Srebrenica - 10th anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh we always forget, and ignore and repeat - From Poland too Cambodia, the former Yugoslavia too Sudan - the world turns a blind eye when there is genocide afoot.

Never forget - not likely
Never again - certainly not.

And that is reason to mull.

Last edited:
I can't imagine the pain those poor families must feel.
Some sort of justice needs to be served - I think it's that much more difficult to move on when you don't feel that the perpetrators have been tried.

Last edited:
If only more people had listened to what Bono was saying during Zoo TV tour back in 1993, we wouldn't be marking this anniversary now. :|

610 bodies.
b24mg.jpg

Few more thousands yet to be identified.

I wish the United States and NATO had acted earlier in 1991/1992 to prevent the war and loss of life that happened from 1991 through 1995 through out the former Yugoslavia, especially Bosnia.

In honor of all those lives lost in Srebrenica unnecessarily.

They rest in peace.

The question is when will we want to live in peace?

:angel:

A_Wanderer said:
Oh we always forget, and ignore and repeat - From Poland too Cambodia, the former Yugoslavia too Sudan - the world turns a blind eye when there is genocide afoot.

Never forget - not likely
Never again - certainly not.

And that is reason to mull.

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana.

Unless people learn this lesson, there will be more mass killings, more genocide, more pain, more suffering, more greiving families...and more ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom