SPLIT--> California's Proposition 8 on Same-Sex Marriage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most Americans are not convinced on the Gay gene theory, and most American Blacks as indicated in the poll don't agree that all Gay ppl are born that way -the same way one is born with a different shade of skin pigmentation.

<>

So? Some people aren't convinced. Big deal. Some people aren't convinced that God exists. Does that mean we should take away their rights to have a religious wedding?

?

Nobody has a right to a religious wedding, religious denominations should be allowed to discriminate against different faiths and atheists and not allow interfaith marriages to be sanctified by the church.

Aside from the fact that human sexuality is strongly controlled by biology if it was a choice that wouldn't make discriminatory arguments any more valid, homosexuality and gay marriage can be supported without appealing to nature.

I think most Americans are not convinced on the Gay gene theory, and most American Blacks as indicated in the poll don't agree that all Gay ppl are born that way -the same way one is born with a different shade of skin pigmentation.

<>

And there are still people who believe Obama'a birth certificate is fake... it just proves ignorance knows no color.

And there are still people who believe Obama'a birth certificate is fake... it just proves ignorance knows no color.

Actually, having a large proportion of African-Americans voters vote Yes on 8 only means they voted to amend California's constitution, it wasn't a vote on the "gay gene theory".

At this point I'm willing to bet that our constitution here in California will NOT be amended, regardless of Yes on 8.

in some ways, this cloud will have a silver lining.

just like the disaster of George W Bush made possible a world for Obama,

so, too, might this amendment get people, and especially the gay community, to wake up and take control of the political narrative and actually get out there and organize.

the CA gays i know are *pissed*, and the protest is just beginning.

in some ways, this cloud will have a silver lining.

just like the disaster of George W Bush made possible a world for Obama,

so, too, might this amendment get people, and especially the gay community, to wake up and take control of the political narrative and actually get out there and organize.

the CA gays i know are *pissed*, and the protest is just beginning.

It's not just the CA gays that are pissed, there are plenty of straight Californians that are ready to fight over this right along with them. And you are right, this is just the beginning. This isn't going to go away, as much as the 52% who voted yes are hoping it will.

Rod 2.0:Beta: N-Word Hurled at Blacks During Westwood Prop 8 Protest

UPDATE Truth Wins Out's Wayne Besen condemns racial intolerance within the LGBT community and says it is "reprehensible to look for scapegoats." People for the American Way president Kathryn Kolbert also releases a statement. Both after the jump.

Not that this wasn't expected. The recent passage of California's Proposition 8 has exposed some of the latent racism of many within the LGBT community—instigated in part by many in the e-telligentsia such as revisionist Andrew Sullivan and sex advisor turned sociologist Dan Savage. Unfortunately the "blame the blacks" meme is being commonly accepted by some so-called "progressive" gay activists. A number of Rod 2.0 and Jasmyne Cannick readers report being subjected to taunts, threats and racist abuse at last night's marriage equality rally in Los Angeles.

Jasmyne Cannick has a similar and unfortunate report. "I have received several phone calls from Blacks, both gay and straight, who were caught up in Westwood around the time of that march. From being called 'niggers' to being accosted in their cars and told that it was because of 'you people gays don’t have equal rights and you better watch your back,' these gays have lost their damn minds."

The verbal harassment follows a steady stream of racist comments left on this blog and many others across the gay virtual community. At least a dozen racist comments have been removed from this blog since Tuesday, such as, "Thank you Black people for denying gay people the same rights that you deserve and have", "Black people make me feel like a piece of shyt when it should have been a night of celebration for all," and the succinct, "F--K you niggers."

It's not just the CA gays that are pissed, there are plenty of straight Californians that are ready to fight over this right along with them. And you are right, this is just the beginning. This isn't going to go away, as much as the 52% who voted yes are hoping it will.

true enough. :up:

it's shameful when gay people are anything less than saints. no anger is ever understandable, let alone justified. gays should simple smile, hug their partners, and resolve to do better next time. anything else is ghastly and horrible and such isolated incidents of racism are a reflection upon the entire community, and should be used as evidence that gays are secretly vile individuals and who deserved to have their civil rights taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom