Stanley Tookie Williams - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2005, 06:59 PM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:36 PM
You said "WE DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO CARRY OUT SUCH ABSOLUTES!!!" oh yes we do. If your not into Vengance and someone cuts infront of you while driving. Dont honk your horn or flip him or her off in vengance. Say Peace Brother or Sister.

Old 12-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #212
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

After all, Tookie and other death row inmates have carried out absolutes on their own.
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you

Old 12-13-2005, 07:01 PM   #213
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Why would we allow any form of punishment if there is a possibility of an error? Isn't that just as disturbing?
Prison sentence can be stopped at any time. Death can't.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:02 PM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Your Welcome Trevster2k. The reason I did not respond quicker to your post is because I was busy at work. Even his own Brother told the court how he said he killed these people.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
But how do we know for certain that he was guilty for the crimes he was convicted of? We don't. The courts in 1981 found him guilty based on testimony from accomplices who benefited from their testimony. But if that's good enough for you, so be it.
I think that is a disservice to the district attorney's office. I'm not sure we should trash their integrity so quickly. For 24 years, Tookie and his attorneys had the opportunity to challenge the factual basis for the case. Multiple courts found all such challenges lacking.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 PM   #216
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

BonoVox, where do you live?? state ? Country?? Come over here to Hunter's point and start teaching the kids here why being in a gang is wrong.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 PM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AliEnvy

So killing guity people is not murder?
Yes, but I was making a point. Supporters consider the death penalty to be absolute justice for a guilty man and not an act of violence or murder. I am saying that by killing an innocent life, the state is no better than the murderers they claim deserve death.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:06 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Prison sentence can be stopped at any time. Death can't.
Deprived liberty cannot be returned. I don't care if it is for five minutes - if we allow a government to take that away, we do so for a greater good.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:08 PM   #219
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
You said "WE DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO CARRY OUT SUCH ABSOLUTES!!!" oh yes we do. If your not into Vengance and someone cuts infront of you while driving. Dont honk your horn or flip him or her off in vengance. Say Peace Brother or Sister.
What the hell does that have to do with absolutes?

The fact that death is final is an absolute.

In order to carry out this absolute, we should have absolutes to guarantee the guilt. We don't, we can't because we're HUMAN.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:08 PM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Fine executing an Innocent person is Wrong (I am sure your happy to hear that huh) But not executing a guilty person (with all the DNA test done and other proof) is wrong.

That means the person who killed you child, husband, wife, friend, is in jail for the rest of his life, being fed, clothed, gets to work out, have visits. The only visit that you can take to see the victim is the cemetary.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #221
Refugee

Local Time: 01:36 AM
Quote:

But to the extent we are allowing a government to "play god" and deny someone their liberty, I believe it is fully reasonable to keep capital punishment as the punishment of last resort. Yes, the government should be able to carry out such "absolutes". After all, Tookie and other death row inmates have carried out absolutes on their own.
I repeat...thou shalt not kill.

For those who are tring to lead a Christian life, what part of this isn't clear?

I'm not trying to be confrontational or pick on you in particular, nbcrusader, but I'd honestly like someone to explain to me how they reconcile supporting the death penalty with their Christian ethos.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #222
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Fine if you want to put them away for the rest of their lives. Why dont you and all the anti-death penalty supporters pay for there lodging in jail. Why should I have to.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #223
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:36 PM
Quote:
Fine executing an Innocent person is Wrong (I am sure your happy to hear that huh) But not executing a guilty person (with all the DNA test done and other proof) is wrong.

That means the person who killed you child, husband, wife, friend, is in jail for the rest of his life, being fed, clothed, gets to work out, have visits. The only visit that you can take to see the victim is the cemetary.
That's vengeance, not justice.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #224
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:

I think that is a disservice to the district attorney's office. I'm not sure we should trash their integrity so quickly. For 24 years, Tookie and his attorneys had the opportunity to challenge the factual basis for the case. Multiple courts found all such challenges lacking.
No court wants its verdicts overturned. There are tons of politics behind the scenes in these issues especially with explosive cases like this. Just like as a lawyer when you catch a witness in a lie on the stand, you discredit their whole testimony to a jury, when we find out that the courts are convicting and sentencing people to death in error, we must question the veracity of the system and its' right to enact such a permanent punishment.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #225
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
BonoVox, where do you live?? state ? Country?? Come over here to Hunter's point and start teaching the kids here why being in a gang is wrong.
I live in Chicago.

Of course being in a violent gang is wrong.

WTF are you talking about? Do you think anyone here is saying these crimes he's convicted of are right?

Seriously you're really falling off the debate here.