SPLIT--> California's Proposition 8 on Same-Sex Marriage - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #406
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Washington's Other Sex Scandal: - Reason Magazine

http://www.mega.nu/ampp/baldwin_pedo...osexuality.pdf

Okay these articles bother me.

Irvine? Melon? Please pick them apart and show me how wrong they are.
You actually expect a serious answer to that garbage? Anyone claiming a hint of objectivity could pick out the overwhelming bias in those articles by the end of the first paragraph.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #407
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:17 AM
Quote:
Well I apologize if I hurt your feelings but when it comes to children I get really angry and defensive. The article talks about plenty of examples that look like a double standard. Especially with the president of PFLAG. If you have other studies you know about I don't mind reading them.

I would be interested in articles with gays that actually attack NAMBLA and people who support intergenerational relationships. If it's not the majority opinion of homosexual relationships then there should be some backlash against those who support intergenerational relationships. As you can tell I draw a line (or brick wall) when it comes to the age of 18.

so i have to explicitly attack NAMBLA in order to prove to you that i'm not a child molestor?

i can't believe i have to put up with this shit.

go start your own goddamn thread. this is a subject that has NOTHING to do with same-sex marriage. NOTHING.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #408
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Well I apologize if I hurt your feelings but when it comes to children I get really angry and defensive. The article talks about plenty of examples that look like a double standard. Especially with the president of PFLAG. If you have other studies you know about I don't mind reading them.

I would be interested in articles with gays that actually attack NAMBLA and people who support intergenerational relationships. If it's not the majority opinion of homosexual relationships then there should be some backlash against those who support intergenerational relationships. As you can tell I draw a line (or brick wall) when it comes to the age of 18.
Do you really believe that there is a concerted effort, condoned by the majority of homosexuals, to lower the age of consent so homosexuals can have sex with little boys? Do you HONESTLY believe that this is representative of the majority of homosexuals, or anything more than an extreme minority?

Once again, you are taking the actions of an extreme minority and ascribing it to the majority. Your insinuation that the homosexual community (as if they're a unified group) condones this kind of behavior because you yourself haven't seen any articles expressly condemning it is insulting and bigotted.

You are treading on very thin ice, purpleoscar.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #409
Blue Crack Supplier

as an aside, the idea that some "homosexual groups" want to lower the age of consent so they can have sex with 12 year olds is, obviously, false. in many states, and in many countries, there are differing ages of consent for heterosexuals than for homosexuals. it seems entirely appropriate that there be a single age of consent -- whether that's 14 or 16 or 18 or 21 is entirely up to the state -- and that consent shouldn't be dependent upon one's sexual orientation.

i can't believe i have to do this.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #410
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
so i have to explicitly attack NAMBLA in order to prove to you that i'm not a child molestor?

i can't believe i have to put up with this shit.

go start your own goddamn thread. this is a subject that has NOTHING to do with same-sex marriage. NOTHING.

I'm not talking about YOU being a molester okay. I have to put up with points of view that I don't agree with at all. I was hoping for a more lively discussion. I'm not going to start a new thread if it's just going to be F this and F that and F you, and "who the hell are you?" If you want me to drop the discussion anywhere in the forum. Just say the word.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #411
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Alright topic dropped.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #412
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm not talking about YOU being a molester okay. I have to put up with points of view that I don't agree with at all. I was hoping for a more lively discussion. I'm not going to start a new thread if it's just going to be F this and F that and F you, and "who the hell are you?" If you want me to drop the discussion anywhere in the forum. Just say the word.

what kind of response did you think you get when you said that you were opposed to gay marriage and gay adoption because of these wildly bigoted articles and your insinuations that it was common for gay people to have sex with underage youth and go on sex tours to Thailand?

the only response i have to that is "fuck you" because what else is there to say?

it's preposterous. it's beyond preposterous. it's like something out of the mouth of Borat.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #413
Blue Crack Distributor

purpleoscar, you are aware that the very, very vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual, right? Even those men who have sex with young boys self-identify as heterosexual, and have adult relationships (inasmuch as they're capable of adult relationships) with adult women. It's not a homosexual issue or problem. Heteros need to clean their own house before they go tossing around accusations about others.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #414
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

purpleoscar has agreed to drop the topic, guys. Lets do the same.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #415
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
purpleoscar, you are aware that the very, very vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual, right? Even those men who have sex with young boys self-identify as heterosexual, and have adult relationships (inasmuch as they're capable of adult relationships) with adult women. It's not a homosexual issue or problem. Heteros need to clean their own house before they go tossing around accusations about others.
Well I agree that heteros have their problems. I've just dropped the topic as per Diemen and I looked up World Net Daily on wikipedia and they are a religious biased news source so that's my mistake for not looking farther into their views and since I'm not religious and don't like what the Catholic Church did with their controversy I feel I screwed up. They just cherry picked some strange people and made it look like the majority in the article.

I am capable of admitting when I'm wrong. Apologies to those who felt offended. I'll just go to a wall someplace and

If laws protect child abuse it will be in all relationships and it's best to go in a case by case basis with the police than pointing out categories. Sometimes I need to see other arguments so I can see the full spectrum of ideas even if it feels like pulling teeth for other posters. A competition of ideas is needed to allow for that or else people stay huddled in their preconceptions without challenge.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #416
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
purpleoscar has agreed to drop the topic, guys. Lets do the same.
Sorry Dieman. I just saw the threads dealing with this a few minutes ago. I've taken classes regarding child abuse and neglect, and treatment of pedophilia. I've sat through a very painful but amazing series of lectures with a pedophile (I literally cried for an hour after it was over). I just wanted to get the facts out there.

But I'll stop now.

Quote:

I am capable of admitting when I'm wrong.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #417
Blue Crack Supplier

ok. i think we're all settled on this. i'm calmed down.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #418
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
A message of not hating:

YouTube - The Best Gift

<>
I could not be more grateful for my childhood. I had everything a child could want, this GIFT, of two loving parents who doted on me and my sister while not spoiling us, who put our education and activities as varied as sports, music, dance, drama, math team, etc first, who made sure that we needed nothing, wanted little, and were still not spoiled, who made me feel safe and comfortable at doctors' and dentists' appointments, who gave me a warm and welcoming if cluttered and messy home that I still love to return to, who gave me many pleasant memories of family christmases and hannukahs, delicious mom-cooked meals, lakeside vacations, summer lunches outside in the back yard, picnics on the beach, snow man building, star gazing, reading together, watching tv together (ooh i'm a grown up now, I'm watching ER!). Every moment of my childhood, I knew I was loved. I knew my parents were proud of me, that they cared how I did in school and that I didn't get into trouble after school, that they were interested in my life and my goals. When I wrote my college essays at the last minute, they were there to encourage me, proofread, and drive me to the post office on new year's eve 40 minutes before closing time to pay express shipping rates on my applications. They were there to drop me off at college each year and drive me home, to welcome me for breaks at the airport and cook whatever meals I requested, to send care packages to me of things I'd forgotten and little treats they thought I'd miss, and to take an embarrassing place near the stage at graduation and proceed to wave and cheer and take too many photos, and to support me and advise me in my decisions about post-college life and to skype video chat with me every weekend now that I'm really, really far from home.

So, I was raised from birth by two parents who love each other. That they happen to be two women does not change the fact that I had one of the happiest and most loving childhoods anyone could ask for.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #419
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
So, I was raised from birth by two parents who love each other. That they happen to be two women does not change the fact that I had one of the happiest and most loving childhoods anyone could ask for.

this post says more than the entire thread combined.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #420
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Not sure if this has been posted...

But I find these bullying tactics discusting:

Calif. gay marriage ban backers target businesses