stolen puppies for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

famous rungi

Acrobat
Here's something.

I don't know about your neighbourhood, but here there is a black market for stolen pets. My own dogs got dognapped years ago. These stolen creatures get sold for hundreds of dollars, especially the purebreds.

My sister came across an extremely cute basset hound with long droopy ears and sad eyes. It looked really miserable and forlorn, though. It was selling for $500.

I was wondering, would you buy the pup because you know you can give it a comfortable home? Or would you refuse to buy it on principle, since it was stolen?

Originally posted by famous rungi:
Here's something.

I don't know about your neighbourhood, but here there is a black market for stolen pets. My own dogs got dognapped years ago. These stolen creatures get sold for hundreds of dollars, especially the purebreds.

My sister came across an extremely cute basset hound with long droopy ears and sad eyes. It looked really miserable and forlorn, though. It was selling for $500.

I was wondering, would you buy the pup because you know you can give it a comfortable home? Or would you refuse to buy it on principle, since it was stolen?

I probably would but I'm not sure.. there's a hell of an answer .. If i wanted the dog.. Dogs have a hard enough time finding good homes, and the fact that they are stolen just makes it worse for the dog.. but I'd also proly turn the guy in hoping I could still get one out of the goodwill of the owner of the breed...
But if it was someone's pet.. I couldn't do that.. and look at the dog the same..

The stolen factor aside, these pups at the price they go for, get closer to ensuring whoever buys them will give them a good home.

I would never refuse to buy an animal simply cos it was stolen. If anything I would buy it and then spoil it rotten to make up for any mistreatment it may have suffered. But I'm prone to spoiling anyway with my pooches and kitties. My dog had a lovely turkey roll for lunch today.

Animal cruelty gets me more upset than some human cruelty. Thats bad isn't it?

Anyways, sorry to hear about your poor dawggie fors. Did you ever find the one you lost before you moved? I felt so sad for you when I heard.

frown.gif

I gotta be brief. Yes, we did manage to find our other dog Moses who ran away.

But guess what.

My sick one, Vegemite, is missing now. Our vet kept him at her house for observation over the Christmas hols but she didn't tell us. Since this morning, he has been missing. Ran away or dognapped -- we don't know. I gotta go off soon to put up fliers.

frown.gif

shucks.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
The stolen factor aside, these pups at the price they go for, get closer to ensuring whoever buys them will give them a good home.

That's true.

Actually, I feel the same way, Angie.

f.

Originally posted by cass:
it is the bull terrier/mastiff crosses that are being dognapped around here. The police and animal welfare groups know it goes on, but they have to catch them in the act and have to have evidence to charge the organisers...

See, the authorities here aren't even doing anything about it. I wonder if it also has something to do with Malaysia being a Muslim country, therefore the Malays couldn't care less about dogs since it is against their religion to touch canines. Oh well.

f.

Geez rungi, sorry about me telling horror stories when you are missing your dog Vegemite. I just read about him at the pet pic topic.You don't need to hear s**t like that from me now.I hope you find him soon. Good luck. I think my old dog Pottergirl was part beagle. She was the best dog in the world , very smart.

A book I would recommend..."The Dog Man" by Martin McKenna available from AustralianBC(ABC) shops. He's brilliant imho. Another wonderful irishman:)
"Dogs are the Best People".(Aussie song)

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 12-26-2001).]

The thing about us caring more about animal cruelty than human cruelty is so sadly true. There is something about an animal being hurt that I just can't stand. In movies when there is a battle scene with horses or something I always get sad when the horses die, even though people are being killed around it. Hmmm...to me it's just that people understand that not every person is cruel. Abusing an animal is like abusing a child where they think that all people are like that. And that's hard to deal with.
As far as dog and catnapping though, that's terrible. I think that if I had a lot of money I would buy all the pets and give them back to their owners. But I am not. So I would probably turn them in and try to stay involved in the case to see that as many animals as possible get back to their owners. Tough subject though.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Buying stolen pets just creates a bigger demand which in turn will lead to more pets being stolen. (That sentence was poorly written)

CK

that's horrible fors, I don't see why people would ever want to do such a thing. do they always sell them to homes though?

I know in places pets are stolen and sold to laboratories which makes me so angry.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:

actually I'm another one that feels the same way Angie. Animals are so helpless, naive and innocent. talk about the ultimate bullying.

fors
frown.gif

I hope you find Vegemite, and I'm sorry about your other dogs. at least if they were dognapped though, they hopefully went to another good home. I know that doesnt make it any easier though.

[This message has been edited by BabyGrace (edited 12-29-2001).]

I'm another one who, generally speaking, gets more upset at cruelty torwards animals than humans. They are so innocent,loving, and trusting.
frown.gif

Around here, lots of purebred dogs are stolen just to make a quick buck, but an awful lot of animals are stolen for fighting/guarding, too. And i know Cedars Cinai hospital does animal research and is harboring stolen dogs. Thats a fact!
mad.gif

So glad you found your doggies! I have lost so many pets that have never come back.
frown.gif

As for buying stolen pets, well, personally I'd prefer t6o just steal 'em right back, then try to return em to the owners!! "This asshole stole this puppy from someone...we're stealing it back!!!"
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Back
Top Bottom