Streetwhore,..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just read in a dutch newspaper that i could have sex for $1 because they need the money for drugs. I sitting here with tears in my eyes. How could someone make use of such a desperate woman ??. I think that such a costumer is a digrease for humanity and is nothing alse than a slavekeeper. To make advantege from a sick woman. ( Drug adiction is a disease ).

:rant:

Couldn't agree with you more Rono. It is sick. It says a lot about society. But all that aside, what makes me more angry about these kind of things is that the industry is largely unmonitored. It is because women who prostitute themselves dont have the same kind of protection other 9-5 workers have. Prostitution is said to be the world's oldest profession. As long as there are paying customers it is going to exist. We cant get rid of it, but we can and need to try to stop this kind of thing happening. Its mind boggling when you consider how much abuse would be suffered by women (and men) sex workers. So many side issues like morality, drugs and disease.
We may think it terrible to see a man paying $1, but to one who uses such a service, its a bargain. The consumer end is harder to manage than the service end, and the workers are the ones we need to focus on in my view.

what's the cut off, $10? sick women cannot work? how can we stop women from abusing drugs and then doing anything they can to obtain the substance they are addicted to? the two things go hand in hand

They need to unionize, getting minimum wage standards and other benefits, and then striking when they don't get it...

:sexywink:

Melon

Angela Harlem said:
Couldn't agree with you more Rono. It is sick. It says a lot about society. But all that aside, what makes me more angry about these kind of things is that the industry is largely unmonitored. It is because women who prostitute themselves dont have the same kind of protection other 9-5 workers have.

The thing is, in the Netherlands (where Rono was commenting about) prostitution is legalised (AFAIK). And yes, they also have an union (maybe more than one, I'm not sure about that). Still, it's pretty disgusting to read about this situation, when heroin hookers (who are not allowed, or just don't want to be in the prostitution area) start to work in normal neighbourhoods for as low as 1 or 2 euro's.

Marty

Rono said:
I just read in a dutch newspaper that i could have sex for $1 because they need the money for drugs. I sitting here with
:rant:

That's a sad story and reminds me on a story i read in the ai-journal. It was about UN-Troops who had to distribute food.
But they abused their power to force the women in the vilages to have sex with them before getting the food.

Klaus

Re: Re: Streetwhore,..

Klaus said:

That's a sad story and reminds me on a story i read in the ai-journal. It was about UN-Troops who had to distribute food.
But they abused their power to force the women in the vilages to have sex with them before getting the food.

Klaus

I heard this on a tv program. But i thought those UN people where local employes. It was in Africa.

Talking about UN Troops. Where ever the troops are coming, the local prostution is going up. The trade in woman starts and those woman are forced into the life of a whore.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/1634075.stm

ore this :rant:

www.hivnet.ch:8000/topics/sex-work/viewR?325

Re: Re: Re: Streetwhore,..

Hi Rono,

it was not my intension to bash UN troups - they should just protect but they make lots of bad things :-/

The similarity for me was just that some "normal humans" are deep in their heart :censored: - you just don't see it because a lack of chances. If they get the chance they abuse the bad situation of others (in this case females) to get what they want.

Klaus

p.s. btw. i remember both stories :-( that shows that we should put more money to military so that more people want to do that job and the military can pick the best

Back
Top Bottom