Stanley Tookie Williams - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #61
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

I do not think it is being disrespectful, ignoring victims entirely is more disrespectful and that is a very important point that is overlooked in a lot of execution threads
Life is life. A life lost is tragic. Posting gory pictures doesn't change anything. What does knowing what they looked like after they were killed do for anyone?

It's used for nothing but shock value in this thread! And using someone's life as shock value is disrespectful.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:56 PM   #62
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Well not really, only that I will say..I see ppl posting about vengence and that but it this has nothing to do with vegence-this is a clear example of Liberals projecting their views on the majority of our country and the majority of our country disagreeing with them, and Liberal folk not getting it, thinking they are more enlightened, hence a symptom of a disorder.
Now you're being fucking ridiculous and what you said to antriam was entirely out of line.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:57 PM   #63
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:11 AM
the funny thing is none of you knew the victims' names until this thread came about, but we all knew who Tookie was.

db9
Old 12-12-2005, 10:58 PM   #64
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:11 AM
Anitram, Trevster, I was just watching a phone-in program on CityPulse discussing the topic, in light of the impending Williams execution. The guest was anti-dealth penalty. I was very surprised that the overwhelming number of callers seemed to support the death penalty itself, as well as the idea of a referendum on the subject of the death penalty.

I don't think the guest was effective at all in getting his points across. Studies show that the death penalty has no deterrent value, and is more expensive than life in prison. As well, people seem to be in denial that there still can be invalid result in dna testing, due to human error, or outright falsification of results.

I'm dissapointed in many of my fellow citizens right now.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:58 PM   #65
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
the funny thing is none of you knew the victims' names until this thread came about, but we all knew who Tookie was.

db9
Now you're making stupid assumptions.

You are on a role today.

Keep it up.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:59 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Did you know the victims' names before you looked them up? They're ethnic Vietnamese names that aren't easily recited by a primarily Anglophone audience here. But nice try.

Melon
Old 12-12-2005, 11:00 PM   #67
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:11 PM
i often wonder if people feel ashamed at some of the things they say in here. but then, i figure they probably dont, which is why it is said in the first place.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:06 PM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

I don't think the guest was effective at all in getting his points across. Studies show that the death penalty has no deterrent value, and is more expensive than life in prison. .

I'm dissapointed in many of my fellow citizens right now.
The death penality is not effective because most murderers know now a days that they have a good chance of beating the rap with 20-30 years of appeals.

Homicide rates were far less per capita in the first half of the last century, it was a deterrent, before Extreme Liberalism took over the court system by a minority in this country, with the majority of that mindset populating the confines of FYM....

db9
Old 12-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
The death penality is not effective because most murderers know that have a good chance of beating the rap with 20-30 years of appeals.
Very few ever get out on appeal, but again, nice try.

Quote:
Homicide rates were far less per capita in the first half of the last century, it was a deterrent, before Extreme Liberalism took over the court system by a minority in this country, with the majority of that mindset populating the confines of FYM....
Do you want me to start posting photos of all the blacks lynched in this country by all those law-abiding, "Leave it to Beaver" whites? Before so-called "extreme liberalism" entered the picture, that was perfectly legal. But I guess if it's legal, then it's not going to be reported as a homicide right?

Proclaiming America as "morally bankrupt" and "crime infested" is a tradition as old as America itself. That romantic 19th century ideal that conservatives want to go back to also was decried as a particularly evil time in history. And there were no big-bad "extreme liberals" to get in their way.

Melon
Old 12-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #70
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:11 AM
Diamond those photos have been removed. You should know better than to post such graphic photos here. You could at least linked them instead with a posted warning. And some of the posts in this thread are extremely rude, I suggest the bickering parties take a step back from this thread now, I am sure others would not like to see it closed.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #71
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

The death penality is not effective because most murderers know now a days that they have a good chance of beating the rap with 20-30 years of appeals.

db9
After choosing to post those pictures, your words have absolutely zero credibility with me. I'll debate/discuss with those who have better taste, and more sense than you.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:13 PM   #72
Babyface

Good riddance Tookie. It's a shame you messed your life up so bad, but the punishment fits the crime and I won't be shedding any tears for you.

Oh, and the comments about Arnold having blood on his hands over this is beyond ridiculous. You see this is a society of laws. Tookie here broke some of the most important laws of the land. Here the people have decided that the death penalty is a legitimate punishment for certain crimes. Took had his trial, was found guilty, and the people decided what his punishment should be. It's not Arnold's job to come in and alter it at the last minute.

Oh and saying that Tookie should be granted clemency because he was nominated for a nobel peace prize is also a joke. There is basically no criteria whatsoever for nobel peace prize nominations. Hell, Yasser Arafat actually won the damn thing and there aren't a whole lot of people who were more deserving of the death penalty than him in the last 30 years.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Life is life. .
No, this is errant thinking, and a product of Liberalism whose belief systems you espouse.
Liberals may think this but the majority of our country does not.

All life is not the same. Liberals try and invoke this on the masses.
It's flawed logic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 12-12-2005, 11:18 PM   #74
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

No, this is errant thinking, and a product of Liberalism whose belief systems you espouse.

Well it's something Jesus taught me.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Jesus was nothing but a good-for-nothing, treasonous criminal. He deserved his execution. Good riddance. Down with liberalism!

Melon