State of the Union Address

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
all this talk about how great we are reminds me of a lewis black line...

"america is the only country on earth that feels the need to remind everyone that they're the greatest country on earth, and that is pretty god damned obnoxious. if you had a coworker who would come in every day and yell 'i'm the greatest of them all, and all you sniviling shits would die without me hahahahaha', within 2 weeks, you would kill him... and eat him, just to consume his powers."

That's not funny. It's true.

Oh no...Bush said "creator," instead of "God." What's next in the slippery slope?

Melon

Maybe Detroit needs a Category 5 hurricane. That seems to be the only time Bush ever bothers to mention anything about urban renewal.

Melon

Headache in a Suitcase said:
is it just me or did i just hear a t-mobile cell phone go off in the background?

I heard that...it's the same ringtone as my mom's phone, I thought it was hers ringing for a second.

How long is this shit??

I worked a long day, all I want is to watch some Law and Order. :mad:

What about getting those AIDs medicines to Africa? Why do you seem more proud of getting those medicines to those in America?

:angry:

namkcuR said:
What about getting those AIDS medicines to Africa? Why do you seem more proud of getting those medicines to those in America?

Because pharmaceutical companies make $10,000 a year per person medicating American AIDS patients. Poor people are just supposed to die, because if they aren't rich, then they must be evil. And evil people must die. That's the American way.

Melon

:lmao: This is kind of like watching Mystery Science Theater...

...only that's not a movie :scream:

melon said:

Because pharmaceutical companies make $10,000 a year per person medicating American AIDS patients. Poor people are just supposed to die, because if they aren't rich, then they must be evil. And evil people must die. That's the American way.

Melon

After all, God - oops, I mean, the Creator - helps those who help themselves, and the poor clearly are just lazy bums and they deserve to die. It's in the Bible! :happy:

yolland said:
:lmao: This is kind of like watching Mystery Science Theater...

...only that's not a movie :scream:

With "Manos: The Hands of Fate" being more interesting, yet not as funny. :sexywink:

Melon

namkcuR said:
What about getting those AIDs medicines to Africa? Why do you seem more proud of getting those medicines to those in America?

:angry:

well to be fair he is President of the US so he's supposed to be serving his citizens first and foremost and all...

melon feeling a bit cynical tonight? :huh:

VertigoGal said:
melon feeling a bit cynical tonight? :huh:

Just riding the Straight Talk Express tonight, I guess. I'm tired of false hope, and I'm tired of giving credit to people or entities out of old loyalties where credit is no longer due.

And, so far, listening to Kaine's speech, it sounds like a lot of hokey sucking up to conservatives.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom