Spain links Iraq to 9-11..(NOT THAT IT MATTERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Please read and keep an open mind.
If you cannot keep an open mind just dream up and manufacture excuses after glossing over this..:angry:

thank u-
DB9

WAR ON TERROR
Spain links Iraq
to 9-11 attacks
Madrid turns over documents
to U.S., holds terrorist for trial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 16, 2003
1:00 a.m. Eastern

? 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

An alleged terrorist accused of helping the Sept. 11 conspirators was invited to a party by the Iraqi ambassador to Spain under his al-Qaida pseudonym, according to documents seized by Spanish investigators and turned over to U.S. authorities, the London Observer reports.

Yusuf Galan, who was photographed being trained at a camp run by Osama bin Laden, is now in jail, awaiting trial in Madrid. The indictment against him, drawn up by investigating judge Baltasar Garzon, claims he was "directly involved with the preparation and carrying out of the attacks ... by the suicide pilots on 11 September."

Evidence of Galan's links with Iraqi government officials came to light only recently, as investigators pored through more than 40,000 pages of documents seized in raids at the homes of Galan and seven alleged co-conspirators. The Spanish authorities have supplied copies to lawyers in America, and this week the documents will form part of a dossier to be filed in a federal court in Washington, claiming damages of approximately $100 billion on behalf of more than 2,500 Sept. 11 victims, according to the Observer report.

The lawsuit lists Saddam's government in Iraq as one of its principal defendants, claiming it provided 'material support' to the al-Qaida terrorists.

While many opposing the invasion of Iraq have been skeptical of the al-Qaida-Iraq link, in recent months George Tenet, director of the CIA, has made increasingly strong statements alleging such a connection. In congressional testimony, he said that Iraq had co-operated with al-Qaida for 10 years, and that it had trained al-Qaida members in bomb-making and the use of chemical and biological weapons.

WorldNetDaily has reported Iraq's sponsorship of al-Qaida dating back more than a decade since Dec. 2002.

The evidence in support of the Sept. 11 damages claim cites several examples of this alleged co-operation. They include the terrorist training camp at Salman Pak near Baghdad, where former Iraqi intelligence brigadier Jamal al-Qurairy has said that non-Iraqi Islamic radicals were trained to hijack aircraft using knives.

It also includes a new affirmation by the Czech government that Mohamed Atta, the leader of the Sept. 11 plotters, met an Iraqi intelligence officer, Ibrahim al-Ani, in Prague in April 2001. Some US officials have suggested this meeting did not happen. But in a signed statement dated 24 February, 2003, Hynek Kmonicek, the Czech ambassador to the UN, says his government 'can confirm that during the stay of Mohamed Atta ... there was contact with Mr al-Ani, who was on 22 April, 2001 expelled from the Czech Republic on the basis of activities not compatible with his diplomatic status [the usual euphemism for spying]'. Garzon's indictment says Galan was part of a cell which organized bank robberies on behalf of al-Qaida, and which had supported the group around Atta financially and logistically

Lots of people continue to point out that there are no direct ties between al qaida and Iraq. But lets face it, there is a lot of circumstancial evidence that they are involved with each other. Meetings between operatives, indirect funding and communications have all been uncovered in the months since 9/11.
What kind of exchanges have occured? No one knows... You can't bug every hotel room in the world. I doubt they were exchanging recipes though.

I'm pretty sure Saddam is a bastard, but one sentence here makes me think:

Al Quaida was found for recuting jihad warriors for the Muhajedin, in this time US was also sponsor of Quaida.
On the other hand, did they support 9/11 strikes with material? sounds like it, but they didn't use Iraqi airplains, they didn't use Iraki plastik knifes afik.
So, maybe Saddam is linked to 9/11 maybe not, i'd like the ICC to find this one out, after that they can punish Mr. Hussein and this could result in less anti-amerian resentiments down in the middle east.

Klaus

p.s. could this thread please be moved to the WAR forum? thanks

Klaus said:
Well i hope it isn't a fake like the last "facts" the pro war fraction showed us.

Klaus

It is a shame they are faking evidence, many believe everything they are spoon fed. It is doing more harm than good for their cause.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-docs15mar15,1,3116096.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dworld
SHOWDOWN WITH IRAQ
Italy May Have Been Misled by Fake Iraq Arms Papers, U.S. Says
By Greg Miller
Times Staff Writer

March 15, 2003

WASHINGTON -- Phony weapons documents cited by the United States and Britain as evidence against Saddam Hussein were initially obtained by Italian intelligence authorities, who may have been duped into paying for the forgeries, U.S. officials said Friday.

The documents, which purport to show Iraqi efforts to acquire uranium from Niger, were exposed as fraudulent by U.N. weapons inspectors last week. The matter has embarrassed U.S. and British officials.

U.S. officials said Friday that they still do not know who forged the documents, but the disclosure that they were first obtained by Italian authorities sheds light on how they came to the attention of American intelligence.

"I don't mean to suggest that Italy created the documents. I don't think they have any reason to," one U.S. official said. "It's conceivable that some con man sold it to them."

The CIA first heard allegations that Iraq was seeking uranium from Niger in late 2001 but did not obtain the documents until about a month ago, and it promptly turned them over to U.N. inspectors, the official said.

Initially, the existence of the documents "was reported to us second- or third- hand," the official said. "We included that in some of our reporting, although it was all caveated because we had concerns about the accuracy of that information."

The official also said the CIA expressed concern about the documents' authenticity when they were given to the U.N.

The disclosures came as the ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee called for the FBI to investigate.

The documents "may be part of a larger deception campaign aimed at manipulating public opinion and foreign policy regarding Iraq," Sen. John D. "Jay" Rockefeller IV (W.Va.) said in a letter to the bureau.

An aide to Rockefeller said he is pressing for the inquiry to allay concerns overseas that the U.S. might have forged the documents, which U.S. officials insist is untrue. FBI officials said the bureau would likely launch an inquiry, although there were questions about whether it had jurisdiction over the matter.

Rockefeller's move provoked a pointed response from the committee chairman, Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.).

"The implication of Sen. Rockefeller's letter is that the intelligence community forged these documents to somehow bolster the case against Iraq," he said in a statement. "The United States does not need this one piece of evidence to make its case against Iraq."

diamond said:
Verte-
yes they are
and whats peculiar the Bush Haters ignore this finding..

DB9

Maybe we're not ignoring it.

Maybe we're waiting for this so far unsubstaniated bit of circumstancial finding to be proven.

Maybe we're just sick of lies and deception from the Bush administration.

Maybe some other more objective people feel that the fact that some al-Queda trainee got invited to a party doesn't constitute a solid link between al-Queda and Saddam Hussein.

Maybe Bush gives U2 fans a real reason to dislike him for going back on his half-assed promises.

deep: that makes me wonder if they don't check evidence, before they present it to the world?

Or is there a idea behind this? fail in the UN to be able to destroy the UN by obviousely ignoring their will?
Faked evidences would be perfect for this - UN members don't trust new US evidences, Bush can say "we tried, but UN is not willing to cooperate" preemptive strike without un aproval, but who should stop the US?
I don't think that the Russia/China/France/Germany aliance is willing to start a war against the United States just to enforce UN decisions.

Well i least i hope not, i'd rather see US domination in the arabic countries instead of a Worldwar

Klaus

What bugs me, Diamond, is that US keeps coming with new "reasons" to go in Iraq.

First it was disarming (US added regime change on its own. It's interesting how they say they would not attack Iraq if Hussein was to leave the country. So much for them wanting disarmement), then they said the 9/11 link (not proven, besides this is about WMD last time I checked) then it was helping the people (ahem...what have you been waiting for 20+ years with Hussein in power? Also it's interesting to hear this from the people who used depleted uranium), then it was making the world safer (sure...going in without UN support WON'T increase the extremist's hate of the West), then it was helping the peace process in the Middle East (how about putting some pressure on Israel - and make THEM respect UN resolutions. US of all nations should understand what Palestines are going through, because their state was found on the same principle that every nation deserves its own state to live in peace).

Diamond, did you hear that US was testing a new conventional mega-bomb? 9,5 or 10 ton bomb. Great stuff to decrease civilian victims, I'm sure. (by the way: I wonder if there were ever any calculations made how many children in the Third world could get medications or food supplied with the amount of money the developed world gives for weapons)

What bugs me is the US administration's oversimplistic, black&white, "us against them" point of view and their gunfighting solving problems, their name calling and pushing people around (both media and administration) when they disagree with them. But then again, if the president was former governor of the federal state with most death penalties in US, is it really a surprise? And with the conservative team he has?
But even worse than such leadership is the blind following some people seem to develop.

Apparently UN inspectors got the warning to get out of Iraq. Guess war is coming. :(

U2Girl-
The US really didnt need to invent reasons
or change reasons, they had autorization for the last 12 years.

However,9-11 changed everything qwickly.
Overt and covert dictators and terrorists w/hatred and hostility for America are now enemy #1.

Welcome to a new era that GWBush had the awful displeasure of falling into his lap.

Notwithstanding that, America has been patient in asking Saddam to fulfill his Gulf War Treaty obligations and UN Resolutions
the reasons are-
1- The USA didnt want to come across ass war-mongers, cuz were not.:|

2-The USA is not anxious for any lives to be lost, Iraqi or American.

9-11 and Iraq are prolly linked but it may or may not be proven, however this is not needed to removed Saddam.
Litmus tests imposed by opposors of Bush do not have validity.

America also thought about going back to the UN again to help Tony Blair polictically, but at the end of the day it wasnt needed.
Tony Blair showed his true colors and the leader he is.
Sorta like Winston Churchill.:)

At the end of the day the world will realize America and Britain are not the bastards that they many assumed they were.

DB9

Last edited:
"Tony Blair showed his true colors and the leader he is."

Yes.

"Sorta like Winston Churchill."

No.

Ant.

Back
Top Bottom