Stanley Tookie Williams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A_Wanderer said:

I do not think it is being disrespectful, ignoring victims entirely is more disrespectful and that is a very important point that is overlooked in a lot of execution threads :|

Life is life. A life lost is tragic. Posting gory pictures doesn't change anything. What does knowing what they looked like after they were killed do for anyone?

It's used for nothing but shock value in this thread! And using someone's life as shock value is disrespectful.

diamond said:

Well not really, only that I will say..I see ppl posting about vengence and that but it this has nothing to do with vegence-this is a clear example of Liberals projecting their views on the majority of our country and the majority of our country disagreeing with them, and Liberal folk not getting it, thinking they are more enlightened, hence a symptom of a disorder.

Now you're being fucking ridiculous and what you said to antriam was entirely out of line.

the funny thing is none of you knew the victims' names until this thread came about, but we all knew who Tookie was.

db9

Anitram, Trevster, I was just watching a phone-in program on CityPulse discussing the topic, in light of the impending Williams execution. The guest was anti-dealth penalty. I was very surprised that the overwhelming number of callers seemed to support the death penalty itself, as well as the idea of a referendum on the subject of the death penalty.

I don't think the guest was effective at all in getting his points across. Studies show that the death penalty has no deterrent value, and is more expensive than life in prison. As well, people seem to be in denial that there still can be invalid result in dna testing, due to human error, or outright falsification of results.

I'm dissapointed in many of my fellow citizens right now.

diamond said:
the funny thing is none of you knew the victims' names until this thread came about, but we all knew who Tookie was.

db9

Now you're making stupid assumptions.

You are on a role today.

Keep it up.

diamond said:

Did you know the victims' names before you looked them up? They're ethnic Vietnamese names that aren't easily recited by a primarily Anglophone audience here. But nice try.

Melon

i often wonder if people feel ashamed at some of the things they say in here. but then, i figure they probably dont, which is why it is said in the first place.
:sigh:

VintagePunk said:

I don't think the guest was effective at all in getting his points across. Studies show that the death penalty has no deterrent value, and is more expensive than life in prison. .

I'm dissapointed in many of my fellow citizens right now.

The death penality is not effective because most murderers know now a days that they have a good chance of beating the rap with 20-30 years of appeals.

Homicide rates were far less per capita in the first half of the last century, it was a deterrent, before Extreme Liberalism took over the court system by a minority in this country, with the majority of that mindset populating the confines of FYM....

db9

diamond said:
The death penality is not effective because most murderers know that have a good chance of beating the rap with 20-30 years of appeals.

Very few ever get out on appeal, but again, nice try.

Homicide rates were far less per capita in the first half of the last century, it was a deterrent, before Extreme Liberalism took over the court system by a minority in this country, with the majority of that mindset populating the confines of FYM....

Do you want me to start posting photos of all the blacks lynched in this country by all those law-abiding, "Leave it to Beaver" whites? Before so-called "extreme liberalism" entered the picture, that was perfectly legal. But I guess if it's legal, then it's not going to be reported as a homicide right?

Proclaiming America as "morally bankrupt" and "crime infested" is a tradition as old as America itself. That romantic 19th century ideal that conservatives want to go back to also was decried as a particularly evil time in history. And there were no big-bad "extreme liberals" to get in their way.

Melon

Last edited:
Diamond those photos have been removed. You should know better than to post such graphic photos here. You could at least linked them instead with a posted warning. And some of the posts in this thread are extremely rude, I suggest the bickering parties take a step back from this thread now, I am sure others would not like to see it closed.

diamond said:

The death penality is not effective because most murderers know now a days that they have a good chance of beating the rap with 20-30 years of appeals.

db9

After choosing to post those pictures, your words have absolutely zero credibility with me. I'll debate/discuss with those who have better taste, and more sense than you. :|

Good riddance Tookie. It's a shame you messed your life up so bad, but the punishment fits the crime and I won't be shedding any tears for you.

Oh, and the comments about Arnold having blood on his hands over this is beyond ridiculous. You see this is a society of laws. Tookie here broke some of the most important laws of the land. Here the people have decided that the death penalty is a legitimate punishment for certain crimes. Took had his trial, was found guilty, and the people decided what his punishment should be. It's not Arnold's job to come in and alter it at the last minute.

Oh and saying that Tookie should be granted clemency because he was nominated for a nobel peace prize is also a joke. There is basically no criteria whatsoever for nobel peace prize nominations. Hell, Yasser Arafat actually won the damn thing and there aren't a whole lot of people who were more deserving of the death penalty than him in the last 30 years.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Life is life. .

No, this is errant thinking, and a product of Liberalism whose belief systems you espouse.
Liberals may think this but the majority of our country does not.

All life is not the same. Liberals try and invoke this on the masses.
It's flawed logic.

charles_manson.jpg
dahmer.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

med_libs_childrensmiling_169x225.jpg

diamond said:

No, this is errant thinking, and a product of Liberalism whose belief systems you espouse.

Well it's something Jesus taught me.

diamond said:

Jesus was nothing but a good-for-nothing, treasonous criminal. He deserved his execution. Good riddance. Down with liberalism!

Melon

melon said:

Very few ever get out on appeal, but again, nice try.

Melon

they don't get put to death either, one that must flew right past you..

and keep race out of the argument, before you upset some Asain posters here in regards to the victims that whom Tookie referred to as Buddist's Heads that he bragged about killing.

db9

Last edited:
diamond said:
they don't get put to death either, one that must flew right past you..

and keep race out it before you upset Asain posters here in regards to the victims that whom Tookie referred to as Buddist's Heads.

I think you do a good enough job of upsetting posters all by your lonesome.

Melon

Melon I think you might upset some people here about the Jesus remark. I mean if you find it offensive with all that Diamond has said, then I believe you have offened people including myself about how Jesus deserved being executed. Well so does Tookie.

You claim to be anti-death penalty. Yet you discredit your self with that comment. Dont berate others when you yourself are not innocent.

Last edited:
Justin24 said:
Melon I think you might upset some people here about the Jesus remark. I mean if you find it offensive with all that Diamond has said, then I believe you have offened people including myself about how Jesus deserved being executed. Well so does Tookie.

Jesus should have known better not to break blasphemy laws. There is no mercy for criminals. They are without redemption in every and all cases. Or are you just a wussy librul too?

And Tookie...if they're going to execute him, I hope they draw and quarter him, and decorate a Christmas tree with his entrails. No "Holiday tree" for the Governator! Maybe we can wrap his head and give it President Bush as a present. Or maybe that can be his "Secret Santa" gift for Dr. James Dobson. Spread the Christmas cheer!

What's with all this librul "lethal injection" crap? We need to go back to the good old days of public execution for entertainment purposes. They knew how to deter crime!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Melon

Justin24 said:
You claim to be anti-death penalty. Yet you discredit your self with that comment. Dont berate others when you yourself are not innocent.

It's called satire. Nice to see that you picked it up.

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:19-21

Melon

Last edited:
It is offensive on a lot of different levels Melon, and the young lad missed your ill fated attempt of humor trying to portray the Jews/Romans that killed Christ's as conservatives etc etc.

Another symptom of Liberalism.

Last edited:
diamond said:
It is offensive on a lot of different levels Melon, and the young lad missed your ill fated attempt of humor trying to portray the Jews that killed Christ's as conservatives etc etc.

Another symptom of Liberalism.

On the contrary, my dear diamond. I think liberalism has rotted your brain.

(And I said absolutely nothing about Jews. Crucifixion is a Roman punishment, inherited from the Persian Empire. The Jews did not nail him to the cross, nor did the Jews pierce His side. Those were Romans all the way. Even then, if you wish to go by the traditional interpretation, "Jews" did not argue for the crucifixion of Jesus, but a mob of people who happened to be Jewish. Shall I blame "Christians" for lynching hundreds of blacks in the early 20th century?)

Melon

Last edited:
melon said:

On the contrary, my dear diamond. I think liberalism has rotted your brain.

(And I said absolutely nothing about Jews. Crucifixion is a Roman punishment, inherited from the Persian Empire. The Jews did not nail him to the cross, nor did the Jews pierce His side. Those were Romans all the way. Even then, if you wish to go by the traditional interpretation, "Jews" did not argue for the crucifixion of Jesus, but a mob of people who happened to be Jewish. Shall I blame "Christians" for lynching hundreds of blacks in the early 20th century?)

Melon

oops you win on a technicality.
( a liberal loophole):sexywink:

.but a mob of people who happened to be Jewish.

refer to :
Jhn 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

db9

It might have been satire but it still can offened other people out there, take that into consideration. I am a Democrate Conservative and I am 24 yrs old. So I am not that young.

Justin24 said:
So I am automatically labeled as a kid, cause of my response. Hey "Whenhiphopdrovethebigcars", it's funny how you call Arnie a disgrace for putting a human to death, yet you have no problem with the Crips (not cribs) to kill him. WOW:eyebrow: I thought you were against this type of violence. Bravo.

Yeah kid, because your response was a provocation without any argument. You implied I would defend Charles Manson or whoever.

Thanks for the flowers up there. It is a funny thought to imagine Mister Terminator being jumped in some decent part of LA with his pants down.

One thing you should know: I have no problem with Congressmen, Governors or Presidents ending on death row. I don´t think it´s gonna happen, but their crimes are often more grave than the ones of street gangs. So even if I am against death penalty, I will make an exception here :) for all the mass murderers who used their political function to murder.

The point I made is that the American Justice System is fucked. Arnold does not believe in death penalty. I say so because he grew up here, and 98% of the people here are against it.

All the arguments about this being fair or not are ridiculous, because it is a political decision. After all, 70% of the Californians are anti-life.

If you support the death penalty in any cases then you cannot really claim to be opposed to it in principle.

Back
Top Bottom