State of the Union Address - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2006, 10:24 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:58 PM
It's all sort of depressing...but saying letting the poor die is the American way is completely uncalled for. It's not the American way, it's the human way!

rotflmfao

Old 01-31-2006, 10:26 PM   #92
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:58 PM
This guy isn't a particularly good speechmaker. I particularly dislike the way he's using "there's a better way". It feels like he should be saying:

"There are problems because of [this], [that], and [the other]. There's a better way."

But it seems to me he's saying it more like this:

"There are problems because of [this], [that], [the other], there's a better way."

As if "there's a better way" is part of the problem!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-31-2006, 10:26 PM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life

Ah yes..."equality." Hollow words coming from Virginia.

(I chuckle over how Bob Schieffer from CBS just called Kaine "a very conservative Democrat.")

Melon
Old 01-31-2006, 10:31 PM   #94
Vocal parasite

That was a completely uninspiring speech. Is that the best the Democrats can possibly offer in rebuttal to Bush?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-31-2006, 10:33 PM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:58 AM
Those c-span callers are mad.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:33 PM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
That was a completely uninspiring speech. Is that the best the Democrats can possibly offer in rebuttal to Bush?
The guy just didn't make a good speech. It was too safe, too concerned with not upsetting anyone. Barak Obama would've been better - he's a Democratic senator, if you didn't know. I'd rather hear any senator over any governer.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:35 PM   #97
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
The guy just didn't make a good speech. It was too safe, too concerned with not upsetting anyone. Barak Obama would've been better - he's a Democratic senator, if you didn't know. I'd rather hear any senator over any governer.
The reason they chose a governor was likely because it came to the Democratic Party's attention, following the defeat of Kerry, that governors are more electable for the presidency than senators. Such has been the prevailing belief since.

Melon
Old 01-31-2006, 10:35 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The guy just didn't make a good speech. It was too safe, too concerned with not upsetting anyone.
That's exactly what I said in the other thread.

For God's sake, grow a set and stop waffling.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:41 PM   #99
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Yeah, I've read about Obama, but never heard him speak. What I think is needed is someone not afraid to say what needs to be said and take Bush to pieces. If he'd do that, excellent, give him the job. Put Bush in his place and give everyone two clear options rather than Republican vs Wishy-washy Uninspiring "I Can't Believe It's Not The Republican Party!"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-31-2006, 10:58 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:

Yeah, I've read about Obama, but never heard him speak. What I think is needed is someone not afraid to say what needs to be said and take Bush to pieces. If he'd do that, excellent, give him the job. Put Bush in his place and give everyone two clear options rather than Republican vs Wishy-washy Uninspiring "I Can't Believe It's Not The Republican Party!"
Exactly. The lack of balls or any ability to do anything right from the Democrats over the Bush years I would think is just as much of a crime and disgrace as the actions actually taken by the Republicans over the Bush years. It should be easy, but for some unknown reason they can't do a step of it right. So fucking dumb. All of them. Incredibly, stunningly stupid.

The exact same scenario in Australia as well. The left should have monstered the last election. Run Howard out the door with his tail between his legs. All they had to do was appear competent. Not great, just competent. They couldn't even manage that.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:09 PM   #101
Refugee

Local Time: 05:58 PM
The guy on CNN said that he thought the Decmorats response was surprisingly effective
Old 01-31-2006, 11:25 PM   #102
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Earnie Shavers

Exactly. The lack of balls or any ability to do anything right from the Democrats over the Bush years I would think is just as much of a crime and disgrace as the actions actually taken by the Republicans over the Bush years. It should be easy, but for some unknown reason they can't do a step of it right. So fucking dumb. All of them. Incredibly, stunningly stupid.

The exact same scenario in Australia as well. The left should have monstered the last election. Run Howard out the door with his tail between his legs. All they had to do was appear competent. Not great, just competent. They couldn't even manage that.
I can't comprehend how Bush continues to survive so unscathed. The Democrats should have ripped him a few thousand new arseholes by now. Really, who are they afraid of offending? Conservatives who'd never vote for them anyway?

And I'm so thankful I fell just short of being old enough to vote in the last election. None of the politicians here inspire me. I'd rather vote for a cartoon character cut out of the Weekend Australian than for any of the parties here.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-31-2006, 11:32 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:58 PM
At least freedom's on the march.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:02 AM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
I can't comprehend how Bush continues to survive so unscathed. The Democrats should have ripped him a few thousand new arseholes by now. Really, who are they afraid of offending? Conservatives who'd never vote for them anyway?
My guess is they are afraid of the GOP personal attack and innuendo machine. Their is no level Karl Rove and his evil minions won't stoop to. And somehow the public just accepts it.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:06 AM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie

there is obviously a VLWC here in, fym. i'm disturbed, guys. very disturbed.