State of the Union Address

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i like standing and sitting with the members of congress... makes for a good workout.

I'm telling you guys, those of us who lived in Communist dictatorships have a good laugh every SOTU because this ridiculous on your feet applause every 3 seconds is JUST LIKE Stalin et al speeches used to go.

Hilarious! :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i might be crazy but whoever's sitting next to joe lieberman looks a hell of a lot like derek jeter

i found a screen shot...

jeter_derek.jpg
a_droopy_m.jpg

There's a very appropriate South Park on right now. :happy:

(Is the speech over yet? I can't watch cos I was just eating Panda Express for dinner which is sort of vomit-inducing anyway and as someone else mentioned, I don't think my stomach would thank me)

Does anyone in the US play drinking games to Bush speeches? Obviously I'm not watching this, but I assume as per usual if you were taking a shot for every mention of 'freedom' you'd be off to hospital in no time.

He should drop "Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn babies head" in there. He'd get impeached for sure.

Earnie Shavers said:
Does anyone in the US play drinking games to Bush speeches? Obviously I'm not watching this, but I assume as per usual if you were taking a shot for every mention of 'freedom' you'd be off to hospital in no time.

He should drop "Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn babies head" in there. He'd get impeached for sure.

i'm not tonight, but i will admit, i was at a bar last year when the state of the union was given, and yes, we did turn it into a drinking game.

it was awesome

mw8qk1.jpg

A_Wanderer said:
Online, im watching live from Aus via the website :D

Hooray for the Internet, it allows me to feel queasy by listening to a speech in the US!

Back
Top Bottom