South Dakota bans abortion. Full stop. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 11:02 AM
South Dakota bans abortion. Full stop.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/rights_ab...azkxBHNlYwN0bQ

(am i really the first to notice this? If there's another thread I apologise, please remove this one)

this, to me, is the very worst bit, the bit at which you realise that there is none of the peoples' interests at heart:

Quote:
"Proposed amendments to the law to create exceptions to specifically protect the health of the mother, or in cases of rape or incest, were voted down."

I'm not going to go into a lengthy rant or arguement, hopefully someone else here will, as I can't think of an arguement for the other side (don't give me religious bull****) and that would make a somewhat pointless read.

There is a petition in support of the Roe v. Wade 1973 abortion legalisation case here http://www.ppaction.org/campaign/roberts_roeCall2 if you do disagree with this, not that it will acheive much.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:44 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:02 AM
This law will be shot down by any court at any level.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 10:02 AM
I was wondering what was taking so long.

It's not law yet. Time to make some serious noise in South Dakota, Ohio, Indiana, Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky.

While I don't support abortion, I also STRONGLY oppose outlawing it.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

That's a ridiculous law. Abortion should be available for everyone if they feel they need it. People have the right to choose in the 21st century.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:02 AM
While I am not fond of abortion, being a Roman Catholic, I am opposed to making it illegal. We'd just end up with a bunch of botched back-alley abortions, very dangerous. I hope they throw this damn law out where it belongs.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:02 AM
Driving through South Dakota it's clear where they stand. Anti abortion billboards throughout.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:11 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
That's a ridiculous law. Abortion should be available for everyone if they feel they need it. People have the right to choose in the 21st century.
I am against abortion, but I cant do anything since it is law. But this has always puzzled me. This is just an opinion so please dont flame me.

People who are for abortion saying it is a woman's choice. Yet they are against the death penalty.

So then why not have capital punishment. The person made the choice in killing someone.

The child has no choice in these matters. The only time I would fully support and abortion is in rape/incest cases.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

I am against abortion, but I cant do anything since it is law. But this has always puzzled me. This is just an opinion so please dont flame me.

People who are for abortion saying it is a woman's choice. Yet they are against the death penalty.

So then why not have capital punishment. The person made the choice in killing someone.

The child has no choice in these matters. The only time I would fully support and abortion is in rape/incest cases.

do you have a womb?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

It's also always puzzled me how someone can be against abortion and for the death penalty. If God is who decides who must live or die that doesn't add up for me
Old 02-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

nope. Now I am not saying all woman are like this but I am sure there are some who go out have sex, get pregnant, abort, repeat. I mean if you have unprotected sex there is a thing called the pill/day after also.

This goes for guys to who go out and have sex and then when they find out they want to abort the baby, because they are irresponsable.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by redkat

It's also always puzzled me how someone can be against abortion and for the death penalty. If God is who decides who must live or die that doesn't add up for me
That is a separate topic - but a determination of guilt is needed for a death penalty, not for an abortion.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

The difference is the baby has no choice, unlike the killer who had the choice of killing or not. God gave us free will, that includes judging. If that means abortion also then when that woman dies and goes to meet the maker I wonder if god would look at her as a person who took the life of their child?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The difference is the baby has no choice, unlike the killer who had the choice of killing or not. God gave us free will, that includes judging. If that means abortion also then when that woman dies and goes to meet the maker I wonder if god would look at her as a person who took the life of their child?

I think when speaking of first term abortion or even the morning after pill (which many people argue is still abortion) the argument can be made that those cells are not yet a life.

I'd like to add I'm not pro abortion I just don't want to see the option taken away.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

like I said god gave us free will and that person will have to answer to the maker.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #15
War Child

Quote:

a) It's also always puzzled me how someone can be against abortion and for the death penalty.

b)If God is who decides who must live or die that doesn't add up for me

a) it depends at what point you think life begins. I know what the reply will be, but I still consider it a part of the mother until birth.

b) that's a big "if"