Steve Nash Speaks Out Against Iraq War (Great Article)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoocoustic said:
I want to know why I'm supposed to care what a Pro Basketball Player's thoughts are on the pending war. What makes this guy's opinion matter?

he is using his celebrity w/o knowing the issue top to bottom.

he's only a-a pro b-ball player who---NEEDS A DAMN HAIR-CUT:angry: .

thank u-

DB9

Last edited:
Man, am I the only one who doesn't give a shite about the guy's hair? Diamond, if you really want my opinion on the issue, I actually think his hair is pretty cool. I might grow mine out like that. But only because I saw it on TV.

stevespeaking.jpg

I would be covering up part of my mug too if-
1-I didnt know all an issue.;)
2-I had a bad hair cut;)

thank u
diamond
:)

diamond said:
[BI would be covering up part of my mug too if-
1-I didnt know all an issue.;)
2-I had a bad hair cut;)
[/B]
Diamond, he simply said that the US should avoid war through a pre-emptive strike, if at all possible. Even Hillary Clinton agrees with that, and she does know "all an issue" as you put it. If the US goes in without the UN and world backing, entirely based on suspicion, it sets a dangerous precedent. It's a precedent that ties our natural rights of life and liberty into a political agenda. It's not what those rights were meant to represent. What I'm having a problem with here has to do with this new application of our natural freedoms. It's an application that results in absolute power, whichever way you look at it. You take away world support, but if you go in anyway, you've suddenly entered an altogether different paradigm of the freedoms you've built your nation upon. You've transcended those very freedoms into an entirely different animal. And a very dangerous one at that.

Last edited:
I'm glad everyone has stopped using "Bush" to represent America; he is not the only decision maker in Washington. Lest we forget, he has appointed some of the best people in America to advise him (hopefully advise him well).

And Flag Pole was right about the fact that everyone's opinion is valid. If you base all your judgements on hair, then vote for the Hair Party and be done with it... Funny enough the Republicans used to be the Whig Party, so Diamond must be voting Democrat (or maybe Diamond likes wigs, I cannot speak in their place)

We'll see in '04

i cant imagine what the world would be like in 2008 is bush were to be reelected in 04.

I don't know, I think that there might be a woman running this time; last time I checked there was a lot more females in the US than males. So, you might see old Hilary back in the White House... ha ha ha... I wonder what her policy on interns is...

Back
Top Bottom