Springsteen: "We've Been Mislead" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2004, 05:26 AM   #16
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:31 PM
Are people now arguing that Moore faked footage, that the carnage and destruction Moore showed didn't even exist?

I agree that Moore is unbalanced and not the world's most responsible documentarian, but I don't think you can argue that his footage from Iraq isn't real. The issue is how he chose to present it--and you can agree with that or not.

Join Amnesty.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:40 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:31 PM
Bruce doesn't follow ANYONE'S script-no offense intended, but if you knew more about him you might come to the same conclusion

He is definitely his own man so to speak- that's just my humble opinion

Old 09-24-2004, 06:31 AM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

shut up and play thunder road

i believe i've already made my opinion on bruce clear in another thread... love his music, think he's a partisan hypocrite when it comes to politics. don't need to say anymore.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:35 AM   #19
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
If you believe that, then you haven't been paying attention to his music for the last twenty-odd years.

And if that's true, then you have missed quite a lot, which is too bad.

His album Nebraska is

sd
Old 09-24-2004, 07:06 AM   #20
The Fly

I think its fair to say the swifties have not been discredited at all. People on the left say that so they can feel better about their own situation. They know they are losing this battle and are likely to lose the election and are grabbing at anything with little more than a month left. Fact: The swifited turned a lot of non-decided voters off of Kerry and towards Bush and that just pisses those people off. These swifites were front page news for some time and to hear that they've been discredited, is bunk. It's sad that you'd say that actually. As someone here wrote before, let's see more than a one-line response on that. And please give me a paper from the middle or one from the right actually saying they are discredited if this is such common knowledge. If it is, people should be ready to say it without a problem i.e. Liberal rags saying Rather is an idiot for doing what he did.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:09 AM   #21
She's the One

Local Time: 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by odowdpa
Fact: The swifited turned a lot of non-decided voters off of Kerry and towards Bush and that just pisses those people off.
Because the idiot undecideds who decided because of that deserve the president they vote for. I'd have a lot more respect for Bush voters if they actually vote for him because they approve of the way he's handled his job. If voters decide to vote against Kerry becuase of what they think he did 30 years ago, fuck 'em. I feel the same way about Kerry voters who decide against Bush for something he did or didn't do 30 years ago. What voters need to consider is what's happening NOW, not before many of them were even born.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:23 AM   #22
The Fly

That's fine and dandy, and I respect that, I actually feel exactly the same way as you do, but this is an election and you have to do what you have to do in order to get elected. And they are doing it. But the thing that really kills me here is that the Democrats have played 87% of all the 527 ads. The Republicans get some ads out there from one group and it creates a whole big thing. The republicans have only had 13% of all 527 ads- major difference there.

Like I said, I agree with you, but things are not be done that way.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:47 AM   #23
She's the One

Quote:
you have to do what you have to do in order to get elected. And they are doing it.

Like I said, I agree with you, but things are not be done that way.
1. Whoring is always wrong.

2. They're done that way because we allow it. If we refuse to be swayed by those kinds of things, then they will stop.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:51 AM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
I think its fair to say the swifties have not been discredited at all. People on the left say that so they can feel better about their own situation. They know they are losing this battle and are likely to lose the election and are grabbing at anything with little more than a month left. Fact: The swifited turned a lot of non-decided voters off of Kerry and towards Bush and that just pisses those people off. These swifites were front page news for some time and to hear that they've been discredited, is bunk. It's sad that you'd say that actually. As someone here wrote before, let's see more than a one-line response on that. And please give me a paper from the middle or one from the right actually saying they are discredited if this is such common knowledge. If it is, people should be ready to say it without a problem i.e. Liberal rags saying Rather is an idiot for doing what he did.
I obviously disagree with what you've said here, but I am curious to know which newspapers you consider to be in the "middle."
Old 09-24-2004, 11:06 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

I obviously disagree with what you've said here, but I am curious to know which newspapers you consider to be in the "middle."

Mayor Bloomberg is a Republican, maybe this could be considered middle?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:58 AM   #26
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:31 PM
Okay, I'm computer illiterate so I'll trying pasting this and see if it works. "How well all of these men knew John Kerry is questionable, and discrepancies between how some of them described Kerry thirty-five years ago and how they describe him today suggest that their opinions are largely based upon political differences rather than objective assessments of Kerry's military record. For example, Rear Admiral Roy Hoffman is quoted above, yet the Los Angeles Times reported:

. . . Hoffman and Kerry had few direct dealings in Vietnam. A Los Angeles Times examination of Navy archives found that Hoffman praised Kerry's performance in cabled messages after several river skirmishes. "
Last updated: 30 July 2004

This is from Snopes.com in their political section.

Snopes is great for finding out about issues, because I think they are pretty fairly balanced. My brother is a Republican and he recommends the site. The article is much longer so I'm just putting in their concluding statement. The basic idea is that only one of the SBV actually served with Kerry, and the rest of his crew is very supportive of his service. I also have to add that although it's a joke news show Jon Stewart is very clear when he says the SBV are liars.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:10 PM   #27
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
shut up and play thunder road
This is about how far back you need to go to get a Bruce that's not political.

Why is he a hypocrite, Headache? How has he done one thing and said another? He's been very consistent in his art and his life.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:33 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

... yet he still remains silent about the corruption of the mcgreevy administration in his beloved jersey...

ohhhh yea... jim's a democrat. i remember.

i explained myself in another thread... i believe it was called "bruce springsteen; political hypocrite" or somethin' like that. the level of corruption in the jersey state house is enormous... and that's before we even get to the fact that mcgreevy kept an unqualified person in the state's homeland security position, paying him a yearly salary of 110,000 dollars, tax payer dollars, just because he thought he was cute...

yet bruce remains silent on that issue. bruce has always been consistant... yes. he ALWAYS speaks out when it concerns issues in dirty jerz... yet he hasn't said a word about this one. very interesting, at least to me.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:24 PM   #29
She's the One

So this governor thing is IT?? That's all you've got?

Anything else?
Poverty?
War?
Racial injustice?
Joblessness?
Homelessness?
Hunger?

It's the governor thing? HOW is Springsteen a hypocrite here? Has he ever critcized anyone else for keeping a boyfriend on the payroll, and then remained strangely silent here? Has he ever played a concert to support this McGreevey character?

'Cause if that's all you've got, then you ain't got that much. Then you really haven't been listening to Springsteen's music long enough or closely enough.

And, as I said, that's too bad.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life