Stop using our Photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Swift Boat soldiers request Kerry stop using their photos. The kerry campaign has been using their photos and they are upset because they do not support him.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-17-2004/0002176071&EDATE=

[Q]SWIFT BOAT VETERANS FOR TRUTH STOP UNAUTHORIZED USE OF IMAGE
Members of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are calling on John Kerry to stop unauthorized use of their images in national campaign advertising. The photo in use contains 20 officers, including Kerry, 11 of whom signed a letter condemning Kerry yet their image is being widely used in his campaign. Of the remaining eight officers pictured: two are deceased, four do not wish to be involved in any manner and only two of the 20 are believed to support Kerry. (PRNewsFoto)[RV]
ALEXANDRIA, VA USA 05/17/2004[/Q]
DAM038

Last edited:
I guess Kerry has the bad luck these people are still alive, Bush has been exploiting the 3000 people who died in the WTC for years.

And Bush badmouthed those people too like Kerry did?

While you make a point, and I started a thread about the Bush exploitation in his ad, I find it a bit sad that we can't agree it is wrong.

Kerry returned home from Vietnam and claimed things about his fellow soldiers that were awful. If I were them, I would be pissed that he used me for political gain when he returned home, and he is using me again.

Is Bush using a tragedy to buy votes?
It is wrong. Kerry is wrong using this photo to buy his. 2 wrongs are just that - 2 wrongs. It remains a shame that you only have these 2 options for your next president.

I agree that it's wrong Dreadsox, I just forgot to mention it. And i agree with Angela Harlem as well. Americans are sooo screwed with these two people.

"said things that were awful about his fellow soldiers"

well you can take it up with my dad if you'd like, as he also served in Viet Nam and came back to America as a 'veteran for peace'; some of the things American soldiers did there were horrific beyond description. Guess the truth hurts. Apparently it didn't hurt enough the first time as the sick and sad perversions continue to flow out of Abu Ghraib prison.... :no:

I have no problem if the things that were said were true....but...I have read enough from people who served with him to have my doubts that what he spoke was the truth. But we can go back and forth about this all day....

Fact is, people have asked that he stop using the photo. 11 of them Support Bush.

If they are supporting Bush, which they have the perfect right to do, I can understand why they object to the Kerry campaign's use of the picture. Quite frankly if the Bush campaign were using pictures with me in them I'd be pretty unhappy. I do not exactly consider Kerry a knight in shining armor, either, although I do plan to vote for him. We could have done better with our candidates.

Last edited:
I used to joke that I wanted to steal Vaclav Havel from the Czechs so he could be president of the United States. He's quit politics now. Maybe we can steal.........someone else?
j/k:laugh: :laugh:

No offence but you all need to get a grip. I do agree the candidates aren't what I'd call an encouraging choice...

BUT

You really aren't just electing Bush, or electing Kerry. You are electing an administration. That includes a whole swag of appointments (cabinet secretaries, public officials in various government agencies) which will affect the tone of how policy is created and carried out.

That's assuming you do vote. I'd say it's pretty important.

Oh, I am absolutely going to vote. It's my right, it's my responsibility as a citizen, and you're right, we just don't get one guy in the White House we get an administration. Not everyone is going to like the nominees no matter who they are. I will cast a vote for Kerry, and then hope for the best. My vote most likely won't really count because Democrats never carry Alabama. But I will vote.

Back
Top Bottom