spelling is challanging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, good grief, it's not like "challenges" is a particularly difficult word to spell. Some words are. I remember competing in the spelling bee, and making the County School finals only to be the first contestant to miss a word. It was because I was so damn nervous. I was only in fifth grade, that's alot of stress for a kid!They up the difficulty of the words with each stage of the competition until you get to the National Finals, those words are unbelievably difficult.

Last edited:
No way.

THESE PEOPLE make our major economic decisions?
I'd like to laugh, but at the same time, it kind of freaks me out.

well i dont really think those people talking are the ones who designed the graphic

Macfistowannabe said:
No way.

THESE PEOPLE make our major economic decisions?
I'd like to laugh, but at the same time, it kind of freaks me out.

Well, I like to think some economists can't spell, and some spelling aces don't know anything about economics.

or rather

some graphic design artists dont know how to spell, and spelling aces dont know much about graphic design

Yes, exactly. Most of us are not good at everything we try. In fact, how many people really are? We all screw up big time, right?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:up: unbiased voices of reason and common sense rule and are very smrt and challanging.

What I meant to say was that some people who are really smart in economics might not be great spellers, and realistically, some damn smart people are lousy spellers. When I worked in the hospital I had a joke that they needed to teach handwriting in medical school. If you've ever tried to read doctor's signatures you probably know what I mean. They're great people but they're the worst cursive writers in the world.

joyfulgirl said:
Perhaps they were trying to make Bush feel at home.
Bush would assure you that it's spelled "chalenjiz." Kerry would flip flop between "challenjiz" and "challenges." :wink:

Back
Top Bottom