Steve Irwin Killed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very shocking news, I'm still finding it hard to sink in....

Steve is a wonderful inspiration and he truly is the best ''Crocodile Hunter'' there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

We will always love you Steve!

I'm listening to Midnight Oil in memory of Steve.

(They're from Australia and they stood for the environment, too. It's the first thing I though of, OK.)

I think I'm going to do something for the environment as well.

Shocking news and such a terrible loss. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace Steve...

one of the news sites has

"Death by Animal"

well, it sounds like he went pretty fast

a poison barb to the heart.

I have always thought
one of the worst ways of dying would be death by animal
for some reason
I have thought about the giant monitor lizards
how horrible to be traveling in some tropical area and have one of those guys slowly swallow you :shrug:

oh well
prayers and good thoughts
to Steve's family and friends

he made a wonderful contribution while he was here

deep said:

well, it sounds like he went pretty fast

John Stainton told reporters the footage, which he had handed to police, was the worst thing he had ever seen, Sydney's 2GB radio reported this morning.

"I have seen the footage and it's shocking," Mr Stainton said.

"It's a very hard thing to watch because you're watching somebody die and it's terrible."

Mr Stainton, also a producer and director of Irwin's popular television shows, said the footage showed Mr Irwin pulling the barb out of his chest before losing consciousness.

'The tail came up'

"It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him here (in the chest), and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone.

"That was it. The cameraman had to shut down."

Mr Stainton, who was aboard Mr Irwin's vessel Croc One when the tragedy occurred, said it was likely the television star and naturalist died almost immediately as a result of the stingray's blow.

"(He was) probably a metre coming over the top of it," he said.

"He was underwater. I think, and the coroner's report will say what happened, but I think he died fairly instantly."

I have to say I always thought he was a bit of a dickhead and didn't always portray Australians in the best light (we don't all go around talking like Crocodile Dundee, you know) but there's no disputing he did a lot of good work for conservation.

Love him or hate him, I don't think anyone can deny that he was passionate about his cause and loved his job. He believed in what he was doing and his enthusiasm was contagious. All the Earth's creatures have lost a great friend. :sad: :sad: RIP, Steve.

You know, he just seemed kind of invincible somehow, even with all the dangerous stuff he did. He never seemed to get seriously hurt. I just kind of thought he'd live to be 90 telling his grandkids about all the amazing crazy things he did. This is so sad. :sad:

Shaliz said:
You know, he just seemed kind of invincible somehow, even with all the dangerous stuff he did. He never seemed to get seriously hurt. I just kind of thought he'd live to be 90 telling his grandkids about all the amazing crazy things he did. This is so sad. :sad:

you know? I was thinking the same thing... I still can't believe the news :sad:

deep said:
I hope they do not play the tape of this on television.

I hope for the family's sake that tape and any copies are destroyed as soon as possible. I don't see what possible good can come of them, but I can see them causing incredible pain if they ever get out and shown.

I just watched Larry King's interview with Steve's best friend who was there when he died. He said once the tape is out of police custody, it will be destroyed.

I feel so sorry for his wife and kids. RIP perhaps the most fairdinkum Aussie of the last 40 years. :rockon:

I think in some ways his passion for animals was going to lead to his death, he tempted fate a bit, but still, we'll miss you Steve.

here is the link to sign the online Steve Irwin (The Croc Hunters)
Memorial Book!

http://www.legacy. com/GB/Guestbook Entry.aspx? &PersonID= 19127166

feel free to repost

cut and past if needed.

r842018349.jpg

Late last night while in bed I flipped on the TV and surfed channels but stopped on several channels who were airing interviews, footage and coverage of Steve Irwin and his shocking tragic death. There was a Larry King interview with his business partner, Cousteau's son and others and there was a show on Animal Planet and some other channel. Very very sad loss. RIP Steve.

Back
Top Bottom