Some Random Thoughts on the School Shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I think some people missed the warnings here, like some did
at Columbine.

-I have read that he visited Nazi hate sites .

-Students are now saying this guy had threatned to
do this. Did they tell teachers? The principal? Who knew this?

-This guy was known as a loner, outsider, he dressed in black.
Students say he drew pictures of skeletons. Again, did a teacher or school official try to help this guy? Talk to him?
Not to call him out on being a loner or about his cloths, but just to try to be friend and listen to what was going on with him.

-This guy was expelled. Why? I have not heard the reason yet. And again, who was trying to talk to this guy? Who was trying to help.

-The security guard was not armed. Now that's a bright idea. Dress a person in a security guard uniform and be sure he/she is not armed.

-He got the weapons from his grandfather, a policeman. I have already read one site in Britain that blames this on our liberal gun laws here in the U.S. The article did not state where the shooter got his weapons.

Prayers for the victims, their families and friends.

I have a few more thoughts. I'll wait to see some replies.

*evil wins again and again and again, when good does nothing*

The security guard/policeman at my school isn't armed either. Not only that but he's extremely overweight and would never be able to chase after a student. :|

I don't know if people talked to him. He already had a messed up home life as I understand it. I don't know how big his school was but mine has over 2000 students in a building built for 1400 so its kind of hard to notice whether or not someone is a loner because there are always hundreds of other people around.

:shrug:

whoop dee doo being a high schooler these days. i keep telling myself less than 3 months....less than 3 months.......less than 3 months.......:sigh:

the iron horse said:
I have already read one site in Britain that blames this on our liberal gun laws here in the U.S.

A country like Canada has three times as many guns as we do but one tenth as many gun deaths....these aren't exact figures but it's somewhere in the ballpark. That shows how stupid our country is when it comes to gun laws.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people"
YEAH.....WITH GUNS, DUMBASS!

Aaah....Elevation tour Bullet the Blue Sky NRA video....gotta love it!

Hindsight is always 20/20. Now that we know this kid is capable of mass murder, we'll always wonder how we could have prevented it. Maybe we just have to admit that we're overwhelmed and just can't predict the future.

Melon

the iron horse said:

-I have read that he visited Nazi hate sites .
Maybe a school project.
the iron horse said:

-Students are now saying this guy had threatned to
do this. Did they tell teachers? The principal? Who knew this?
I always find it interesting that this kind of thing always comes out after the fact. Either it's lies, or these people are just stupid and haven't learned from history.
the iron horse said:

-This guy was known as a loner, outsider, he dressed in black.
Students say he drew pictures of skeletons.
Means nothing.
the iron horse said:

-This guy was expelled. Why? I have not heard the reason yet. And again, who was trying to talk to this guy? Who was trying to help.
I think a better question is who knew? Anyone?

the iron horse said:

-The security guard was not armed. Now that's a bright idea. Dress a person in a security guard uniform and be sure he/she is not armed.
So that an in shape high school athlete can wrestle away a firearm from an overweight slow security guard who never went through real training? Sounds fantastic...

"And it's BONOvoxsupastar."

I only typed your name from your previous post:
BonoVoxSupastar

Did I get it wrong?

I apologize.

"So? Truth is the majority of school security guards aren't very well trained and or couldn't make it through police academy."

I don't know what the truth is on this subject. All I do know is that this guard was not armed.

Maybe we should drop "Zero Tolerance" and allow students to have one inch knives, nail clippers, butter knives, or bottles of tylenol to throw at intruders.

Re: Re: Some Random Thoughts on the School Shooting

unosdostres14 said:

A country like Canada has three times as many guns as we do but one tenth as many gun deaths....these aren't exact figures but it's somewhere in the ballpark. That shows how stupid our country is when it comes to gun laws.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people"
YEAH.....WITH GUNS, DUMBASS!

Aaah....Elevation tour Bullet the Blue Sky NRA video....gotta love it!

He could have killed as many with an automobile...it would be just as tragic. Banning guns is not the answer. The questions you should be asking are how he was able to obtain the firearms he used (were they properly secured) and whether this teen was receiving any counseling for his numerous troubles.
Also, please reference your "statistics". Your numbers sound absurd to me but I'll read any link that you post in regards to this.

the iron horse said:

I don't know what the truth is on this subject. All I do know is that this guard was not armed.

Maybe we should drop "Zero Tolerance" and allow students to have one inch knives, nail clippers, butter knives, or bottles of tylenol to throw at intruders.

The security guard we had at my high school some 12 years ago was a woman who stood 5'-3" she was armed with a stun gun and it was wrestled away from her and used on her.

Arming security guards at high schools is the worse idea I've ever heard. Until maybe security guard standards are changed.

I'd rather have metal detectors at the doors than let the students arm themselves.

Parents: Dad committed suicide several years ago, mother, I don't know

Gun: he stole it from his grandfather who was a police officer, so even in a country with guns outlawed, that could still happen, I assume cops have guns everywhere.

"Nazi"- he was ethnically Native American

unarmed guard- at schools around here, they don't even have guards, just an old lady at a desk signing you in and out

ever notice it's the geeks who do this and not the badasses?;)

Back
Top Bottom