Soldiers say Iraq pullout would be devastating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluer White said:

If you wait a few hours, you'll get your answer from millions of American voters. I expect that you will be relatively pleased with the election results.

Yes, there is a certain poster in this thread that insisted the 2004 election was a a thumbs up by the American people on the administrations policies in Iraq.

This one must be about something else.

Snowlock said:

No, it wasn't. Like I said, he's been trolling me for well over a year. I guess I just had enough of it and was just telling him so since he apparently hasn't gotten the picture that my not responding to him for TWO YEARS of replies to my posts that I don't think he's worth my time.

I think two years is patience enough. And I didn't call him names or anything; I gave him my honest reasons why I don't respond to him and hoped that by giving him my reasoning, he would give up following me around.
I really don't want to perpetuate this anymore but need to clarify some accusations. 2 years? Snowlock you've only been a member for a little over 2 years and your first post wasn't even until a little over a year ago. So how could I have been trolling you for longer than you've been posting? Honestly I don't even remember responding to you much, so obviously I'm not "following" you. The only way I know these things is I'm a Premium Member and a search only takes a few minutes. Lying won't gain you any credibiltiy in here, especially when it was so easy to prove you otherwise.

Snowlock said:

And I wonder, were I and BVS on each others side of the political fence would your response be the same.

This is a baseless and extremely stale argument that is pretty insulting to moderators...

Snowlock said:

If you need links to his actions, it's pretty simple to compile for you; but I'll send them in email or something instead of wasting even more time in this thread with this.

Will you cc: me as well because I honestly have NO clue what you are talking about.

Bonochick said:

Yes, it was.

Instead of being rude, report posts when somebody "trolls you" so that a moderator and/or admin can handle it.

Loving the gang up especially when I said I would continue to not respond to him in the future. I also said I would take this off line with that moderator. Why is this continuing exactly?

VintagePunk said:

Here's another pretty low-blow from a few pages back, in response to Diemen, veiled in the insincere fake apology, of course.

None of my business really, but I can't stand disingenuous cries of victimization.

Low blow? I was floored by his statement and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. There was nothing insincere about it. At first I was like, "how the the heck can someone come to that conclusion!" But then I though maybe he's just a young guy with an interest in politics so even though I thought he was way off base I wanted to put a caveat on there.

Disingenuous cries of victimization? So I'm saying I'm a victim but not being honest about it? Huh?

Anyway, I'm not saying I'm a victim. I told BVS to not waste his time responding to me, as he has for two years or so because I don't think he's worth responding to. Then I was told that's rude, to not like being followed around and that the thread was going to be closed because of what I said. Even though I ALSO said I wasn't going to say anymore about it. TWICE.

Third time, maybe you can understand; or maybe you would rather derail an argument that your side was loosing. I said my peace to BVS, I'm not going to say any more to him.

Dreadsox said:

How dare you attack Yolland, one of the best, most fair, and balanced moderators ever to be in here.

Yolland is CLEARLY unbiased in the handling of this place.

Take your beef someplace else.

Right. Anyway, I did say that I would take it off line with him, so why are you telling me to do something that I already said I'd do (concerning something that I said I wasn't going to do anymore anyway?)

Snowlock said:
Why is this continuing exactly?
Why is what continuing? The thread? My comment about closing the thread was clearly not directed at you in particular, it was a comment on the generally bickering tone of the entire discussion. If you're going to publically insult people, it's reasonable to expect a few equally public responses. And two mods replying to you is not "ganging up." This is the first time I've even been back in here since my last post.

If you want to contact me privately with your concerns regarding FYM specifically (as I am an FYM mod only), please do so. In the meantime, I don't see any signs of the productiveness of this thread improving, so I'm going to follow through with closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom