Stanley Tookie Williams - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2005, 12:45 AM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Well not really, only that I will say..I see ppl posting about vengence and that but it this has nothing to do with vegence-this is a clear example of Liberals projecting their views on the majority of our country and the majority of our country disagreeing with them, and Liberal folk not getting it, thinking they are more enlightened, hence a symptom of a disorder.

Load of BS. Im not a bloody Liberal and have told you for years.

SHAME on Arnold, I repeat, he is a traitor of our values here.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:46 AM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:34 PM
So then your saying 98% of Austrians are Anti-death penalty old man. So do you speak for all Austrians. Did you ask all austrians if they were or are in favor of certain situations.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:48 AM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
It might have been satire but it still can offened other people out there, take that into consideration. I am a Democrate Conservative and I am 24 yrs old. So I am not that young.
Oh, please.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:48 AM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
If you support the death penalty in any cases then you cannot really claim to be opposed to it in principle.
That may be your view, and you´re entitled to it.

I am a Christian and therefore I strongly support the death of tyrants. Other then killing tyrants (which is justified and even a necessity, according to the Bible), I don´t support it.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:49 AM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:34 PM
Personally I don't care if Williams lives in jail for the rest of his natural life or is executed. I don't give a rats ass about him at all.

But executing him will not bring back any of the people he killed. It won't stop anyone else from killing either. It costs more to execute people than to imprison them for life. And people who have been proven later to not have committed the crime they were convicted of have been executed in this nation.

For all these reasons it makes no logical sense to do. I can understand wanting kill the person who commits such heinous crimes, especially for the people who knew and loved the victims. There have been many times I have thought "that asshole should die for that" upon hearing of some particularly sad case, and I haven't even had someone close to me be a victim, so I do realise I can only guess at their pain.

But our justice system is supposed to benefit our society as a whole, not extract vengeance on behalf of some. And executions do nothing at all to benefit our society. In fact they are divisive, expensive, and do nothing to stop crime, so I feel they actually hurt it.

Besides, does it strike anyone else as odd that the argument "he must pay for his crime" is the very same one gang members use to justify their killings? Shouldn't we be better than the gangs?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:51 AM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

LOL caluna. I am just being "Politically Correct" I mean you can say a joke with out "Offending some one and have the ACLU on their Ass.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #97
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
yeah the truth hurts.

db9
Then nothing you've posted hurts any of us.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:55 AM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
So then your saying 98% of Austrians are Anti-death penalty old man. So do you speak for all Austrians. Did you ask all austrians if they were or are in favor of certain situations.
I have talked to a lot of friends and we are all ashamed for Arnold. I know that 98% of Austrians are against death penalty because we have polls and you are invited to post them here. It´s just not an issue here. We oppose it, and the media asks what values Schwarzenegger grew up with - apparently none?

Mind your words. Your last sentence I have quoted is nothing but provocation again. Of course I did not ask all Austrians if they were in favor; how should I ask 8.1 million people?

Any more of those assumptions, and you´ll end up on my ignore list, kid.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:58 AM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Why are you going to put me on the ignore list. Do you only want to hear what your in favor of and cannot handle what other people say. Old man. do you not liked being called old man. If you dont like it stop calling me Kid. Comprede.

No duh your not going to ask 8.1 million people so stop assuming that all are in favor of getting rid of the death penalty. How do you know some of those that are against are only partialy against.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:02 AM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Do you only want to hear what your in favor of and cannot handle what other people say. Old man. do you not liked being called old man.
kiddoh, chill out ok? I like you calling me old man.

Quote:
Do you only want to hear what your in favor of and cannot handle what other people say.
Yeah that must be it. Check out my other 6000 posts and you will see that´s exactly the case.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 AM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I know that because I AM FROM HERE AND YOU ARE NOT. Trust me, I know very well where my country stands on certain issues. You are invited to fly over and ask Austrians on the street, if you can´t possibly get yourself to believe me.

Maybe for Californians, this ain´t a shame. If about 70% support death penalty, that´s that. For Austrians, it is a shame.

Stop badmouthing the intentions of the people from my country. Thank you.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:09 AM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

In one hour he´s gonna get killed.

I can feel the fear.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:16 AM   #103
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

That may be your view, and you´re entitled to it.

I am a Christian and therefore I strongly support the death of tyrants. Other then killing tyrants (which is justified and even a necessity, according to the Bible), I don´t support it.
Funny, I think that Robertson had a very similar Christian idea about Hugo Chavez.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:38 AM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Funny, I think that Robertson had a very similar Christian idea about Hugo Chavez.
Wrong. Chavez is not a tyrant, but a democratically elected president. Before you have the nerve to say that Schwarzenegger, the traitor, is democratically elected Governor, you should note that there is no death penalty in Venezuela.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:48 AM   #105
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:34 AM
I just don't understand this whole Christianity thing, redemption is possible unless your a poltician. I too support the execution of war criminals and tyrants after their crimes documented and independent judgement of their complicity. I also don't support the death penalty in cases where their incarceration will suffice. I just don't make downright illogical statements such as I oppose the death penalty in principle when there are cases of exception.

From a completely atheistic standpoint I think that killing him is probably to easy, if we punish people their existence must be made harsh, death is always the ultimate release since it is just the complete end of the individual, from that point on the body can just rot.