Solar power conspiracy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgeboy

Acrobat
Does anyone else think the fact that they only will
make partly solar powered cars a conspiracy?
I mean we can get a guy on the moon but using solar
power is too complicated? Honestly, do you think america would give up the oil industry for solar power
or alternative fuel, I think not!

No. Simple science shows us that there is a significant difference between the amount of power necessary to move a standard passanger vehicle vs. the amount of power available for capture from the sun per square inch.

There are cars that run on water, vegtable oil, etc...

Oil companies pay good money for car companies not to pursue these technologies.

I just don't get how people just want cheaper gas instead of urging the governmet for alternatives.

Angela Harlem said:
In what context, as in, what would be done with their then redundnant industries, you mean?

Nations (Japan, Korea) with established automotive industries, high fuel costs and no strong influence by oil companies (as often suggested with the US) haven't moved to alternative fuels, why would we expect the US, with lower fuel costs, to move to alternative fuels?

Those nations have very strong automotive industries in manufacture, I know. I'm not sure what their per capita rate is for ownership though? NationMaster might help here. I'll go check in a sec. There's a few ways we can look at this, anyhow. High fuel costs are hitting everyone, it seems, some much worse than others. Some are getting louder, yet, as always, we do nothing. As someone said in the Lem Stand thread on petrol prices, the poms for instance will just keep whining. I find it infuriating and sad that it will take a concerted and definitive effort on the parts of the richest wetern countries to do anything about it though and allow us to move to cheaper and cleaner fuel. This massive lack of concern is amazing.

I'm not looking at the US, solely. I originally directed that to your comment on fuel prices not demanding alternatives in the US, but it is elsewhere - yet we are all so unbelievably lazy and disinterested in making this better. Infuriating.

edgeboy said:
Well,what about ethanol?

at the moment, highly over-rated in my opinion.

much cleaner yes, but still pretty dirty. and more expensive.

i know every bit helps, but i think it would help if some states, such as florida, wouldn't allow every third person to own a hummer.

Back
Top Bottom