Stingray Killings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanGirl

The Fly
At least 10 stingrays have been found dead on Qld beaches since the death of Steve Irwin last week.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1106AP_Crocodile_Hunter_Stingray_Killings.html

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20398867-5001021,00.html

This just makes me sick to my stomach. I really can't understand why anyone would do such a horrible thing. I hope the bastards who are doing this are caught before we lose any more of these beautiful creatures. :(

This is the last thing in the world Steve would want to happen. I feel so ANGRY right now. :mad:

The problem is that people will now perceive them as a threat.

Even if the real risk is minute.

What? Don't these people realize this is what Steve was trying to avoid?

I talked with my dad about this after Steve's death. Each year, he fishes of the Gulf Coast in Alabama, and stringrays are a frequent catch (not by choice). I explained that they're really not all that dangerous. I spent a week swimming in the ocean off the coast of Florida in May and packs of them came by every few minutes. It was almost like they preferred to have company while swimming, as long as they're not cornered or threatened.

As far as I'm concerned, a stingray is no more inherently dangerous than your family dog, which would also lash out and bite if it was boxed in a someone jumped on top of it.

I am certain Haliburton is involved. Think about it - these creatures get killed and "SUDDENLY" the stock market rebounds. God I hate Bush!

just trying to play devil's advocate for a second... it's quite possible that the reason for the sudden increase in dead stingray's has to do with the fact that people are now frightened of the animal, thinking that if the guy who wrestled crocodiles can get killed by one, they certainly can... thus reacting in a much more defensive manner when approached by one then they ever would have in the past.

:shrug: still doesn't make it right and/or neccesary at all... but it's not neccesarily that this is some sort of retaliation on steve's behalf.

just a thought.

AEON said:
I am certain Haliburton is involved. Think about it - these creatures get killed and "SUDDENLY" the stock market rebounds. God I hate Bush!

yeah,
they made all that global warming

that is the only reason that Ray got so big

That's terrible! :mad:

Stingray's are by nature quite docile, unless of course they are attacked. This sort of thing is so senseless!

just trying to play devil's advocate for a second... it's quite possible that the reason for the sudden increase in dead stingray's has to do with the fact that people are now frightened of the animal, thinking that if the guy who wrestled crocodiles can get killed by one, they certainly can... thus reacting in a much more defensive manner when approached by one then they ever would have in the past.

Well, if that was the case, you'd think they'd do something less drastic like, I dunno.... stay OUT of the water!!!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:shrug: still doesn't make it right and/or neccesary at all... but it's not neccesarily that this is some sort of retaliation on steve's behalf.

just a thought.

could be true.

Back
Top Bottom