Speaking up against suspicious person can get you sued?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zoney! said:

So they were "Fishing" for a lawsuit? Testing the whole security program?

Why would you go and do that?

I'm not convinced they did do this. I think it's quite possible people misunderstood the accent, the language. As far as the praying, did they pull out prayer rugs and get on their knees? There's so much crap left out of the article it's not even funny.

Also I think it's quite possible that there was some exageration after the fact.

I don't know, there's just A LOT of holes that don't make sense!!!

zoney! said:

I brought up the language piece because you brought it up. "...if they knew Arabic." These gentlemen were from Arizona. They were headed home - back to Arizona.
Well the language is a key point. Did the people hearing them "curse the US" hear them say it in English or Arabic? If they heard it in Arabic, are they fluent? These are the questions that should be asked and no one seems to be doing so.

zoney! said:

As for assigned seating, they were flying U.S. Airways/America West. I have no idea how they were assigned. Yes, they could have been assigned, but previous articles have mentioned that they switched seats quite a bit when they got on the aircraft.
Everytime I fly America West it's assigned seating, and very few times have I been able to switch seats.

zoney! said:

Again, their group had been related back to a few of the 9/11 terrorists too. I will have to dig up that article.
Well if this is true, then they would have been flagged already, correct? And if so we have some security issues...

We all only have what is published. I think BOTH sides could be over stating what happened.

They would have been flagged, and screened. But that is what makes the whole group asking for seat belt extension even more odd. Could they be using these for some new tatics similar to liquids and gels beyond 3.4 ounces (has anyone seen the SNL skit mocking TSA - "turkey sandwhich")?

One of the other articles said they were moving around different seats. I believe they were travelling mid-week, which would mean that there could have been some open seats to move around. :shrug: When I lived in MSP, I know that there would often be open seats on these flights to Phoenix (good non-revenue traveling flights...important stuff to know if you are stuck).

Still, a lot of unanswered questions we have both brought up.

zoney! said:

They would have been flagged, and screened. But that is what makes the whole group asking for seat belt extension even more odd. Could they be using these for some new tatics similar to liquids and gels beyond 3.4 ounces ?

One of the other articles said they were moving around different seats. I believe they were travelling mid-week, which would mean that there could have been some open seats to move around. :shrug: When I lived in MSP, I know that there would often be open seats on these flights to Phoenix (good non-revenue traveling flights...important stuff to know if you are stuck).

Still, a lot of unanswered questions we have both brought up.

Well I think asking for extenders and not using them and moving around different seats would and should be behavior the staff should look into. I don't think it would be that difficult to assure that the extenders being passed out are actually being used. Especially when passing out several to people who obviously don't need them. And if someone gets up to sit next to their friend, fine, if they get up and move to several different seats this should be flagged as suspicious behavior.

Back
Top Bottom