women are better with things like cleaning and ironing. I bet the IQ didn't even contain ANY questions pertaining to cleaning and ironing, so naturally men would acheive higher scores.

AussieU2fanman said:
whilst women are better with things like cleaning and ironing. I bet the IQ didn't even contain ANY questions pertaining to cleaning and ironing, so naturally men would acheive higher scores.

Wow, just wow

AussieU2fanman said:
It is well known that men are better with things like logic, problem solving, mathematics, spatial skills etc. whilst women are better with things like cleaning and ironing. I bet the IQ didn't even contain ANY questions pertaining to cleaning and ironing, so naturally men would acheive higher scores.

:eek: :lmao: I hope you're just kidding here.

AussieU2fanman said:
Women and men both have their specific strengths, I question what exactly constitutes these tests.

I couldnt iron a t-shirt without burning it, yet I got an A* in my maths exam and I'm a girl. Is there something wrong with me :huh:

partygirlvox said:

I couldnt iron a t-shirt without burning it, yet I got an A* in my maths exam and I'm a girl. Is there something wrong with me :huh:

If you, as a female, can't iron a shirt without burning it then you are completely devoid of any assets that might serve be able to serve mankind. And you must have cheated on your maths exam.

AussieU2fanman said:

If you, as a female, can't iron a shirt without burning it then you are completely devoid of any assets that might serve be able to serve mankind. And you must have cheated on your maths exam.

I'll never make a good housewife. NO!

AussieU2fanman said:

Interesting, since I don't even own a shirt that would require ironing and my dad and fiancee are the only people I know ever iron or know how to cook. Meanwhile my mom and I are busy doing household repairs, bookkeeping, and getting degrees from highly competitive schools. If only we had time to do such simple things as ironing and cooking. :lol:

MrsSpringsteen said:
If you seriously believe those things, perhaps you should talk to someone. Maybe you'd like to ban women from FYM too.

Or from the whole forum? Women clearly don't have the brain power to sustain conversation, so why are we even on here at all?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Interesting, since I don't even own a shirt that would require ironing and my dad and fiancee are the only people I know ever iron or know how to cook. Meanwhile my mom and I are busy doing household repairs, bookkeeping, and getting degrees from highly competitive schools. If only we had time to do such simple things as ironing and cooking. :lol:

I said ironing and cleaning. Women can't cook as it does require various skills which only men have ie. portioning of various ingredients. Most women lack basic arithmetic.

AussieU2fanman said:

I said ironing and cooking. Women can't cook as it does require various skills which only men have ie. portioning of various ingredients. Most women lack basic arithmetic.

Actually you said ironing and cleaning. You seem to lack the basic skills to break out of your sexist mentality. Are you deriving pleasure from insulting the women on this forum?

partygirlvox said:

Or from the whole forum? Women clearly don't have the brain power to sustain conversation, so why are we even on here at all?

Women can't sustain intelligent conversation. I'm convinced you are all just 40 year old guys with misleading names and avatars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom