States finally go BLUE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
USR5.gif

elevateandy said:
Let's hope the Red gets straightened out- because Blue will be a nightmare.

And we're living in what, exactly?

If this is someone's definition of a dream then that's pretty scary.

wishful thinking if you think that disapproving of Bush will mean a lot of these people would like a Dem anymore. approval rating may be in the low 40s in my state of Georgia, but there's no way it won't vote Republican. hopefully it'll still be enough though.

:sigh:

MadelynIris said:

again, you are simply NOT ALLOWED to have a conservative or republican opinion here.

Nope - not allowed.

Wow:ohmy:

Did I say that? Oh my...

Someone's a little sensitive today...

(I am very courteous to most posters in here, and some of the conservative posters in here are some of my favorite posters. But when someone comes in and all they can say is "it would be a nightmare", how is that being open to other opinions?)

Last edited:
MadelynIris said:

again, you are simply NOT ALLOWED to have a conservative or republican opinion here.

Nope - not allowed.

You can have one, but expect to have people counter you. Just as liberals are countered everywhere in the US. So don't whine. It's most unflattering.

(I am very courteous to most posters in here, and some of the conservative posters in here are some of my favorite posters. But when someone comes in and all they can say is "it would be a nightmare", how is that being open to other opinions?)

Some of my best friends are gay.

LOL

Ingredients:

1) A nice single malt 12 year old scotch
2) Sarah Mclachlan's Bloom remix
3) A cold, clear, starry clear fall night
4) the eve of a 4 day weekend

Bliss...

Justin Sane expresses my opinions on people suddenly being "against the war" and anti-bush

If It's Good For The Economy, I'm For It"

if genocide is good for the economy, then i am for it!
if genocide is bad for the economy, then i'm against it!
if healthcare for all is good for the economy, then i am for it!
if healthcare for all is bad for the economy, then i'm against it!
if enviromental devastation is good for the economy, then i am for it!
if enviromental devastation is bad for the economy, then im against it!
if going to war is good for the economy, then i am for it!
if going to war is bad for the economy, then im against it!

this country's gears can't slow down
at any cost to anyone they must sound
banker's fortunes and power cravings too
to this machine are bound
so this country's gears can't slow down

they keep selling us a rotten deal, and im getting more than sick of it
because the suffering it brings, far outweighs the minor benifits
the death of our health, the death of our dreams, the death of this world that we lease
the death of breathing life back into the long dead corpse we once called "peace"

blueyedpoet said:
Justin Sane expresses my opinions on people suddenly being "against the war" and anti-bush

Suddenly??

Hello?

indra said:

You can have one, but expect to have people counter you. Just as liberals are countered everywhere in the US. So don't whine. It's most unflattering.

Excactly. I'm a liberal, but some of our best posters are Republican and conservative. Democracy wouldn't work if we didn't have both liberals and conservatives in the U.S.

Dismantled said:

um, and the US voting Red hasn't been a nightmare? what have the past 5 years been for you? blissful? what has the last year been for you? utopia?

i'm sorry but i cannot see how ANY government could be ANY worse than the one we've currently got.

The democrats or "demo-communists" are the cause of the majority of problems we are dealing with now. Kerry was a freaking mess- he was the definition of "control by special interest". I hope to god we never get Hillary.

Say what you will against what I have said, but it is the truth. The bleeding-heart-liberals have they're heads...well you know the rest.

MadelynIris said:

Nope - not allowed.

Based on the replies from conservatives or Republicans, I would state it's the reverse. If someone claims that we "aren't living in a dream" do the Republicans try to present counter-evidence? No - rather, they just whine about how they aren't allowed to have an opinion. What opinion? Prove to someone that disagrees that we are better off with Bush - don't just complain that you don't have a voice! Complaining sounds just like what the current regime is doing and this is why there's only a 40% approval!

elevateandy said:
The democrats or "demo-communists" are the cause of the majority of problems we are dealing with now. Kerry was a freaking mess- he was the definition of "control by special interest". I hope to god we never get Hillary.

Say what you will against what I have said, but it is the truth. The bleeding-heart-liberals have they're heads...well you know the rest.

As usual, nothing but non-factual nonsense. As for what you've said being "the truth," I wouldn't know, because you've said absolutely nothing. And if I called the Republican Party the "Nazi Party," you would all bitch and moan, so refrain from the histrionics. After all, the Democratic Party is hardly liberal anymore; they're just "Nazi-lite" these days (tongue-in-cheek, folks).

And if you really think that Bush isn't "controlled by special interests," I would have to request that you have your head examined. The Bush Administration is nothing but a group of businessmen, whose idea of "public interest" is funnelling money to their former employers with no-bid contracts (the missile defense shield, then the "war on terror") and creating crooked energy policies with criminals (Kenneth Lay and Enron prior to its energy throttling and subsequent bankruptcy). Or how pretty much every "policy" this administration formulates is nothing but a regurgitation of what the U.S. Chamber of Commerce advocates.

Melon

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:

um, and the US voting Red hasn't been a nightmare? what have the past 5 years been for you? blissful? what has the last year been for you? utopia?

i'm sorry but i cannot see how ANY government could be ANY worse than the one we've currently got.

ANY government!!??

Try living in China..or Iraq...come back and tell us how it went.

Dismantled said:

ANY government!!??

Try living in China..or Iraq...come back and tell us how it went.

ANY american government.

actually, ANY western government. i'd much rather have the current Canadian government, the current British government, the current Danish government, etc.

and, please, continue to defend the Bush administation. i'd really like to see someone try.

of course, if the only way that you can make the Bush government look remotely competent is by comparing it to Iraq (which, actually, is an extention of the Bush government, we could call it "New Texas") or China (and you didn't even trot out Iran and North Korea), then you've pretty much admitted that this current government is, by American and Western standards, beyond the pale.

Irvine511 said:

ANY american government.

actually, ANY western government. i'd much rather have the current Canadian government, the current British government, the current Danish government, etc.

and, please, continue to defend the Bush administation. i'd really like to see someone try.

of course, if the only way that you can make the Bush government look remotely competent is by comparing it to Iraq (which, actually, is an extention of the Bush government, we could call it "New Texas") or China (and you didn't even trot out Iran and North Korea), then you've pretty much admitted that this current government is, by American and Western standards, beyond the pale.

10%+ unemployment in most European countries, stagnant economic growth (except Ireland), Muslim riots in France, Germany and Belgium.

I think I'll stay in the U.S.

The Bush Admin. is a lifesaver compared to the Clinton Admin. Clinton gave us 99% of the problems we are dealing with now.

Just because the approval rating is low, does not mean the states will all go blue. You people need to stop getting all of your info from CNN.

japes4 said:
10%+ unemployment in most European countries, stagnant economic growth (except Ireland), Muslim riots in France, Germany and Belgium.
But our decreases in unemployment over the last three decades have come at the cost of mushrooming wage inequality, a phenomenon which Western Europe has largely avoided. As of the late 1990s, according to the Harvard Business Review, an average male worker in the bottom 10% of Western Europe's earnings distribution still made 68% of the median worker's income. In the US, he made only 38% of the median, and with much less of a safety net available to him if he lost his job. And then there's the 40 million Americans who have no health insurance...

The US has never had Muslim riots under any Administration, so I don't see what that has to do with anything.

elevateandy said:
The Bush Admin. is a lifesaver compared to the Clinton Admin. Clinton gave us 99% of the problems we are dealing with now.

Clinton never have my vote, but I don't think that's a fair statement. Can you elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom