State of the Union - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2004, 07:26 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ILuvLarryMullen
nbcrusader

I think it's time to use that ignore button for the first time ever! logic obviously doesn't work so I would recommend others do the same if they don't want to be irritated all the time. It's nice to see we have at least one thing on this board that brings the right and the left together
I have never used the ignore button, but I admit to being tempted. How do you do it?? I can't find the thing on my screen.

Old 01-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:37 AM
go to user cp, then select edit ignore list, i think it's near the buddy list and put the member name you want to ignore in the box and hit submit.

ah, one of the few instances in life where if you ignore the problem it will go away

Old 01-23-2004, 07:29 PM   #93
War Child

Local Time: 01:37 PM
Quote:
Bush didn't get a lot of votes from minorities and he got zero votes from Canada and zero votes from Africa.
Wow really no votes from either one hmm now that you brought that to my attention I am all for Bush not giving a rats ass about the rest of the world .. Ohh wait a second I have a moral conscience.and I can see past my own boarder ooh why was I so cursed to carry this burden . thats right ohh and opps I forgot about that Free Trade thing with Canada and oh ya perhaps we shouldnt anger those Africans.. those tribal people are scary arent they Lipstick Boy

( sarcasim often gets me into trouble , so I apologize if in attempting to show some un- named person how dumb he sounds, I offended anyone )
Old 01-23-2004, 07:30 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:37 AM
i finally started using the ignore button too... didn't really want to do it tho
Old 01-23-2004, 07:34 PM   #95
The Fly

katey katey katey

Katey, you obviously have an internet connection which requires a monthly fee and a computer...

if you feel so strongly about just sending as much money as possible over to Africa, sell your computer on eBay, cut off your internet connection, and give the money you save to the people in Africa. I'm sure they'll really appreciate it and I'm sure the money you give them will really make them change their behavior and they'll forever be changed by your donation
Old 01-23-2004, 07:34 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Re: a disease ?

Quote:
Originally posted by U2LipstickBoy
Nobody at my Church has AIDS, because everyone at my church has values and faith, they don't engage in immoral premarital or homosexual relations
Right, because we all know it's homosexuals that are being affected by AIDS the most. . Never mind the fact that the heterosexual rate is rising pretty rapidly.

If you claim to be so knowledgeable on AIDS, you'd also know that it's been proven that AIDS is not a disease that discriminates.

In regards to Bush not supporting those of us who didn't support him-ah, but shouldn't it be the job of a president to try and make as many people from both sides happy as possible.

If Bush wants everyone to vote for him this year, he has to learn to start catering to people on both sides. That's the only way I can support a president, is if they do some stuff that I want. We're the bosses of the president. We tell him what to do. Not the other way around.

As for the rest of your posts...yeah, that ignore button's looking much better...

Also, go, nbcrusader, go, nbcrusader, go! Woo! .

Angela
Old 01-23-2004, 07:43 PM   #97
The Fly

you can ignore the truth

you can ignore the truth, but you won't be able to ignore the results in November when me and 56% of America vote for Bush
Old 01-23-2004, 08:02 PM   #98
War Child

Local Time: 01:37 PM
Quote:
Katey, you obviously have an internet connection which requires a monthly fee and a computer...if you feel so strongly about just sending as much money as possible over to Africa, sell your computer on eBay, cut off your internet connection, and give the money you save to the people in Africa. I'm sure they'll really appreciate it and I'm sure the money you give them will really make them change their behavior and they'll forever be changed by your donation
I have a better idea .. how about you sell your computer .. cut off your internet and donate it to your hero George Bush for his campaign..

No that I need to justify who or what amount I donate to this cause.. .. I'm not pretending to be Mother Theresa.. I'm not her I could never in a million years measure up to her.. but she used her potential just as people like Bono and Oprah use theirs.. George W. Bush although I am sure a moral man has somewhere along the way gotten sidetracked by politics

this is not a monetary issue for me.other then the fact the governments by simple rule need to live up to there commitments to the Millenium Development Goals and they need to have Global Vision.. . at it's root it is about morality , equality and human rights.. For me I can't stand injustice. At the end of the day know matter how strong I try to be 6500-7000 lives are just to much for me to stomach..

In Rwanda after the genocide was pretty much over , Bill Clinton went over to visit and after getting off the plane said to General Romeo Dellaire.." I'm sorry I had no idea"..

the genocide that took place there was horrific .. but in the greater picture not all that important enough to the U.S to do anything about..

That was 10 years ago whats this legacy going to be when the U.S turns there back yet again..
Old 01-23-2004, 08:12 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo
i finally started using the ignore button too... didn't really want to do it tho
Damn, finally the smilie failed me. I guess there's a first time for everything. My frank observation of this situation has been

*JOKE! JOKE!*
Old 01-23-2004, 08:26 PM   #100
War Child

It's a long way to November, LipstickBoy. A lot is going to happen between now and then, and hopefully you'll have to eat your ugly words.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #101
The Fly

November isn't far away

November isn't too far away.

Dean will be gone on Tuesday, he's now 13 points behind Kerry.

we got rid of the Union-puppet Gephardt last week

we'll get rid of the abortion baby-killing neo-liberal Dean next week

Bush 2004 : Environment, Equality, Economy, Judea-Christian Ideals !!!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:38 PM   #102
War Child

ugly, ugly, ugly

What made you so self-righteous and intolerant, anyway? Your perfect church?
Old 01-23-2004, 08:50 PM   #103
The Fly

We are going to take back the White House this November. We're going to restore values and morals in this country, we're going to take back Washington from the radical left and neo-liberals, we're going to boot out the private interests like the corrupt unions and Planned Parenthood. We sent union-puppet Gephardt back to Missouri last week, and we're sending Dean back to Vermont next week with a one-way bus ticket, he can scream and shout and kill as many babies as he wants to in Vermont, us Americans don't want these neo-liberals anywhere near Washington !!

Old 01-23-2004, 08:51 PM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:37 AM

melon is right--we have nothing more than a troll. Will a moderator please handle this.

from the "Yeah Kerry" thread:

Quote:
Dean will crush the warmonger Kerry in New Hampshire and the rest of the country. Kerry and Edwards voted for the war, and Dean is going to continue to point this out, especially as more and more American soldiers die everyday. Kerry went to Vietnam, Vietnam never attacked America. Kerry voted for the war in Iraq, Iraq never attacked America. Kerry has a track record now of bad decisions and Americans are dying because of Kerry's poor decisions. Dean and the rest of America are going to hold Kerry and Edwards accountable for the murder of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians and the murder of over 500 U.S. troops. Kerry is just a follower, not a leader, and Dean is going to crush him in New Hampshire and Dean will continue his lead over Kerry in Massachusetts also.

Hopefully, the first thing Dean does when he becomes President next year is to send Bush, Kerry, Edwards, and Lieberman over to the Hague to stand trial for war crimes and crimes against humanity. I would do anything to see Bush and Kerry sharing a jail cell together, they deserve it after they sent American kids over to Iraq to get slaughtered.
and:

Quote:
Simple as this, Kerry voted for an illegal war, this illegal war has killed thousands of innocent Iraqis and over 500 American soldiers. We're going to hold Kerry responsible for the deaths of these 500 soldiers, along with holding Bush, Lieberman, and Edwards responsible. Kerry also kept his mouth shut in 1998 when Clinton was bombing Iraq without UN support. Kerry has a track record now of being a warmonger and involving america in unnecessary wars. We're not going to kick warmonger Bush out of office only to put warmonger Kerry into office. 500 Americans are dead thanks to Kerry not having any backbone.

Dean must win, out with Bush and out with Bush-Lites like Kerry and Edwards.
And now in this thread:

Quote:
November isn't too far away.

Dean will be gone on Tuesday, he's now 13 points behind Kerry.

we got rid of the Union-puppet Gephardt last week

we'll get rid of the abortion baby-killing neo-liberal Dean next week

Old 01-23-2004, 08:52 PM   #105
War Child

Take it back? You haven't lost it.

Yet.