Spain Unveils Controversial Gay Marriage Law - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2004, 08:56 AM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by iacrobat

Can you even begin to grasp how offensive that is?

Civilised indeed.
Yes A_wanderer said that aswell. I should have made it more clear, I agree. I wasn't saying that all gays are a virus.
I was talking about how the media\social acceptance are encouraging homosexuality which is wrong IMO. If you think encouraging such actions is okay, that's fine.

Old 10-02-2004, 08:57 AM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:47 PM
We will not see such numbers, I am willing to bet money - or at least large ammounts of pride on this.

If 99.999% of the population was gay then yes there would be a very big problem, but the reality is that this will not happen. And if its all just in fun then I am sure that they will grow out of it and settle down to have kids - nuff said. I do not have a single friend how has ever decided to turn gay because it is cool, you would have to be a real tool to do such a thing, therefore not many people will. You are overreacting to a nonissue.

What are you smoking, I think the govenment should ban it

Old 10-02-2004, 09:05 AM   #48
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Saying that what they are doing is inherently morally wrong is a little over the top isn't it?

I mean what morality code are they violating.

Generally by marching full steam ahead on a platform of "converting" innocent people to being gay and there being a massive gay mafia controlling the media as well as homosexuality being immoral you are being, and I really hate to use the word, homophobic.
They are infringing on the Christian morality code shared by virually all the people here. They are infringing on my morality code as well, and many people like myself who share a similar outlook.
And no I am not a homophobe, that is totally unnecassary in this day and age.
What I don't like is that if we can't deal with an issue, we just accept it and label it as 'okay.' That's living in a fantasy world. We should admit that people aren't equal and 'the same' in this world because we are only lying to ourselves. And if we see something as bad and we can't change it, don't just accept it and encourage it, that is living a false reality.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:10 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

But this insistence that it is bad, that is what I am getting at. The idea that homosexual behaviour is somehow an abberation of humanity, that they are less worthy people because of their sexuality. Letting people live freely is the greatest thing in this world, any attempt to control behaviour that just doesn't hurt anybody would be wrong.

I do not see homosexuality as a bad thing, I see religious fanatacism as a bad thing, I see the terrorist slicing a childs eyeballs out a bad thing. As I have said before this is what liberty entails, the freedom to live your life the way that you want to - as long as it does not hurt others or prevent them from doing so.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:10 AM   #50
Refugee

Quote:
We will not see such numbers, I am willing to bet money - or at least large ammounts of pride on this.

If 99.999% of the population was gay then yes there would be a very big problem, but the reality is that this will not happen. And if its all just in fun then I am sure that they will grow out of it and settle down to have kids - nuff said. I do not have a single friend how has ever decided to turn gay because it is cool, you would have to be a real tool to do such a thing, therefore not many people will. You are overreacting to a nonissue.

What are you smoking, I think the govenment should ban it
It's not a question of whether it will happen or not, I know it's impossible! But following your logic it would be 'okay' if 90% of the population was gay. You said 'If 99.999% of the population was gay then yes there would be a very big problem.' Why? Gays can still have babies using all the whiz band inverto fertilization procedures etc. Gays are our equals according to you? They have the same rights? What would it matter?
Old 10-02-2004, 09:18 AM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

A gay person is equal according to me, and I will say that with pride. We live in free societies, let people enjoy that freedom as much as possible.

Homosexuals/heterosexuals it makes no real difference, we are all human beings and we are all born with infinite potential - for better or worse. There is no big difference between a straight and gay person, we all feel - there is no reason to discriminate on such a frivilous matter as sexuality.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #52
Refugee

Quote:
A gay person is equal according to me, and I will say that with pride. We live in free societies, let people enjoy that freedom as much as possible.

Homosexuals/heterosexuals it makes no real difference, we are all human beings and we are all born with infinite potential - for better or worse. There is no big difference between a straight and gay person, we all feel - there is no reason to discriminate on such a frivilous matter as sexuality.
lol, I think you are avoiding the question at hand! Will you or will you not approve 90% of all couples being homosexual? Keeping in mind, this is completely irrespective of whether it is theoretically possible or not. I asked you this several times and you didn't answer it properly, you discussed how it wasn't technically possible which is completely irrelevant.
I think that the reason you are avoiding answering it directly, is that you actually don't fully approve of homosexuality yourself. There are sooooo many people like you that feel forced to say 'yes!' even though they don't actually agree with it themselves. I fully understand your dislocation. Is it a result of the lack of social stability resulting from disapproval of homosexuality? I think I understand our differences now A_wanderer. You are a highly intelligent man who will aim for social stabilty and cohesion in any cirumstance, even if that means rejecting part of your true self and the faults in human nature.
I, however, tell it like I believe it is, I am a realist. If something is wrong, I won't try and cover it up to make sure anarchy doesn't break out. I admit things are wrong in society, but I won't label them as 'acceptable' if we can't change them. It is a matter of you and me, truth or stability? No one is right. I respect your choice A_wanderer, and it is, to an extent, the better option. In regards to the religious debate, you would be the King who feeds the peasants religion in order to keep them under control, which is an essential tool in progressing society. Whoa I went off topic!
Old 10-02-2004, 09:41 AM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

I do not demand social cohesion or stability at any price - my intollerance towards despotism in all its forms may show this - I think that freedom can be fought for. The simple fact is that homosexuality is just human beings loving eachother, and that is never a bad thing.

If you could show me a society that was 90% homosexual that used technology to maintain a population then I would have no problem with it. If on the other hand this 90% gay society started to persecute heterosexual couples and prevented them from getting married / associated issues of medical care next of kin type stuff then yes I would be staunchly against it. I have not been indoctrinated by the PC police - part of the whole freedom deal, it doesn't hurt anybody and I dont find anything wrong then what is the issue. I am not forced to say yes, I say yes by my own volition. It would be hypocritical of me to say that I dont think gay couples should be afforded equal rights but at the same time say that an Iraqi living under the thumb of Saddam should enjoy the same freedoms that so many others do.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:50 AM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
I do not demand social cohesion or stability at any price - my intollerance towards despotism may show this - I think that freedom can be fought for. The simple fact is that homosexuality is just human beings loving eachother, and that is never a bad thing.

If you could show me a society that was 90% homosexual that used technology to maintain a population then I would have no problem with it. If on the other hand this 90% gay society started to persecute heterosexual couples and prevented them from getting married / associated issues of medical care next of kin type stuff then yes I would be staunchly against it. I have not been indoctrinated by the PC police - part of the whole freedom deal, it doesn't hurt anybody and I dont find anything wrong then what is the issue.
Ahh yes finally, you answered the question. You would be 100% cool with a sustainable society where 90% of the population was gay. I personally don't believe you, and I don't think anyone here does LOL. Really, rrrreeaaalllyy think about it. I don't think anyone would be THAT comfortable with it, unless you were gay of course! (Are you trying to tell me something ) Anyway if you keep insisting that, I've go nothing more to say
Old 10-02-2004, 09:51 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Believe what you will, gays dont represent a threat to society - they are part of society.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:02 AM   #56
Refugee

Quote:
Believe what you will, gays dont represent a threat to society - they are part of society.
Even though if they cover 90% of married couples? Everything would be the same? You will still be exactly the same? You would feel 100% comfortable......come on man, I'm not a TOTAL moron. Give me some credit at least!
Bed time.....
Old 10-02-2004, 10:02 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:47 AM
Gays are not any sort of threat to society. Maybe the gays would do better than the heterosexuals do, what with half their marriages ending in divorce.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:47 AM   #58
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:47 PM
I believe A_Wanderer.

And I, too, wouldn't give a hoot of 90% of a population was gay, if they had figured out sustainable reproduction techniques and did not persecute heterosexuals (you know, the way gays are persecuted now with the numbers reversed).

Join Amnesty.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #59
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by AussieU2fanman
They are infringing on the Christian morality code shared by virually all the people here.
Excuse me? How can you presume to know what moral code "virtually all the people here" follow? What gives you the right to speak for the majority?

You have no idea what the majority of the board here believes in. No one does. Unless there was a poll done in which the majority participated giving true and accurate results conforming to what you're attempting to argue, then you might have an argument.

You certainly don't speak for me when you say that "virtually all people here" follow the Christian moral code.

I find your attitude towards this topic, towards other people's opinions that don't coincide with yours and towards gay people demeaning and disrespectful.

You badgered A_Wanderer into answering your rather inane question and then immediately disregarded his answer as being frivolous and unbelievable. Since you knew that he would answer that way as every comment he had previously made would lead an intelligent person to believe so, I have to wonder why you would do this. Did you do it so that if he by some chance did agree with you, you could call him on his hypocrisy? I don't understand your motivations in persisting to get this question answered.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:32 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AussieU2fanman

.come on man, I'm not a TOTAL moron..
I'll take your word for it.