Stop Nader!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately Nader is being used as a pawn in this race by both sides. It makes me sick. I respect Nader and actually supported him during the last election. Reps are putting him on the ballot where he may help them, and dems are trying to block him where it may hurt them. It's a crying shame that we're only a two party country, but personally I don't think this election is the time to bring a third party in that has no chance. This election is one of the most important election of my lifetime and I hate to see one man potentially divide votes. Votes for Nader will only help one person and it's not Nader.

In any vibrant democracy the democrats should be able to defeat Nader and win the progressive vote without resorting to dirty tricks. It is a pity that the democratic part acts in a most undemocratic way.

A_Wanderer said:
In any vibrant democracy the democrats should be able to defeat Nader and win the progressive vote without resorting to dirty tricks. It is a pity that the democratic part acts in a most undemocratic way.

And of course the Republican party is the apogee of all that is good and holy in this debate.

Likewise, in any vibrant democracy the Republicans should be able to defeat Kerry without having to resort to pushing the courts to add a third-party candidate simply so that he can split votes. As I recall, Jeb Bush recently pushed the Florida Supreme Court to get Nader on the ballot, even after Nader missed the cut-off deadline. Gee, what a nice guy, thinking about Nader's feelings like that. :rolleyes:

Well, we have one party that is trying to include other's on the ballot and another that is trying to keep them off. Which act is more democratic? There is no justification for keeping someone like Nader off the ballot. The Republicans motives may be questionable, but that is not nearly as bad as what the Democrats are doing.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Personally I don't think this election is the time to bring a third party in that has no chance. This election is one of the most important election of my lifetime and I hate to see one man potentially divide votes. Votes for Nader will only help one person and it's not Nader.

Oh, I disagree. I think this is the election a third party could have stolen. It seems to me that there's alot of people who don't want to vote for Bush, but don't want to vote for Kerry either.

This is the year I would have eagerly voted for a third party and I think if one had started early enough, and was a fairly "moderate" choice, they could have taken it in a landslide.

Unfortunately, Nader has just become a joke anymore and, as you said, a pawn. I don't feel comfortable voting for him any more than the other two. :huh:

Joke or not... if Nader is able to get the required number of signatures to get put on a ballot in each state, is it right and fair that there maybe collusion between the Dems, 527's associated with the Dems, their national committee, and the Kerry campaign itself to limit the American people's choice of candidates outside of their party? Nader presents some serious accusations.

Dems talk about disenfranchisement of voters in a democracy/ republic... yes... that is wrong, but isn't it just as wrong to prevent a candidate from offering himself as choice to the American people, especially if he is going about it through legitimate means.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom