So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2006, 11:37 AM   #76
War Child

Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
i hope they put condi at the top of the ticket
Word has it that Bush's new nickname for Condi is "44". She's my dream candidate and I really hope she runs.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Hillary all the way.

Rice is just bushes lap dog and i wouldnt trust her with foreign policy if she was the last person on earth.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:55 AM   #78
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
Hillary all the way.

Rice is just bushes lap dog and i wouldnt trust her with foreign policy if she was the last person on earth.
She has a Ph.D in political science, speaks fleunt Russian, and has varying degrees of fleuncy in German, French, and Spanish. She was an international affairs fellow of the Council of Foreign Relations. She was director, and then Senior Director, of Soviet and East European Affairs in the National Security Council during George Senior's presidency.

She's a highly intelligent and succesful person. Calling her a lap dog is offensive. And based on her credentials, she's more than qualified.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:14 PM   #79
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:37 PM
give me bloomberg
Old 09-29-2006, 12:19 PM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher

She has a Ph.D in political science, speaks fleunt Russian, and has varying degrees of fleuncy in German, French, and Spanish. She was an international affairs fellow of the Council of Foreign Relations. She was director, and then Senior Director, of Soviet and East European Affairs in the National Security Council during George Senior's presidency.

She's a highly intelligent and succesful person. Calling her a lap dog is offensive. And based on her credentials, she's more than qualified.
If she is so qualified and is so highly regarded why hasnt she improved relations with other nations ? iraq ? afganistan ? france ? germany? Apart from her buddy relationship with ex forgien sec jack straw she aint done much else in that area as far as im aware.

Blair is bushes lap dog , blair is qualified. Not many would argue that.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #81
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher

well, she's wildly more qualified than Bush, that's for sure, but she wields more academic credentials than diplomatic or political ones.

i agree that she has a lovely academic resume (and is an accomplished pianist), but what has she done as Secretary of State that makes you so enthusiastic about her candidacy?

and the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #82
Blue Crack Supplier

sounding more presidential all the time ...

[q]"Everything that we care about is at stake," she said. "On any issue you can mention" -from energy independence to global climate change and the cost of health care - "we won't deal with it if we don't have Democrats in charge."

"On every issue, there are big differences" between Democrats and Republicans, "but the biggest difference is the disregard for our constitutional democracy, the disdain for checks and balances, the denial of accountability that marks this president and vice president," Clinton said, "and that's really our entire system being put at risk."

"Maybe we can dig ourselves out of the hole on fiscal responsibility, energy and health care before it's too late, but we cannot afford to have our Constitution shredded and our country's commitment to freedom basically thrown out after centuries of setting the standard by which others are judged," she noted.

"There are a lot of people, not just Democrats, who know we have to change direction in our country," the senator added. "I have so many Republicans coming to my events" who "say things like 'I didn't sign up for all this,' and the 'this' would be a long list depending upon their particular concerns.

"They're coming, because frankly, they're patriots, and they don't want this administration to continue leading us down into a blind hole like they are, undermining our future, failing to invest to make us safer and stronger and richer and smarter, more competitive, fairer for the future," Clinton said.
[/q]
Old 09-30-2006, 01:06 AM   #83
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 06:37 PM
No doubt she would be a tough one and would clean house. I'd love to see a woman take over that office in my lifetime, no matter who the candidate is.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:30 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Who will be 1st to the white house:

A black male president

or

A white female president

My ideal president would be morgan freeman in deep impact.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:57 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:37 PM
I'd vote for her, but I don't think she can win. I don't think any Dem has a shot, honestly. The conservative voters in the south & midwest are costing the rest of the country dearly. Next time the south wants to secede, let them...and they can take their damn Dubya with them.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

I'm from a red state and I don't want to be left high and dry. The feds are the only thing Alabama has going for it. We're not going to secede again, that's for sure. The first secession was treason anyway according to those in the know.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:06 AM   #87
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
I'm from Tennessee where Gore lost in 2000 (& he's fucking from here--sad!) and my liberal friends freaking wanted to tar me for voting Green.

So, in 2004, I dutifully tossed my ticket for Scary Kerry, the anti-warrior who got possessed by pro-war propaganda for the duration of the campaign.

As long as Serious Dems remain prowar, I will not vote for them.

Hillary is about as prowar as a Demoncrap gets.

She scares the shit out of me, to be honest, as does Condy and all the Republiklans.

Hopefully Nader won't run and the Greens will grab someone with more moxy than Cobb had last time.

Anu
Old 10-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

Thank you Anu for GW winning the 2000 election
Old 10-03-2006, 06:55 AM   #89
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
"I was one of the few members of my political party to support former President Bush in the Persian Gulf War resolution, and at the end of that war, for whatever reason, it was not finished in a way that removed Saddam Hussein from power. I know there are all kinds of circumstances and explanations. But the fact is that that's the situation that was left when I got there. And we have maintained the sanctions. Now I want to go further. I want to give robust support to the groups that are trying to overthrow Saddam Hussein"

--Al Gore, October 11, 2000, debating GW
Old 10-04-2006, 01:59 AM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anu
"I was one of the few members of my political party to support former President Bush in the Persian Gulf War resolution, and at the end of that war, for whatever reason, it was not finished in a way that removed Saddam Hussein from power. I know there are all kinds of circumstances and explanations. But the fact is that that's the situation that was left when I got there. And we have maintained the sanctions. Now I want to go further. I want to give robust support to the groups that are trying to overthrow Saddam Hussein"

--Al Gore, October 11, 2000, debating GW
Who cares? Are you suggesting that Gore's support for militia fighters in Iraq to overthrow Hussein somehow means he would have decided to go to war w/out any evidence of WMDs? That's quite a stretch, my friend.