Strippers and Art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
Council tables proposal for strip club

A Milwaukee Common Council committee did an about-face this morning and decided to further study a measure that would have designated a Walker's Point strip club a "center for the visual and performing arts."

Club Paradise, 813 S. 1st St., is seeking the designation, which the Utilities and Licenses Committee approved on a 2-1 vote two weeks ago. The full council was to vote today on the designation, which would have allowed those under age 21 to enter the club but not be served alcohol.

Full Article

Thoughts?

I don't see the big deal. There's tons of places here that serve alcohol that allow people under the ages of 21. There's even strip clubs here in Texas that allow 18 year olds, but they are BYOB. Personally I think selling and not allowing patrons to bring their own allows for more extensive monitoring of someone's consumption. I'm not sure why people get bent out of shape about these things.

I don't see why they can't do this. BYOB can be a really bad idea because they wouldn't know if someone was drinking too much. It seems like they are making much ado about nothing.

Wow....so basically the problem is that under age people could get into the club including those under the age of 18 because it is a cultural site rather than an adult site.

Dreadsox said:
Wow....so basically the problem is that under age people could get into the club including those under the age of 18 because it is a cultural site rather than an adult site.

Well this particular club would limit it to 18, but they're scared some may try to stretch it using this definition and extend to younger clients. That's how I understood it.

If that's the case and they try to go lower then yeah I would have to say no, but 18 you're considered an adult.

Back
Top Bottom