Stanley Tookie Williams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey anitram, off topic here but I love your avatar. :drool:

What Xhendrix said.

It's not about feeling for the murderer for me.

It's about recognizing that the living must go on with life. It is an incredibly difficult thing to get up in the morning and not want vengeance and not want revenge. And it takes many years to get to that point. But you have to regain some of your own humanity at some point or you have nothing left. So to not want vengeance is more about your own peace of mind, and coming to terms that the people who are no longer here with you will never be here with you again, and whether or not the person responsible for it is killed in their name will not change that. It won't make your life easier. It won't make you sleep better at night or miss them any less, or feel a sense of satisfaction. Forgiveness is an amazing thing, moreso for your own good than for theirs.

Hey anitram, off topic here but I love your avatar.

Glad you think so! :D

Then if you want the killings to stop come over to Bayview/Hunters Point here in San Francisco and start making a change.

As an Austrian I am ashamed that Schwarzenegger, who was born in my country, is responsible for this execution.

Many young people here are ashamed that this guy grew up in Austria - we have no death penalty here, so the first 30 years of his life he had the luxury to live in our environment here.

As proud as we may be for his success story in Hollywood and as a Governor in California, this is nothing more than a big SHAME.

Arnold, next time you go to eat Apfelstrudel in Styria, I hope you can still look your mother in the eyes and tell her you have killed a man who was multi-nominated for nobel prizes. With this political move, you have lost all the respect that was ever there.

Politicians :spit:

Asshole.

Traitor of Austrian values.

Maybe the Cribs can take care of him.

:madspit:

You would forgive, John Gacy, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dhalmer, Charles Manson, Richard Ramirez(NightStalker) and many other.

Justin24 said:
You would forgive, John Gacy, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dhalmer, Charles Manson, Richard Ramirez(NightStalker) and many other.

kid, I wasn´t talking to you. Grow up. :|

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Are you like 10?

These assumptions you are making in this thread are ridiculous.

Wow.:huh:

Nice personal attack.

Perhaps any mention of the 4 victims Tookie killed would help. Let alone the murderous lifestyle he created for many by founding the Crips.

anitram said:
It's not about feeling for the murderer for me.

It's about recognizing that the living must go on with life. It is an incredibly difficult thing to get up in the morning and not want vengeance and not want revenge. And it takes many years to get to that point. But you have to regain some of your own humanity at some point or you have nothing left. So to not want vengeance is more about your own peace of mind, and coming to terms that the people who are no longer here with you will never be here with you again, and whether or not the person responsible for it is killed in their name will not change that. It won't make your life easier. It won't make you sleep better at night or miss them any less, or feel a sense of satisfaction. Forgiveness is an amazing thing, moreso for your own good than for theirs.

:up: great post

So I am automatically labeled as a kid, cause of my response. Hey
"Whenhiphopdrovethebigcars", it's funny how you call Arnie a disgrace for putting a human to death, yet you have no problem with the Crips (not cribs) to kill him. WOW:eyebrow: I thought you were against this type of violence. Bravo.

BonoVoxSuperstar. Calling me 10 cause of my assumptions. It's called freedom of speech and an opinion.

Tookie is on death row for shooting a 7-11 clerk after robbing him and killing a family who ran a motel. After robbing them he shot them to death. He still causes harm today because of the gang he co-founded.

nbcrusader said:

Nice personal attack.

Perhaps any mention of the 4 victims Tookie killed would help. Let alone the murderous lifestyle he created for many by founding the Crips.

Yes maybe I got a little frustrated, but it was assumption after assumption. And you know what they say about assumptions. And seeing how persitant the remarks were and the inability to recognize that someone could believe different than he, I don't think any amount of talk about the victims would change this persons perspective.

Justin24 said:

BonoVoxSuperstar. Calling me 10 cause of my assumptions. It's called freedom of speech and an opinion.

Yes, but when you tell people their opinions aren't valid, like you did to antriam you kinda lose all validity of "freedom of speech or opinion".:|

BonoVox I want to remain friends. This is an opinion forum and you are entitled to your own opinion. We both are frustraited. sorry about my personal attack on you.

I also want to apologize to antriam

deep said:
Arnold will not grant clemency.

Perhaps the good Govenor revewed the crime scene photos:

*Pictures edited by Sicy.
Too graphic.

Futhurmore it will be interesting to hear Tookie's last words, and lastly with Tookie being cognzant of potentail rioting and potentail deaths of innocents in the following days has Tookie came out and asked that there be not rioting in his wake?

Or, is it all about Tookie and the mental disorder of extreme Liberalism?

db9

ps-
Weve all have come to know of Tookie.
Let's not forget the 3 innocents he slaughtered-

Albert Owens
Tsai-Shai Yang
Ye-Chen Lin

And I guess you are showing respect to the victims and family members by posting crime scene photos?:|

Horribly disrespectful and void of any taste.

I really don't think that posting the pictures openly is a wise idea, it is confronting and violent, maybe link to where people could find them instead.

I think it is important for people to elect to see.

It doesn't contribute anything productive to just post a picture of a girl with her skull blown to pieces, I think that you should post a link to the pictures and allow people to choose.

I do not think it is being disrespectful, ignoring victims entirely is more disrespectful and that is a very important point that is overlooked in a lot of execution threads :|

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Care to elaborate?

Is this mental disorder belong to anyone who doesn't agree in capital punishment?

Well not really, only that I will say..I see ppl posting about vengence and that but it this has nothing to do with vegence-this is a clear example of Liberals projecting their views on the majority of our country and the majority of our country disagreeing with them, and Liberal folk not getting it, thinking they are more enlightened, hence a symptom of a disorder.

That said it's about justice and that is all.
There is to be no glorying in it or gloating.
It needs to be carried out albiet 28 yrs too late.
It's that simple.

db9

diamond said:
I see ppl posting about vengence and that but it this has nothing to do with vegence-this is a clear example of Liberals projecting their views on the majority of our country and the majority of our country disagreeing with them, and Liberal folk not getting it, thinking they are more enlightened, hence a symptom of a disorder.

Oh really?

My entire family opposes the death penalty on RELIGIOUS grounds.

How is that for Liberalism?

Is the Vatican and the Catholic Church, a bastion of religious conservatism also symptomatic of a Liberal disorder? Because hey, they vigorously oppose the death penalty?

diamond said:

Then stop aborting fetuses.

db9

Now you're just being offensive.

What fetus did my mother abort? And how do you know she supports abortion?

Back
Top Bottom