Stopping the homosexual agenda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
MONTGOMERY - An Alabama lawmaker who sought to ban gay marriages now wants to ban novels with gay characters from public libraries, including university libraries.

A bill by Rep. Gerald Allen, R-Cottondale, would prohibit the use of public funds for "the purchase of textbooks or library materials that recognize or promote homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle." Allen said he filed the bill to protect children from the "homosexual agenda."

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1101896768316400.xml

-----------------------------------------------------

Yes the US seems to be filled with bigots ~ and according to the news that gets posted here all of them are in the GOP.

Does this, umm, "esteemed gentleman" :coughcoughcough: really believe if you don't look it will go away?

Some people don't have the brains of a stump.

A_Wanderer said:
Yes the US seems to be filled with bigots ~ and according to the news that gets posted here all of them are in the GOP.

That seems about right.

Melon

When will we realize that we have never "promoted" a homosexual lifestyle? I think all people want is to be accepted for what they are. That goes for lefthanders, people who wear glasses, short men, brunettes, girls with hips, men who have emotions, etc. etc. etc.....

So for all these years has there been a heterosexual agenda? Turnabout is fair play :wink:

This guy will be really steamed about last night's episode of Desperate Housewives...

I don't think everyone who is a Republican is a "bigot" btw

I remember the day this hit the newspapers here in Birmingham. I was so angry that yet another fool was making my state look like some tortured version of Dixiecrat Hell that I thought I was going to have a stroke. At the rate we're going downhill politically, Roy Moore is going to be elected governor next year and if that happens for the first time in my life I'm going to actually want to leave this f:censored:g stupid state. This is always been home to me, even though I've never liked the political situation here. It's always been something to put up with and I'm used to idiots and dunderheads in my state government. Never mind that we have the worst schools in the country, never mind we're bankrupt, just don't let those second-class citizens called gays corrupt our youth by getting married. This whole thing pisses me off so much I don't know what to do. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Sheltie said:
Whats going on? It seems like these idiots keep multiplying! Now the nuts are trying to control what people read.:coocoo:

I think this last election seemed to have given certain folks a sense of justification. I have a feeling it is going to bring more out of the woodwork.

Sheltie said:
Whats going on? It seems like these idiots keep multiplying! Now the nuts are trying to control what people read.:coocoo:

The fundies think that the GOP victory in 2004 was because of them. Now the fundies think they own the country.

Literally.

Melon

neutral said:

I guess that means my TV has an agenda. That's it, I'm throwing it off the balcony. :mad: :yell:

I already have. I'm digging a hole right now for my books and art collection that may contribute to the agenda. Next step is to block all websites that may be working for the agenda. This one may qualify, I'll have to let you know.

nbcrusader said:
This guy lives in a delusional paranoid state of mind.......

That sounds about right. Seriously, I just wish I had all day to sit here and worry about such things, but nah, I'm too busy going out and enjoying myself and having some sembelance of a life.

I assume, then, that the state that guy lives in must be an absolutely perfect place (with the exception of that "homosexual agenda"...:rolleyes:...seriously, where do these lame phrases come up?)...must be no violence or drug problems or anything along that line if this is all he's spending his time worrying about, eh?

Originally posted by Sheltie
Now the nuts are trying to control what people read.:coocoo:

Yeah...funny thing is, I distinctly remember Hitler doing the same thing...

Anywho, seen gay people on TV, read about them in articles and stuff, and yet am still straight. Hasn't affected me in the slightest (and if it did, so what?).

Angela

Brought to you by the former Swift Boat Veterans for Lies. I didn't know th AARP was part of the homesexual agenda. Don't go against the admin or you will next!

aarp.gif

i say, "goddamn!!!" the christian coalition is quick to identify the homosexual agenda, and just when we thought we were being all clever moving the monthly meetings from San Francisco out to Key West (due to all the unpleasant rain in SF, it frizzes our hair, you know).

look at their newest piece of detective work:

Shrek character is latest target of anti-gay religious group

Mon Feb 21,12:15 PM ET

JOHN MCKAY

TORONTO (CP) - Uh-oh!

That other jolly green giant could be in trouble.

Shrek 2 is the latest animated film title to be "outed" by Christian fundamentalists in the U.S.

On its website the Traditional Values Coalition (news - web sites) is warning parents about the cross-dressing and transgender themes contained in the hit DreamWorks feature, now on DVD.

"Shrek 2 is billed as harmless entertainment but contains subtle sexual messages," says the coalition, which describes itself as a grassroots inter-denominational lobby with more than 43,000 member churches.

"Parents who are thinking about taking their children to see Shrek 2 may wish to consider the following."

The article then proceeds to describe one of the characters, an "evil" bartender (voiced by Larry King) who is a male-to-female transgender in transition and who expresses a sexual desire for Prince Charming.

In another identified scene, Shrek and Donkey need rescuing from a dungeon by Pinocchio and his nose, which is made to extend as an escape bridge by getting the wooden boy to lie about not wearing women's underwear.

The TVC report, A Gender Identity Disorder Goes Mainstream', raps DreamWorks for helping to promote crossdressing and transgenderism.

But Charles Keil, a film studies professor at the University of Toronto, says transgendered groups might also have reason to complain about being parodied.

"You have an image within a comic context that could be read either way," says Keil, who adds quickly that such humour is designed for parents anyway and goes way above the heads of the children in the audience.

"If the kids don't get it, it doesn't really matter."

Keil says the whole idea behind the Shrek movies is a general message of tolerance - that outward appearances don't matter and that it's what's underneath that counts - and such complaints defeat that larger, more important message.

"Targeting minuscule elements within a much larger work and then trying to extract from that some kind of argument that borders on the paranoid is really misconstruing the general aim of this entertainment."

So far, the Coalition's gaydar doesn't seem to have picked up on DreamWorks' Shark Tale, in which a shark mafioso, voiced by Robert DeNiro, must come to terms with the fact he has a vegetarian son who likes to dress up as a dolphin.

But the Shrek accusation follows hot on the heels of other cases of animated characters being accused of infiltrating the minds of America's children with pro-gay messages, much to the detriment of traditional family values.

Recently, PBS was upbraided by the group Focus on the Family - and supported by the U.S. secretary of education no less - for an episode of the cartoon series Postcards From Buster, in which Buster the rabbit encounters a couple of kids with lesbian parents.

Christian activists have also targeted SpongeBob SquarePants, Barney the dinosaur and Sesame Street's Bert & Ernie as children's characters who are conduits for a soft-on-gays message.

Just last month, the American Family Association took exception to the makers of a new video being distributed to thousands of U.S. elementary schools and which the organization said used characters like SpongeBob and Barney to indoctrinate children into a homosexual lifestyle.

The video is designed to coincide with National We Are Family Day in March. But what upset the AFA in particular is the We Are Family Foundation's website and a tolerance-for-diversity pledge (including sexual orientation) that children and others are asked to sign there.

It seems all of this began back in 1999 when Rev. Jerry Falwell described that purse-toting Teletubby, Tinky Winky, as a gay role model.

One wonders how far back critics could go, though, in seeing pro-homosexual context in cartoons. Remember when shotgun-toting hunter Elmer Fudd realized Bugs Bunny was in drag? He was furious, but only because he saw Bugs's cotton tail and learned he was a rabbit in disguise.

"There's all sorts of things going on in those cartoons that are pretty suggestive," concedes Keil. "But (the kids) are laughing at the pratfalls, the funny voices, the very basic humour.

"Kids at that age don't even have pre-formed notions of sexuality."

In the recent SpongeBob movie, there is a scene in which the oddball undersea character suddenly pops up in his neighbour's shower (and quickly gets the boot). It's also been pointed out that he holds hands with a pink friend and gets boating lessons from a teacher called Mr. Puff. Creator Stephen Hillenburg assured the Wall Street Journal that the sponge-man was not gay but that the show had become a gay community favourite because of the tolerant attitude displayed by the show's characters.

"Everybody is different and the show embraces that," Hillenburg said. "I always think of them as being somewhat asexual."

Keil wonders what these religious groups would accomplish if they managed to get a law passed banning any representation of untoward social behaviour in children's entertainment.

"It would still be there covertly," he argues. "What would these groups see as the ideal state of affairs?"

-

On the web: www.traditionalvalues.org

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-briefs22.3feb22,1,6495167.story

IN BRIEF / MONTANA
Hate Crime Protection for Gays Is Rejected
From Times Wire Reports

February 22, 2005

The state House of Representatives killed a bill that would have extended a hate crimes law to protect gays.

The bill would have made it a crime to target people based on such factors as age, economic condition, disability, gender or sexual orientation. It was rejected, 54 to 46.

Republicans, who accounted for all but five of the opponents, argued that the bill would stifle speech and could prevent clergy from speaking out against homosexuality in their sermons.

Republicans argued that the bill would stifle speech and could prevent clergy from speaking out against homosexuality in their sermons.

Protecting HATE speech from the pulpit.

I am puzzled...can the governement restrict what is said in a sermon?

Isn't that part of separation of church and state? Government doesn't step inside religion and religion doesn't step inside government?

nbcrusader said:

I guess the government should enforce only the proper interpretation.... :rolleyes:

are pastors allowed to speak out about owning slaves, murdering adulterous wives, not eating shellfish, etc.?

Back
Top Bottom