State of the Union

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ILuvLarryMullen said:
:applaud: nbcrusader

I think it's time to use that ignore button for the first time ever! logic obviously doesn't work so I would recommend others do the same if they don't want to be irritated all the time. It's nice to see we have at least one thing on this board that brings the right and the left together :wink:

I have never used the ignore button, but I admit to being tempted. How do you do it?? I can't find the thing on my screen.

go to user cp, then select edit ignore list, i think it's near the buddy list and put the member name you want to ignore in the box and hit submit.

ah, one of the few instances in life where if you ignore the problem it will go away :drool:

Bush didn't get a lot of votes from minorities and he got zero votes from Canada and zero votes from Africa.

Wow really no votes from either one hmm now that you brought that to my attention I am all for Bush not giving a rats ass about the rest of the world .. Ohh wait a second I have a moral conscience.and I can see past my own boarder ooh why was I so cursed to carry this burden . thats right ohh and opps I forgot about that Free Trade thing with Canada and oh ya perhaps we shouldnt anger those Africans.. those tribal people are scary arent they Lipstick Boy

( sarcasim often gets me into trouble , so I apologize if in attempting to show some un- named person how dumb he sounds, I offended anyone )

i finally started using the ignore button too... didn't really want to do it tho :|

katey katey katey

Katey, you obviously have an internet connection which requires a monthly fee and a computer...

if you feel so strongly about just sending as much money as possible over to Africa, sell your computer on eBay, cut off your internet connection, and give the money you save to the people in Africa. I'm sure they'll really appreciate it and I'm sure the money you give them will really make them change their behavior and they'll forever be changed by your donation :rolleyes:

Re: a disease ?

U2LipstickBoy said:
Nobody at my Church has AIDS, because everyone at my church has values and faith, they don't engage in immoral premarital or homosexual relations

Right, because we all know it's homosexuals that are being affected by AIDS the most. :rolleyes:. Never mind the fact that the heterosexual rate is rising pretty rapidly.

If you claim to be so knowledgeable on AIDS, you'd also know that it's been proven that AIDS is not a disease that discriminates.

In regards to Bush not supporting those of us who didn't support him-ah, but shouldn't it be the job of a president to try and make as many people from both sides happy as possible.

If Bush wants everyone to vote for him this year, he has to learn to start catering to people on both sides. That's the only way I can support a president, is if they do some stuff that I want. We're the bosses of the president. We tell him what to do. Not the other way around.

As for the rest of your posts...yeah, that ignore button's looking much better...

Also, go, nbcrusader, go, nbcrusader, go! Woo! :D.

Angela

you can ignore the truth

you can ignore the truth, but you won't be able to ignore the results in November when me and 56% of America vote for Bush :wave:

Katey, you obviously have an internet connection which requires a monthly fee and a computer...if you feel so strongly about just sending as much money as possible over to Africa, sell your computer on eBay, cut off your internet connection, and give the money you save to the people in Africa. I'm sure they'll really appreciate it and I'm sure the money you give them will really make them change their behavior and they'll forever be changed by your donation

I have a better idea .. how about you sell your computer .. cut off your internet and donate it to your hero George Bush for his campaign..

No that I need to justify who or what amount I donate to this cause.. .. I'm not pretending to be Mother Theresa.. I'm not her I could never in a million years measure up to her.. but she used her potential just as people like Bono and Oprah use theirs.. George W. Bush although I am sure a moral man has somewhere along the way gotten sidetracked by politics

this is not a monetary issue for me.other then the fact the governments by simple rule need to live up to there commitments to the Millenium Development Goals and they need to have Global Vision.. . at it's root it is about morality , equality and human rights.. For me I can't stand injustice. At the end of the day know matter how strong I try to be 6500-7000 lives are just to much for me to stomach..

In Rwanda after the genocide was pretty much over , Bill Clinton went over to visit and after getting off the plane said to General Romeo Dellaire.." I'm sorry I had no idea"..

the genocide that took place there was horrific .. but in the greater picture not all that important enough to the U.S to do anything about..

That was 10 years ago whats this legacy going to be when the U.S turns there back yet again..

Last edited:
theSoulfulMofo said:
i finally started using the ignore button too... didn't really want to do it tho :|

Damn, finally the :censored: smilie failed me. I guess there's a first time for everything. My frank observation of this situation has been :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

*JOKE! JOKE!*

November isn't far away

November isn't too far away.

Dean will be gone on Tuesday, he's now 13 points behind Kerry.

we got rid of the Union-puppet Gephardt last week

we'll get rid of the abortion baby-killing neo-liberal Dean next week

Bush 2004 : Environment, Equality, Economy, Judea-Christian Ideals !!!

We are going to take back the White House this November. We're going to restore values and morals in this country, we're going to take back Washington from the radical left and neo-liberals, we're going to boot out the private interests like the corrupt unions and Planned Parenthood. We sent union-puppet Gephardt back to Missouri last week, and we're sending Dean back to Vermont next week with a one-way bus ticket, he can scream and shout and kill as many babies as he wants to in Vermont, us Americans don't want these neo-liberals anywhere near Washington !!

melon is right--we have nothing more than a troll. Will a moderator please handle this.

from the "Yeah Kerry" thread:

U2LipstickBoy said:
Dean will crush the warmonger Kerry in New Hampshire and the rest of the country. Kerry and Edwards voted for the war, and Dean is going to continue to point this out, especially as more and more American soldiers die everyday. Kerry went to Vietnam, Vietnam never attacked America. Kerry voted for the war in Iraq, Iraq never attacked America. Kerry has a track record now of bad decisions and Americans are dying because of Kerry's poor decisions. Dean and the rest of America are going to hold Kerry and Edwards accountable for the murder of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians and the murder of over 500 U.S. troops. Kerry is just a follower, not a leader, and Dean is going to crush him in New Hampshire and Dean will continue his lead over Kerry in Massachusetts also.

Hopefully, the first thing Dean does when he becomes President next year is to send Bush, Kerry, Edwards, and Lieberman over to the Hague to stand trial for war crimes and crimes against humanity. I would do anything to see Bush and Kerry sharing a jail cell together, they deserve it after they sent American kids over to Iraq to get slaughtered.

and:

U2LipstickBoy said:
Simple as this, Kerry voted for an illegal war, this illegal war has killed thousands of innocent Iraqis and over 500 American soldiers. We're going to hold Kerry responsible for the deaths of these 500 soldiers, along with holding Bush, Lieberman, and Edwards responsible. Kerry also kept his mouth shut in 1998 when Clinton was bombing Iraq without UN support. Kerry has a track record now of being a warmonger and involving america in unnecessary wars. We're not going to kick warmonger Bush out of office only to put warmonger Kerry into office. 500 Americans are dead thanks to Kerry not having any backbone.

Dean must win, out with Bush and out with Bush-Lites like Kerry and Edwards.

And now in this thread:

U2LipstickBoy said:
November isn't too far away.

Dean will be gone on Tuesday, he's now 13 points behind Kerry.

we got rid of the Union-puppet Gephardt last week

we'll get rid of the abortion baby-killing neo-liberal Dean next week

Bono has affected me

When Bono met with the Pope, and when Bono started quoting Psalms during concerts, and started meeting with President Bush, I knew that Bono was right and that religion was paramount. :angel:

umm I think lipstickboy you may be one of Bono's greatest fears of religion used in the wrong context .. I think Bono's message happens to be God is paramount and that as the institution religions should be living up to the Golden Rule " Love thy Neighbour" not judging them .I'm pretty sure God is able to judge people all by himself , he doesnt need our help on that..

"Christianity without an element of social justice is empty"

Last edited:
People, please stop quoting his ugly nonsense. You are just encouraging it.

I had the good sense to block him after about his first or second day here and it makes me truly ill to have to read that crap again.

poor anitram :-(

poor anitram, he's just another wandering little Howard Dean supporter in mourning

Dean flew off the handle and went crazy, and anitram is left without his shepherd Dean, where will the little Dean sheep go now ? :sad:

Ok, random stuff....

* U2LipstickBoy - Your posts show a ridiculous level ignorance, stupidity, fear and hate. The fact that you have managed to succeed in reaching such a high level of the above with every post, and that for everything you seem to have the exact opinion that everyone here, left or right leaning, would all agree is just plain wrong, makes me think you are either a regular poster here going by a different name to stir a bit, you are new here, and deliberately stirring with stuff that you definitely know people won't like, or you are for real. If you are for real, and these truly are your beliefs and opinions, I am truly sorry that you have a jelly bean where your brain should be, and seem to have been born without a heart. I am also sorry that you call yourself a U2 fan, but appear to have switched on the wrong button on your stereo so as to mute all voices, as I think you have completely missed all the lyrics and therefore meaning of U2's music. Switch that button off, listen to what U2's music is about, you'll either keep your opinions and not be a fan anymore, or it will give you something to think about. Also, Bono has a better than average voice and I'm sorry if you are missing that as well. If you're just stirring, you've had your fun, give it up, it's pretty offensive.

* I do agree with you on one thing; Bush will win this year. Actually, Bush won't win, the Democrats will lose. They've been virtually handed this election on a plate, and they have somehow stuffed it completely. From where I sit, I can't really see what Bush has done right. I don't follow US domestic issues closely, but from what Ive gathered, he's pretty much failed on all fronts. Internationaly he is a joke, both in his actions and his image. In a way he is bringing the world together. If there is one thing that people of all races, cultures, nationalities, ages, sexual orientation, religions, even political beliefs can agree on, it's that they hate Bush and have a genuine fear of him, his administration and his plans for the future, and most importantly the reasons why he does the things he does. I could find common ground with any human on earth by saying "I hate Bush" and we can both rant and rave about him for hours. If only the rest of the world had a say in US elections. The standing of the US has never, ever been lower, all around the world.

* Why are the US Democrats so soft? This next part comes via Michael Moore, and I know, I know, I don't think that highly of him either, but this comparison is true and you all know it: Imagine Clinton was in power on 9/11. Imagine Clintons family had a long, long history of being buddies with the Saudi Royals. Imagine if there were solid links (never denied by him) between Clintons family and the Bin Laden family. Imagine if Clinton continued to protect both the Saudi Royals and the extended Bin Laden family after 9/11 to a level strange enough that it demands questions. Imagine Clinton was pushing to pass into law an Act that included such things as searches being conducted in your house without a warrant, and without you ever having a right to know if they've been there. There are many more examples (I haven't even mentioned Iraq), but think about it, what would Republicans be doing to him now? They'd be going for the jugular. Think about the bullshit witchhunt they went on with Clinton, over nothing, for the whole time he was President. They were non-stop on the attack. The Democrats seem afraid or too weak to do the same thing. This election should have been a romp for them. They have the worst US President in recent history right there. There are so many holes, so many stuff ups that they could target. They're just going to let him win on the amazingly stupid "We are at war/You are all under threat/We must protect you" angle. Create a threat, create fear, appear to fix the fear. It is one of the oldest political tricks in the book. The Democrats should be able to blast him out of the White House, but they don't have the guts.

* I got sent to www.freerepublic.com from a post in here ages ago, maybe a couple of years ago. In a way it's a good site, I use it from time to time, because you just stick a subject in the search and you get hundreds of articles reflecting all manner of opinions on virtually anything. They link left leaning, right leaning, central news articles and opinions from all over the world. It gets scary when you start reading the posts that come after the articles though. Really scary. I can't believe it's 2004 and people still think that way.

* Bush will win. Well before the 2008 election, Bush's re-election will be realised as one of the single biggest mistakes the US has ever made. I would bet my house on that. Thank God you only have 2 term limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom